Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was wondering how my computer would run GW2, here are my specs.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 2.2 GHz quad core
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570 2G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veysa View Post
    Not really. I am using an overclocked Q9550 with Radeon HD 4890 and 8gigs of ram and getting similar results. Around 30-35 fps in crowded zones and below 30 in the cities on medium settings. It's just an issue with the bloody game. People have been saying the same thing about SW:TOR - "It's your problem, there's nothing wrong with the game" and few months later Bioware fixed their engine and it works great now.

30 fps is not playable. Not in an MMO. The worst part is that the difference between ultra (without shadows) and lowest is around 5 fps for me. What a joke.
    I get the same thing, about a 10 fps+- difference between everything on and everything off. The Secret World is like that too, only about a 10-15+- frame jump and that's going from DX9 to DX11!

I have a Core2Duo E8500 mildly OCed to around 3.6ghz, 8gigs of DDR2 and a GTX 560 running Win7 64. I get a playable 30-50 fps on full, but it can get ugly if the AoE starts going crazy. The weak link is very likely my MoBo being that it's only using DDR2. It's getting a little long in tooth but TSW and GW2 could also use some more tweaking by their devs and the GPU makers could tweak up their drivers a bit more. The newest nvidia drivers, 306.02 make a slight mention of GW2 so they are working in that direction.

We need to see it start showing up on these lists though:

GeForce GTX 680:
    * ◦Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
    * ◦Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
    * ◦Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    * ◦Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
    GeForce GTX 560:
    * ◦Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
    * ◦Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
    * ◦Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
    * ◦Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
    ◦Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2

Deleted
    Would there be any hope about running GW2 with these specs :

CPU: Athlon2 x2 P340 Dualcore at 2.2GHz
    GPU: Radeon 6650M
    RAM: 4gb DDR3

at resolution 1366x768 ?

So, yes, the upcoming specs are horrid, but I don't have a choice other than my laptop, which is more recent but has onboard/sucky graphics, so if it's like Skyrim, Diablo, and more recent games, GW2 won't even start. So here we go:
    CPU: Pentium 4 2.8GHz single processor
    GPU: GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB
    RAM: 1 GB
    My max resolution is 1024x768, but as with most games, I have the resolution be the lowest the game supports.

Does anyone have experience playing the game with that setup or something similar? I know it's extremely unlikely that I will get decent fps, let alone be able to play it, but I read that super long game info thread here and it made me really want to play (I played GW: Factions, but didn't get that far in it).

Deleted
    i5 3570k (not OC)
    8gb ram,
    Maximus V gene motherboard,
    SAPPHIRE HD 7970 VAPOR-X OC (with no further OC than they sell it) 12.8 driver
    1920x1080, on highest details possible

35-45fps in cities
    8-18fps during shatterer event
    60+fps if I look on ground / skies
    50-70 fps when I am in the world and there aren't many ppl around me
    25-35 fps during fights in WvWvW

is this normal ? I was expecting more fps

Will i be able to run GW2 on low with this and how much FPS can i expect?

AMD Turion X2 Dual core Mobile RM-76 2,3ghz
    4gb Ram
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series 512mb
    Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    I will be run it on this:

Ipentium-Dual-Core E5200 2.50Ghz
    4Gb Ram ddr2.
    GeForce 210 1 Gb DDR2 run Dx 11.

Res:1024x768

Can someone leave me a msg please with an answer....
    Last edited by mmoc397d834468; 2012-09-10 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teredas Bonebreaker View Post
    i5 3570k (not OC)
    8gb ram,
    Maximus V gene motherboard,
    SAPPHIRE HD 7970 VAPOR-X OC (with no further OC than they sell it) 12.8 driver
    1920x1080, on highest details possible

35-45fps in cities
    8-18fps during shatterer event
    60+fps if I look on ground / skies
    50-70 fps when I am in the world and there aren't many ppl around me
    25-35 fps during fights in WvWvW

is this normal ? I was expecting more fps
    You can put the reflections to Terrain&Sky and shadows to high. Turn off the supersampling too. With this I'm always at 60fps (with Vsync)
    WvWvW and big events are CPU dependant. I have a 7970 too and a i7 920 @ 3.2 and it doesn't go above 20fps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    But the card was 460 euro and with that price I was expecting everything at max with stable fps :/. I know there are better cards than this, but those are usually used for multiple monitor setup or higher resolution.
    I seriously hope Anet do something about this, I can't see the problem on my side

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like as good as any place to post my question. My laptop is pretty good, or at least I think so but if I put it on "best appearance" my FPS goes down to around 20ish. That's just hanging out in the Grove. I can't imagine being in WvW. I know there's some things I can turn down, but I'm kind of at a lost as to which ones I should turn down. Which ones are important, which ones don't matter?

