Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Counter-Strike turned me off from ever playing FPS multiplayer. Most vile and unfriendly bulk of gamers I ever seen online. Many of them at the time were clearly children. No thanks.

By comparison, there have only been a handful of matches in LOL where I was annoyed enough to report/ignore. Most of my LOL matches are pretty low on the trash talking. I only report racism and sexual slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    The reason people being pissed if people can't play are that a game in LoL is not like a CS round. A game in LoL can take 50 min and if you are being stuck with badies in 50 min, you are getting mad...
    That's one of the reasons I don't soloQ anymore.
    Hell, most of the times I don't feel like playing LoL cos I WILL be stuck for 50 mins per game.

It's always like this in these games, I've started seeing it in Dota2 aswell... I really hate it :/
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    did you ever play CS competitively in leagues? because it was terrible. Worse in random scrims aswel.
    Yeah, I did. But tbh I was mainly playing in a danish community where people were friendly and if anyone was being a dick they'd pretty much get blacklisted, so yeah.. :P

Had some guy rage in Dominion about how the game was so bad, no wonder it's free. He went like 5/18/11 around that. So when we asked why he was playing such a bad, free game then, he tried reverse it on us to make us rage I guess. Didn't work. I enjoyed reporting him as well as everyone else.

The term "bro" is so overused.

Well Lol is a special case, the community is soo gigantic that the asshattery knows no bounds.

EUNE seems fine, even amazingly good when compared to heroes of newerth.

10+ Year Old Account
    popularity is its own curse too many anonymous internet heroes in one place will definitely slew toward the immature idiotic and egotistical of humanity which, sadly is a large percentage these days. wow is catering to these above all else with its extreme simplistic hold your hand game play and special snowflake incentives and I can see it getting worse and worse so I jumped ship to something more geared toward earning rewards and valuing your fellow player as a vital tool in your survival and more adult atmosphere and thats definately not the latest star wars fad.
    the overall intelligence of any group diminishes rapidly in relation to its size (paraphrased from Aleister Crowley)
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by saynotofear View Post
    popularity is its own curse too many anonymous internet heroes in one place will definitely slew toward the immature idiotic and egotistical of humanity which, sadly is a large percentage these days. wow is catering to these above all else with its extreme simplistic hold your hand game play and special snowflake incentives and I can see it getting worse and worse so I jumped ship to something more geared toward earning rewards and valuing your fellow player as a vital tool in your survival and more adult atmosphere and thats definately not the latest star wars fad.
    the overall intelligence of any group diminishes rapidly in relation to its size (paraphrased from Aleister Crowley)
    Errr...this thread is about League of Legends not WoW.

Now that I am almost at 1000 wins in normal games I have started to notice an increase in the behavior of the players. I didn't even understand that before I started playing some games with my friend on my lvl10 smurf account and damn, there's so much more kids and raging and all that shit on low lvl games. Sure there are still a lot of kids and total idiots in my main games aswell, but somehow when I have started to play regurarly against people with 1000+ wins they just don't rage or start bitching about something so easily anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Counterstrike was like this. Hon/Dota was like this. Heck even the abuse in arena in wow was like this.

Its people on the internet in competitive games.
    Actually I find Hon's community to be much more friendly and forgiving in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    Actually I find Hon's community to be much more friendly and forgiving in general.
    I'm inclined to disagree. During my first few matches in LoL way back when, I did bad and no one gave a shit. Did the same in HoN and had at least 4 different people tell me to uninstall or die by the end of the first day.

Deleted
    I have heard that HoN community is much much worse.. and lol community is not that bad in high elo .. only low elo cus it's filled with people that have no idea what they do and rage on others for it..

Deleted
    The worst thing is when people blame YOU, for THERE shit mistake. god bless i fighted all my way to 1850 elo, what a fucking nightmare.

not as bad as WoW or WC3 DotA

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    The worst thing is when people blame YOU, for THERE shit mistake. god bless i fighted all my way to 1850 elo, what a fucking nightmare.
    Sorry for offtopic, just wanted to ask: how long does it take? We play duo queue with a friend and we get like 6 rating for win :/

I feel that since the introduction of the tribunal after every game if someone is in a bad mood they randomly report you. I've been reported for killing a D/C'd player on the enemy team. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Eleveneleven View Post
    not as bad as WoW or WC3 DotA
    WoW has a much more friendly community than LoL. WoW's community pitfalls consists mostly of alliance/horde animosity. But in general, you will run into bad communities when you indulge in the competitive gaming atmosphere. Think of competitive gaming as dantes inferno, the 9 lvls of hell. LoL's community is probably lvl 7. I say this because LoL is growing ever so popular and attracts more of the competitive crowd. Basically its a joining of trolls. However im certain there are worse communities reserved for lvls 8 and 9.
    Last edited by Ryoten; 2012-02-14 at 10:24 AM.

I agree that playing at night you meet a nicer community, but remember LoL is a teamplay game. So when one person is ruining the game for 4 other persons it is
    frustrating.

If you think LoLs is bad then you should check out HoNs WAY WORSE