Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whoa, he must've really wanted that title.

awesome man. didnt read it all yet but i have a quick question.

you mention that hunters are maybe the only class that can solo but i didnt understand exactly why. did you mean because the pet stays on the other plane? if so then why cant other classes with pets do the same? (locks, dks)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations! Very cool

Deleted
    So, so cool. Congrats!

i remember doing him when it was current and how epic it was.....this is srsly more epic, lol congratz man very impressive kill. ill 2nd this being front page news, its better than some bs sub drop nobody cares about in WoW, lol.

/applaud

Freaking awesome.

Thanks everyone once again for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    awesome man. didnt read it all yet but i have a quick question.

you mention that hunters are maybe the only class that can solo but i didnt understand exactly why. did you mean because the pet stays on the other plane? if so then why cant other classes with pets do the same? (locks, dks)
    The Phase Punch debuff throws you in the Black Hole realm at five stacks and gives you a dot for 10 seconds or until you leave it, either by waiting 10 seconds or by Algalon casting Big Bang. The pet, however, cannot go in that realm without me, so it just gets the dot for 10 seconds. A DK or Warlock would have to tank with their pets to accomplish this, while doing about 22.5k dps to beat the enrage timer, and I don't see how that is possible in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well done. I would have thought that the first one to solo this would be a Death Knight - I am glad to have been showed that Hunters can solo non-gimmicky bosses as well. Super congratulations to you sir!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Thanks everyone once again for the nice comments.

The Phase Punch debuff throws you in the Black Hole realm at five stacks and gives you a dot for 10 seconds or until you leave it, either by waiting 10 seconds or by Algalon casting Big Bang. The pet, however, cannot go in that realm without me, so it just gets the dot for 10 seconds. A DK or Warlock would have to tank with their pets to accomplish this, while doing about 22.5k dps to beat the enrage timer, and I don't see how that is possible in this expansion.
    ah alright thanks!

gj again on the kill

I spent nearly two days of doing nothing but Algalon attempts
    Isnt he only able to fight 1hour per reset?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Not anymore. You don't even need a key to open his room.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    No, he was changed a bit back to be unlimited time.

Making it look so simple, while it being such a tricky fight, is the true greatness of the vid, WP op.

Deleted
    This is very impressive, congratulations !

10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice job . And I still see some people fail doing Algalon in a group =P.

Superb. The micromanagement that required would intimidate a grandmasters SC2 player.

Deleted
    Very good job!

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Superb. The micromanagement that required would intimidate a grandmasters SC2 player.
    Haha, I doubt that :P I'm a master level zerg myself but I haven't really played since I started wow again. None of my real life friends play SC2 but plenty play WoW, so SC2 gets boring
    Last edited by Caribald; 2012-02-10 at 10:05 PM.

Very impressive indeed. Congratulations !

Very nice, hope you get that frontpage. Making it look so simple, end was great.