I've turned off after effects or whatever it's called, and a few other things. Anyway, here's my specs:

12GB Ram
    GTX 560M
    i7 2630qm 2.00 ghz

I'd think I could run this way better than I do, but I don't. I guess it doesn't matter because even at lower settings it's still crazy pretty, but I'd like it to be as gorgeous as I can. Thanks for any advice guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn down:
    > Renderer sampling: Set to "Native" (fps loss is noticeable at Supersample).
    > Shadows: Set nothing higher than "High" (fps loss is noticeable Ultra)
    > Shaders: Set to maximum but work your way steadily down, it has an impact on FPS
    > Reflections: Set to "Terrain and Sky" (fps loss is noticeable at "All" when there is water around).

The rest of the settings I have found to be mostly trivial to framerates...but I haven't tested settings during WvW, I hit like 40 fps during WvW.

Finally, test different drivers. The latest may or may not always be the ideal set of drivers that work for your particular setup.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Turn down:
    > Renderer sampling: Set to "Native" (fps loss is noticeable at Supersample).
    > Shadows: Set nothing higher than "High" (fps loss is noticeable Ultra)
    > Shaders: Set to maximum but work your way steadily down, it has an impact on FPS
    > Reflections: Set to "Terrain and Sky" (fps loss is noticeable at "All" when there is water around).

The rest of the settings I have found to be mostly trivial to framerates...but I haven't tested settings during WvW, I hit like 40 fps during WvW.

Finally, test different drivers. The latest may or may not always be the ideal set of drivers that work for your particular setup.
    Sampling is on Native, and shadows/shaders are both on high. I do have reflections on all at the moment but that's just because I turned it to best appearance to get a FPS number. Testing my drivers sounds like a pain. Is there a quick way to do this? I think I'll just suffer through the 20ish FPS in WvW. I usually get 45-50 while just running around questing which is what I do mostly anyway.

i5 3570k 3.7ghz
    16gb 1333 ram
    gtx 660 ti jetstream
    1842 x 1036 res 1080p 32inch screen

can run GW2 on max settings at 60 fps normally, not checked while surrounded by players but the game has flowed smoothly, only setting that heavily drops fps is supersample where it drops to around 40 fps and as there is no noticable difference native settings are more than adequate.

GW2 can be played even on a bad comp although it would be at low settings where you dont get to appreciate the graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcamden View Post
    Sampling is on Native, and shadows/shaders are both on high. I do have reflections on all at the moment but that's just because I turned it to best appearance to get a FPS number. Testing my drivers sounds like a pain. Is there a quick way to do this? I think I'll just suffer through the 20ish FPS in WvW. I usually get 45-50 while just running around questing which is what I do mostly anyway.
    Oh I thought you were getting 20 fps in normal zones :P
    45-50 in normal and 20 in WvW sounds about right for your setup and settings, nothing more I can suggest. WvW can get pretty stupid (it's like a WoW Wintergrasp on a high pop server).
    A GTX560M is about the equiv of a HD5750, just over one-third the speed of a desktop 560 Ti.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I thought you were getting 20 fps in normal zones :P
    45-50 in normal and 20 in WvW sounds about right for your setup and settings, nothing more I can suggest. WvW can get pretty stupid (it's like a WoW Wintergrasp on a high pop server).
    A GTX560M is about the equiv of a HD5750, just over one-third the speed of a desktop 560 Ti.
    Alright, fine with me then!
    Might have worded my original post a little oddly. I don't usually run around with everything on the highest settings. I only did that to see what my FPS would be. So with my usual settings (shaders/shadows on medium, reflections off, etc) I get around 45 FPS in normal zones and 20ish in WvW. I get 20ish in normal zones with everything on best. So if that's normal, that's good enough for me. I don't think the game's ugly at all. Thanks a lot.

(it's like a WoW Wintergrasp on a high pop server).
    I have to disagree. I have played on 3 of the highest pop servers in NA and I never see lag like in WoW whether its wintergrasp or a zone event. Wow is poorly optimized in that regard.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
    Mem: 3GB RAM
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Will I be able to play on decent settings? If not, can I upgrade components rather than my whole PC?

Thanks.

Here is my Specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 7 64bit
    CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    2.55 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    4 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    2.19 GB

So you guys think i can run Guild wars 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quadro FX 770M is a CAD/computing card, not a gaming GPU...so probably no.

Any suggestions on a new card then?
    Im using a laptop to a docking station.
    So im not sure all the high end cards can fit in my machine.