Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Let's see how long I can keep myself in control this time yaaawnnn >_<

I probably shouldn't post or even come close to the computer after I've had a few beers -__-
    I bet I'll banned before you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I bet I'll banned before you.
    Oh you don't wanna bet me ! :P

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666;15770268
    [/COLOR
    And medicine seems to be really competitive :/
    Very much. But even with medical school, you don't necessarily need a relevant major. I know a girl who got in with a major in Fashion Design. She did take all of the prerequisite classes (lots of biology and chemistry), of course.

But yes, at a 4 year university, you get accepted based on your high school grades and test scores. You usually don't have to declare a major until your 3rd year. Even then, you can switch your major many times.

I probably shouldn't post or even come close to the computer after I've had a few beers -__-
    More drunken cycling \o/
    I want to try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    More drunken cycling \o/
    I want to try that.
    haha ye ! It's awesome

I just love cycling drunk for some reason... it's just awesome ^^ specially in a sunny, blue sky day ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildtree - Why so much hate?

Oops... I almost forgot this thread... sorry

No hate, just had to pick on you /grin... Given we're arch rivals... EFF CEE ENN

Picking up on your stadium question.
    Most US stadiums are larger than most football stadium in Europe/Germany. But, almost all of them are not within FIFA standards. Direct comparison is therefor rather difficult, if not impossible.
    Think Berlin and Nuremberg, and how difficult it is to have any great atmosphere there due to the damn track around the field.

There's a reason why there isn't a single US stadium within the list of legendary stadiums such as Maracana, Old Trafford, Bernabeu, Wembley, Nou Camp, Estadio Azteca, San Siro, Anfield Road, Signal-Iduna Park etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also not required to have a law degree to become a lawyer in many states. You just have to pass the Bar, which usually is damn near impossible if you didn't go to law school.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's also not required to have a law degree to become a lawyer in many states. You just have to pass the Bar, which usually is damn near impossible if you didn't go to law school.
    I've seen this many times in movies, guy doesn't want a lawyer, does his own defense.

Is this really possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen this many times in movies, guy doesn't want a lawyer, does his own defense.

Is this really possible?
    Absolutely, but you're not a lawyer just because you choose to defend yourself. You're only a lawyer if you pass the Bar exam. In some states, they require you to also have a law degree, while in others you only have to pass the exam.

Absolutely, but you're not a lawyer just because you choose to defend yourself. You're only a lawyer if you pass the Bar exam. In some states, they require you to also have a law degree, while in others you only have to pass the exam.
    I undestand that. But it's crazy for me to imagine that you can do your own defense and simply NOT need a lawyer for it o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    I undestand that. But it's crazy for me to imagine that you can do your own defense and simply NOT need a lawyer for it o_O
    Well some people can't afford a good lawyer and trust themselves to give a better defense than some public defender provided by the state. It would be weird, imo, if the state didn't allow the person the right to represent themselves without having to go through a third party.

Now me, I'd probably get the lawyer, because I know the prosecution probably knows all sorts of ways to trip me up within the law that a lawyer would know how to defend against.

Well some people can't afford a good lawyer and trust themselves to give a better defense than some public defender provided by the state. It would be weird, imo, if the state didn't allow the person the right to represent themselves without having to go through a third party.

Now me, I'd probably get the lawyer, because I know the prosecution probably knows all sorts of ways to trip me up within the law that a lawyer would know how to defend against.
    Crazy stuff...

Changing subjects now but, what are cheap cities to live in America? I mean among the big ones, say the ones that have more than 500,000 people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy stuff...

Changing subjects now but, what are cheap cities to live in America? I mean among the big ones, say the ones that have more than 500,000 people?
    Well I guess that depends. What part of town do you want to live in?

Sugarland, a suburb of Houston, has been voted the best suburb in the US to live in several times. It's inexpensive, and you can get a great house in a really nice area there, with plenty of good shopping and such, all within a 30 minute drive to downtown Houston. Suburbs generally aren't my cup of tea, though. I prefer urban areas. I don't like chain restaurants as much as independents, for example.

Well I guess that depends. What part of town do you want to live in?

Sugarland, a suburb of Houston, has been voted the best suburb in the US to live in several times. It's inexpensive, and you can get a great house in a really nice area there, with plenty of good shopping and such, all within a 30 minute drive to downtown Houston. Suburbs generally aren't my cup of tea, though. I prefer urban areas. I don't like chain restaurants as much as independents, for example.
    Urban areas ! Don't like suburbs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not sure, but I don't think Austin is too expensive, and it's a great city with a fantastic urban center. One of the best cities for culture I've seen in the US, after maybe San Francisco. Austin is a relatively small city, which is why it's so strange that it's so well urbanized in parts. Plus, you're within spitting distance of New Braunfels, which is a great place to go tubing down the rivers they have there. The Colorado River (the other one) goes right through the center of town, so there's stuff to do on that, or if you really want to get into water sports, there's Lake Travis right near the city. Also, unlike most of the state, Austin is set right up against hill country, so you get some good sizeable hills to break up the scenery, and some good backcountry forests in the area too. Austin's live music scene is arguably the best in the country, with Austin City Limits and South by Southwest, in addition to the normal live music scene there.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be places like Phoenix, Salt Lake City, maybe Reno or Vegas and probably most of Texas. Arizona and Nevada are the fastest growing states and I think Utah is up there too and Texas, despite it being full of Texans, seems to be one of the few states that has their shit together at the moment economically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    My guess would be places like Phoenix, Salt Lake City, maybe Reno or Vegas and probably most of Texas. Arizona and Nevada are the fastest growing states and I think Utah is up there too and Texas, despite it being full of Texans, seems to be one of the few states that has their shit together at the moment economically.
    Austin is a bit different from most of Texas. It's much more like California culturally.

Probably has something to do with it being a tech center and having a lot of transplants moving there from San Jose, CA. Also probably in part because it's a big college/music town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Austin is a bit different from most of Texas. It's much more like California culturally.

Probably has something to do with it being a tech center and having a lot of transplants moving there from San Jose, CA. Also probably in part because it's a big college/music town.
    Texans don't really bother me, I just like to poke fun at them because they have that stereotype of being almost nationalistic about their state.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Texans don't really bother me, I just like to poke fun at them because they have that stereotype of being almost nationalistic about their state.
    So that's the stereotype for Texans?

Texas reminds me of meat :X

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's the stereotype for Texans?

Texas reminds me of meat :X
    I believe BBQ is the 6th food group in Texas.