Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arigorn301 View Post
    Ok, i know alot of answering has been going on...but i really need help myself...

So i have

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ ( Dual Core, 2.2Ghz )
    RAM: 3.50 Gigs ( 3.12 being used? )
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 520 ( 2 Gigs ) ( Memory Clock: 500Hz, Core Clock 830hz i think, so not much )

I wish i could upgrade to a better motherboard to buy a better processor.

and i have 3 questions:

1. At Headstart launch will the game go smooth? i played BWE3 and all stress tests afterwards with low settings, but shader quality on medium, and only got 15-20 Fps.

2. If i upgrade to Windows 7 64-Bit and use Directx 11 will the FPS go up? or should i just keep my OS?

3. What are some of the BEST graphics cards you can recommend for me under $100? since i can't really upgrade my motherboard and processor or even Ram, i just have to better my Video...unless you know a Motherboard Bundle Deal that includes all of that for under 100$? thank you!
    Your CPU is an old dual core (6 years old), it'll be a huge bottleneck. Though I guess it's not much of a bottleneck when you have a 520, which is a very low end card (yes, it's a relatively newer series, but as it's a x20 it's not designed for high-end graphics).
    At best you're looking at around 20-30 fps on low settings.

1) Your computer can't handle better than low settings without upgrading.
    2) The GW2 engine is currently DX9 only, so there'd be no benefit from upgrading your OS (technically there might be a minor upgrade due to the ability to add more ram, but that's a hardware upgrade too)
    3) You might be able to up your fps by a small amount, look at the ATI 6750 or 7770 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814127687R), but your entire system is weak. If you upgrade your gpu your cpu will be a huge bottleneck, if you upgrade your cpu your gpu will be a huge bottleneck. You need a budget of ~$400-600 to really make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

alright, yeah i thought so! thanks sooooo much, i just needed someone to verify my thoughts, and you hit the jackpot. ttthhaaannnkkk yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Want to run GW2 with Ultra Details - will a new graphics card be enough?

My current system:

GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 P55 LGA 1156
    INTEL Core i7 860 4x 2.80GHz 8MB
    4096MB DDR3-1600 Samsung selected
    1024MB PowerColor ATI HD 5870 GDDR5
    be quiet! Sys-Power 700W 80Plus

During GW2 Beta I noticed my framerate dropping below 30 fps with ultra details when there was a public event. GW2 is running from a Samsung 830series 256 GB SSD. I want 60 fps all the time with maximum graphics. Would a new graphics card (I was thinking Radeon HD 7970) be enough?

Or would I need a new system (new CPU, ne RAM...)? Is GW2 mainly cpu or gpu limited?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    there are other threads that can help you. but because im so nice im gonna help you some. i think that cpu will bottleneck your gpu. not sure if the 4gb is enough

Beta=not optimized.
    it still needs to be optimized.

I think its almost impossible to get stable 60 FPS in GW2. Why? It is still unoptimized and probably even i7 + 4x best graphic will not give you 60 FPS during the biggest WvWvW battle. GW2 is mainly CPU based but even motherboard is important here, your motherboard is not that great, so you would get better results with a much better motherboard, like MSI Z77A-GD65 DDR3 (Lga1155) (just an example, there are better MBs available) + better ram, like G.Skill RipjawsX Dual 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz
    btw, 4gb ram is not enough for your needs.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-08-22 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Its hard to say as we have not seen it fully optimised with latest GPU drivers. However I would say that your CPU would most likely be a bottleneck unless you can overclock it (Im not familiar with the OC'ing potential of that cpu though). It seems so far than only those with 3500mhz+ processes are being able to see the potential of their GPU performance.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-22 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I think its almost impossible to get stable 60 FPS in GW2. Why? It is still unoptimized and probably even i7 + 4x best graphic will not give you 60 FPS during the biggest WvWvW battle. GW2 is mainly CPU based but even motherboard is important here, your motherboard is not that great, so you would get better results with a much better motherboard, like MSI Z77A-GD65 DDR3 (Lga1155) + better ram, like G.Skill RipjawsX Dual 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz
    btw, 4gb ram is not enough for your needs.
    explain why my gpu was working at 100% yesterday, but cpu didnt even go past 60% :/

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    explain why my gpu was working at 100% yesterday, but cpu didnt even go past 60% :/
    then probably ANet did some optimization, I wasnt playing yesterday

We are trying to keep this kind of questions and discussions in a single thread. Im merging the topic. ~Zil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuriex View Post
    Just come across this on another forum, seemingly a response from a Hardware Rep speaking on behalf of ATI. Worth reading.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1297192/g...#post_17992147

"GW2 is an NVIDIA TWIMTBP title. As such, AMD does not have access to the final gold build, so we will be unable to investigate CrossFire scaling until after the game launches this weekend."
    Fixed the link because it's a quality post

/giefs cookie

10+ Year Old Account
    Stress Test yesterday, 2600k, 560ti, SSD, 8gb ram, getting 30-60 fps in the human starting areas with max settings except for LOD set at high, setting LOD to ultra reduced fps to 25-40 range. Yet Ultra LOD setting gives a better visual impact then others, so I am thinking of dropping down other settings to enable it while keeping a low fps above 30.

Performance seems satisfactory to keep me on my normal 2 year Build cycle. Though I am hoping my build next summer will be able to do 75-100 fps. C'mon gtx 700 series.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Hi, im running with this setup:

i5 2500k 4.4ghz
    8gb ddr3 1333 mhz
    OCZ agility 3 120gb
    Asus p8p67 evo mobo
    gtx260 (212 core edition) SLI

thx all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Fixed the link because it's a quality post

/giefs cookie
    Cheers Mif :]

Can you not play this on a MAC? My cousin wants to get the game after I told him about it. Only problem is his old PC sucked and he just bought a brand new MacBook Pro. He said he didnt think the game would run because he bought a Mac so i told him to use http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx. He said that wouldnt even run. Why would Apple make stuff that doesnt run software everyone in the world uses? I thought Macs could run PC stuff for a while now?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have a native mac client, but you can run it on a Mac with some trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It doesn't have a native mac client, but you can run it on a Mac with some trickery.
    There's even a page on the GW2 Wiki on how to run it natively (though for some reason they leave out Crossover Games, or you could simply use bootcamp (highly recommended)). I use a Mac Pro, however I can't even boot Mac OS X on it anymore as I put a video card in it that's not supported by Mac OS X (supported video cards are sadly years behind). *shrugs*, I have Mac OS X on my Macbook Pro, that's good enough. Anyway, here's the link.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_on_Wine
    Last edited by zaphon; 2012-08-23 at 03:29 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i5-2500k @ 4.3ghz
    GTX 560Ti
    Windows 8 x64 (technet ftw)

Should I be able to do maximum settings or no? I may need to go buy some new hardware because I don't like playing ANY game with less than max settings for some reason.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2012-08-23 at 03:35 AM.

Win 7 64-bit Premium, 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz
    NVidia 320M- 256MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Win 7 64-bit Premium, 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz
    NVidia 320M- 256MB RAM
    Expect ~15-25 fps on low settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.