10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm more concerned with the abuse of asterisks I'm seeing in sentences all over MMO-Champ. Why do you keep putting them at the end of sentences, then not following them up with additional info later. I am confused :<
    MMO-Champ is all messed up right now. It's adding the asterisks automatically. And Xylo, don't you mean:

"Ca-ca-ca-ca-combo breaker!"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    MMO-Champ is all messed up right now. It's adding the asterisks automatically. And Xylo, don't you mean:

"Ca-ca-ca-ca-combo breaker!"
    Pfffft, whatever man!!! The poo poo puns are over and its time for lunch, smell ya later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I feel pretty much the opposite.

I think W was a good ole boy who wasn't qualified for the office of the presidency. I approved of the invasion of Afghanistan to chase after Bin Laden and to shut down a regime that was blatantly training people to conduct terror attacks on the West. When W started talking about invading Iraq, though, I was rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Iraq was a complete red herring, and one that cost our country an unbelievable amount of money and lives. I think he took the 9/11 thing and ran way too far with it. Guantanamo Bay, waterboarding, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and creating the legal framework to detain people as enemy combatants instead of citizens I think are all things that operate against the ideals that make the USA a great nation. No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D were both horrendous pieces of legislation that did a lot of harm to our country. I also think that his re-election in 2004 was almost entirely predicated on the exploitation of the fear of the American public in the wake of 9/11, which I think is contemptible. Finally, he allowed for the ascendency of the Neo-cons and people like Grover Norquist, who have changed the politics in the US to be so incredibly*dysfunctional*that I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

By contrast, I think Obama has done most of the things he promised to do, and I respect him for that. He ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell, he stopped defending the Defense of Marriage Act, he got our troops out of Iraq on time, he handled Libya with our foreign partners extremely well, he passed Obamacare, which I think is doing a whole lot of really good things, though isn't as much as I would have liked, he passed a few stimuluses, which I'd prefer we hadn't needed, but probably kept the country from going into a depression, and now the economy is in full recovery mode.
    It all just depends on what issues are important to you. That is how Bush>Clinton>Obama for me...

You guys there in the US of A don't pay a lot of taxes do you? I don't mean this in any offensive way, that's far from it, just would like to know if you could compare America with western European Countries, how much in taxes you guys pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, we have really low tax rates. I pay about 20% including Income Tax and Social Security Tax, for example, which is typical of a youngish middle class person I think. The top tax bracket is around 35%, and the rate for capital gains, which is the primary source of income for a lot of rich people is only 15%. People who make under a certain amount pay no taxes at all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You guys there in the US of A don't pay a lot of taxes do you? I don't mean this in any offensive way, that's far from it, just would like to know if you could compare America with western European Countries, how much in taxes you guys pay.
    Actually, I am not sure what my percentage would be - combining state, federal, social security, medicare, etc. But for federal I currently pay a marginal rate of 33%
    State is around 5.9%.

The dollar amount is too shocking (and saddening for me to think about right now).

The problem with Obama is that he wants to raise capital gains (which would cost me money), and income tax (which will obviously cost me a lot of money)- have your health insurance premiums taxed as income (which costs everyone with healthcare at work at lot of money).

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 02:51 PM ----------

Nah, we have really low tax rates. I pay about 20% including Income Tax and Social Security Tax, for example, which is typical of a youngish middle class person I think. The top tax bracket is around 35%, and the rate for capital gains, which is the primary source of income for a lot of rich people is only 15%. People who make under a certain amount pay no taxes at all.
    Only long term capital gains are taxed at 15%. Short term capital gains are taxed at your marginal rate.

Do you guys think we are missing out on something paying our taxes?

To clarify, do you think an average american family(with 2 working adults) can afford more things then your average german/swedish/commie(:P) family?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acewipe View Post
    Actually, I am not sure what my percentage would be - combining state, federal, social security, medicare, etc. But for federal I currently pay a marginal rate of 33%
    State is around 5.9%.

The dollar amount is too shocking (and saddening for me to think about right now).

The problem with Obama is that he wants to raise capital gains (which would cost me money), and income tax (which will obviously cost me a lot of money)- have your health insurance premiums taxed as income (which costs everyone with healthcare at work at lot of money).

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 02:51 PM ----------

Only long term capital gains are taxed at 15%. Short term capital gains are taxed at your marginal rate.
    If your marginal rate is 33%, what's your total rate? If your marginal rate is 33%, you're not paying 33% of your total.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your marginal rate is 33%, what's your total rate? If your marginal rate is 33%, you're not paying 33% of your total.
    I am obviously not paying 33% of total for federal income tax (although with SS and Medicare added I probably am). I would say my total federal tax paid was roughly 22% of my AGI give or take a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acewipe View Post
    I am obviously not paying 33% of total for federal income tax (although with SS and Medicare added I probably am). I would say my total federal tax paid was roughly 22% of my AGI give or take a bit.
    Heh, whew, scared me!

What regions in America are known for making awesome BBQ ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What regions in America are known for making awesome BBQ ?
    All of them?

All of them?
    I mean the most famous one/s :P

No need to name the cities, just like, South/West/North/East.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, then I guess I'd say the South, the West, the North, and the East. Each region kind of has their own way to do barbecue, and they're all pretty damn good. Most of the time, if you ask anyone where the best barbecue is from, they'll quote whatever state they're from.*

Which one do you think is best?

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite barbecue is the stuff I used to do in my backyard in California. I'd go down to a butcher shop in Los Altos, and buy a bunch of premium cuts of meat (steak, chicken, pork ribs, etc.), go out back with an old Weber charcoal grill, and cook it all up with 5-10 friends, and we'd all sit around the deck and just enjoy some of the best barbecue the world has to offer. We'd also grill up some veggies and some potato steaks with it. Too bad I live in an apartment now and can't have a grill.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which one do you think is best?
    Memphis and North Carolina Style are my favs.

mmmm....mcrib....best bbq ever.

Too bad I live in an apartment now and can't have a grill.
    You're not a real American! j/k

I can't have a charcoal grill where I live right now, which is a shame (have nowhere to put it but a wood deck... fire hazard). I like them way more than gas grills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an outside patio area on my apartment in which I can actually grill. *People have thought my building was on fire if you looked at it from the ground because it's not every day you see smoke coming out of a building lol

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 06:29 PM ----------

And wtf, where did that * come from in that last post? *I didn't type that...

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 06:29 PM ----------

WTF It did it again lol