Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worst community ever...

I swear, the taunting when the other team is winning, people going 0/7/0 in 10 minutes and blaming their lane partner for not saving them... The racism, harassment, and overall lack of manners of the majority people that play this game is just ridiculous. I just hit level 20 yesterday, and I like the game, but damn, the people are annoying. I try to ignore them but then they intentionally feed, and rage quit. At least 1, if not more idiots in every game, I always report, but that doesn't seem to work... Oh well /rantoff
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

I find the game a lot more enjoyable when i play at night between 1 and 3 AM. Not to offend a certain age group, but by some amazing coincidence it seems that all the ill-mannered summoners disappear at that time from the Fields of Justice as if some greater force pulls them off their PCs.
    Also, Tuesdays to Thursdays are the worst days to be playing because people try out the freeweek champions and usually feed. Friday to Monday are the best days to play LoL.
    Lastly, make use of the ignore function. As soon as you see someone flaming, press TAB and click on the balloon on the far left side next to the name, and you wont read anything from that player again in the game. Let your team know that you ignored him, and advise them to do the same. This will usually make both the flamer and the rest of the team stop insulting each other and focus on the game instead (but not always).

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

These experiences are relatively commonplace. The communities for MOBAs are almost always filled with overzealous assholes. Its just something you get used to after a while.

If you don't want to deal with it, /ignore all is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    I find the game a lot more enjoyable when i play at night between 1 and 3 AM. Not to offend a certain age group, but by some amazing coincidence it seems that all the ill-mannered summoners disappear at that time from the Fields of Justice as if some greater force pulls them off their PCs.
    Also, Tuesdays to Thursdays are the worst days to be playing because people try out the freeweek champions and usually feed. Friday to Monday are the best days to play LoL.
    Lastly, make use of the ignore function. As soon as you see someone flaming, press TAB and click on the balloon on the far left side next to the name, and you wont read anything from that player again in the game. Let your team know that you ignored him, and advise them to do the same. This will usually make both the flamer and the rest of the team stop insulting each other and focus on the game instead (but not always).
    Oddly enough, tho I do play at the late hours, Ive found your time-slots to be switched, the weekends are full of nothing but the underaged (realistically.. or just mentally)

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    To tell you the truth, I've recently quit, rather not play League Of Legends the way it is ( community ) then rage and become a mentally damaged piece of .... you get the idea, bleh gonna miss Shaco and Veigar

Make liberal use of the ignore function and play with friends.

You'll run into jerks in any online game. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Make liberal use of the ignore function and play with friends.

You'll run into jerks in any online game. That's life.
    completly agree. you even run into jerks in real life. but then you could just slap them

Not to sound offensive, but all I get are games full of people who don't speak a lick of English (my primary language). ALL THE TIME. I feel you though, as there always seems to be someone determined to just ruin games for everyone involved. But I play U.S, so maybe there's a difference between servers? 0.o
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Its come to the point for me that i wont play unless i have at least 2 friends queuing with me. That way even when one of the pugs feeds we can still carry. We only play normals not into ranked but i can only imagine how much worse the rage is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Not to sound offensive, but all I get are games full of people who don't speak a lick of English (my primary language). ALL THE TIME. I feel you though, as there always seems to be someone determined to just ruin games for everyone involved. But I play U.S, so maybe there's a difference between servers? 0.o
    Yeah I get those guys too EVERY single game. I wonder why its so popular with non-English speaking folk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Yeah I get those guys too EVERY single game. I wonder why its so popular with non-English speaking folk.
    it's a game, that's maybe why?
    no really though, how much English do you need to know to play LoL?

you need to know what "play" means, that's it.

Deleted
    You have an ignore list for something. Use it. There's not a game that goes by where I don't ignore at least 1 or 2 people really. There are exceptions, but oh so very few.

Deleted
    That's why I always play LoL with friends only. I love LoL, but I just can't deal with all those whiners and ***holes, they completely ruin the experience for me.

Deleted
    Counterstrike was like this. Hon/Dota was like this. Heck even the abuse in arena in wow was like this.

Its people on the internet in competitive games.

Deleted
    I tend to just play with friends, not the entire community is bad. I've made a fair few friends from playing and adds, just a matter of sitting out the storm and ignoring those who are pains. Personally im not gonna let people who spam rubbish annoy me or ruin a gaming experience for me, ill just keep playing and ignore them.

Yea, the community is pretty terrible.
    Try to play with friends instead of soloQ, that's a relief. That's what I do at least. Just chill on vent with your friends and troll the idiots back. Pretty fun.

Deleted
    If you play on EU West, join the channel "The Gentlemen's Club", an excellent channel full of people who're actually mature and wont flame you.

If you're not on EUW, play with friends and use your ignore button and keep reporting them.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Counterstrike was like this. Hon/Dota was like this. Heck even the abuse in arena in wow was like this.

Its people on the internet in competitive games.
    Weird, I never felt CS was like this, ever. And the only thing wrong with Arena in WoW is the pathetic people with no morale whatsoever wintrading, abusing mmr bugs etc etc. (Looking past the obvious balance faults)

Deleted
    did you ever play CS competitively in leagues? because it was terrible. Worse in random scrims aswel.

Deleted
    The reason people being pissed if people can't play are that a game in LoL is not like a CS round. A game in LoL can take 50 min and if you are being stuck with badies in 50 min, you are getting mad...