10+ Year Old Account

Question Troubles with Hit Cap

I'm a Destruction Warlock and I finally got my 4pc tonight but the trouble I'm facing now is hit cap. With the gear I've gotten so far, this was the last thing I expected.

Here's my armory link---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Casby/advanced

Right now if I push all my reforging into hit I still don't hit the cap. My alternate pieces of gear that I have are:

Shoulders - Balespider's Mantle - http://www.wowhead.com/item=71285 (I'd lose my 4pc which I'd rather not do)
    Feet - Janglespur Jackboots - http://www.wowhead.com/item=77234 (No hit on them which is why I've stuck with my Kavan's)
    Main-hand - RF Rathrak, The Poisonous Mind - http://www.wowhead.com/item=78484
    Off-hand - Orb of the Satyrs - http://www.wowhead.com/item=72829
    Two Hander - Sho'Ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation - http://www.wowhead.com/item=71798

Can anybody help me figure out which way I should go? Do I start using my Dagger and One-hand again? Or go to Sho'ravon? Do I re-enchant/gem for hit?
    And why would all the top end gear make it so difficult to hit the hit cap?

Any ideas would be helpful.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

Shoulders aren't reforged.
    Might as well lose your currently equipped staff. It sucks, compared to Hagara's.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny. Our gear is exactly the same. My advice to you (this may be old news) is to grab Lightning Rod. I used this to solve my hit problem. Just throwing that out there. We have about the exact same gear.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Shoulders aren't reforged.
    Might as well lose your currently equipped staff. It sucks, compared to Hagara's.
    While I appreciate it, that's not exactly helpful. And as for the reforging goes, even after reforging, I'm still under cap, hence the question, what can I do about it now. I'll reforge them just so people don't have to comment on it again.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    That's funny. Our gear is exactly the same. My advice to you (this may be old news) is to grab Lightning Rod. I used this to solve my hit problem. Just throwing that out there. We have about the exact same gear.
    Yeah, it seems that Hag's doesn't like giving me gear though. I just got the shoulders tonight and still no Lightning Rod. Any ideas as to which direction I should go using what I've got?
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

Well, you're at 16.19 percent, what some people would consider to be "close enough." With that being said though, lose the staff. It's utter garbage. I'd suggest the Dagger + Offhand as it will do more dps than the staff, as well as let you hit both the hit cap and the maximum haste plateau for destro as well. It's really the best choice for you in any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Well, you're at 16.19 percent, what some people would consider to be "close enough." With that being said though, lose the staff. It's utter garbage. I'd suggest the Dagger + Offhand as it will do more dps than the staff, as well as let you hit both the hit cap and the maximum haste plateau for destro as well. It's really the best choice for you in any situation.
    I feel like that really is my only option at this point. I think I already knew that, but just needed somebody else to say so as well. Thanks. Funny how I was trying to dump the excessive amounts of hit I had at 378 ilvl and how now I'm starving for it.

Deleted
    There's also the option of putting +50 hit on boots rather than haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutuwa View Post
    There's also the option of putting +50 hit on boots rather than haste.
    There is that but the enchant along with all the reforging still wouldn't be enough so I'm not sure about losing even more haste because of the hit I need to maintain. It's an option for sure! So thanks for that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casby View Post
    There is that but the enchant along with all the reforging still wouldn't be enough so I'm not sure about losing even more haste because of the hit I need to maintain. It's an option for sure! So thanks for that!
    You're right, and I noticed that too.
    New suggestion, reroll Draenei!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutuwa View Post
    You're right, and I noticed that too.
    New suggestion, reroll Draenei!
    Ha! UNFAIR! Is Draenei the only race that offers a static stat perk AS WELL as an on use self-heal? Hmmm...

By the way, being so close to 2589 haste, your haste is probably actually worth more than hit until you hit the threshold. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was weighted higher than int. Focus on that before you worry about hit. As others have said, the best way to do so would be to replace your weapon. As for the mean time...with the gear you have, looks like you might need to settle on being just under hit cap until you replace a piece or two of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my Warlock and i am both hitcaped AND at 2681 haste cap for destro

we have almost same gear setup except for ring (you have better) belt and weapon

my advice on weapon Rath + Orb > Lightning rod. while EJ puts Rod as BiS it is only due to secondary stats on it but funny enought the guy that wrote the list is using the dagger himself so dont belive EJ much. From what i gather it is Heroic Lightning rod >= Rathrak > Legendary > Rathrak > Lightning rod > that crappy DW haste staff (it's a BiS for boomkins and mages but its not good for locks)

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    This is my Warlock and i am both hitcaped AND at 2681 haste cap for destro

we have almost same gear setup except for ring (you have better) belt and weapon

my advice on weapon Rath + Orb > Lightning rod. while EJ puts Rod as BiS it is only due to secondary stats on it but funny enought the guy that wrote the list is using the dagger himself so dont belive EJ much. From what i gather it is Heroic Lightning rod >= Rathrak > Legendary > Rathrak > Lightning rod > that crappy DW haste staff (it's a BiS for boomkins and mages but its not good for locks)
    Just a minor correction to your list - the legendary is far and away best in slot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Just a minor correction to your list - the legendary is far and away best in slot
    maybe just the sheer stats and greater int you get from 403 puts them very close to legendary

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    maybe just the sheer stats and greater int you get from 403 puts them very close to legendary
    On the contrary, the legendary is ~2000 dps ahead of any of the heroic weapons, give or take 200 dps. Which is unfortunate for people like myself who were too lazy to get it and don't have the time to set up firelands groups for the next couple months :/

10+ Year Old Account
    from what I see on your current equip, you're over hit cap by 0.18%. I would definitely try to get Lightning Rod from Hagara, then work your hit around that increase, unless you have the ability to get Dragonwrath.

It appears he replaced his weapons to put him both around the hit cap and above the main haste threshold. Good for you OP!

edit:
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-02-10 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the raid finder staff, put the Rath and the orb on.
    go here

http://wowreforge.com/US/Ravenholdt/Casby

set your hit rating>at least>1742 then set your haste rating>at least> 2681

When I did it for you I ended up with 1744 hit, and 2681 haste

Edit: looks like you adjusted while I playing with wowreforge. If you play with it a tiny bit more you can reach the next haste though. so don't give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make your guild do Heroic Hagara like I advised my guild into. We got her right after Heroic Morchok, which opened up access to the Heroic Lightning Rod. It seems that people have already answered your question or i'd of advised using your old weapon setup until then.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the help and opinions folks. I've got myself just over the hit cap and over my main threshold for haste (Goblin 1% helps) so I'll be rolling with this set-up until I do get either the Heroic Lightning Rod or further along on my orange pixels. Maybe even then I'll get some more normal and heroic gear in the process. Sad about the DW weapons lack of secondaries.

Any further ideas would be welcome too!