The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Tera online good?

So I visited their website because I have been hearing a lot about it. So I was on their site looking for gameplay videos...there are none. Why would anyone buy a game based off of screenshots and no gameplay examples? Can anyone give me a link or advice on where to find some nice gameplay footage?

Thanks

No.

Wrong forum.

Go to youtube and look.

There are a few very recent beta videos up.

I believe they're still under NDA in beta testing, someone care to confirm/tell me I'm an idiot? NDA is Non-disclosure agreement, which is an agreement to disclose...non-ily, and is the reason you don't see any user generated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carstanan View Post
    I believe they're still under NDA in beta testing, someone care to confirm/tell me I'm an idiot? NDA is Non-disclosure agreement, which is an agreement to disclose...non-ily, and is the reason you don't see any user generated stuff.
    The game is new for europe and NA, but it's not a new game. It's been out for over a year in korea so there's no point to having an NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by strafefaster View Post
    The game is new for europe and NA, but it's not a new game. It's been out for over a year in korea so there's no point to having an NDA.
    There is no NDA for US or Europe. I'm on the US test, its a fun game. Definitely plays different, a slight learning curve with the new systems. If your looking for something a little different, do try to get a beta weekend key or simply preorder it to get into the beta weekends to check it out.

Deleted
    Tera's been up in Korea for quite long afaik, there are a lot of Korean videos on youtube

The combat system you read about on the wiki page for the game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exi...alm_of_Arborea) is nothing but a gimmick and makes an average at best game feel like you're playing a brick.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDeath View Post
    There is no NDA for US or Europe. I'm on the US test, its a fun game. Definitely plays different, a slight learning curve with the new systems. If your looking for something a little different, do try to get a beta weekend key or simply preorder it to get into the beta weekends to check it out.
    You can also just sign up for a free ign prime trial to get a beta key, thats what I did. TBH it plays like a AAA version of Dragon Nest. The graphics and aesthetics impressed me, but nothing else really has. I'm passing on this game and just waiting for GW2, but I'm sure a lot of people will like it just because it doesn't follow the hotkey style combat that every other mmo seems to follow.
    Last edited by strafefaster; 2012-02-11 at 05:39 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    No.

Wrong forum.
    Well then what forum should it be in? The Tera Online forum? Even though there is none?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDeath View Post
    There is no NDA for US or Europe.
    Must be getting my games mixed up, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Well then what forum should it be in? The Tera Online forum? Even though there is none?
    The Video Games forum. The WoW forum is for WoW stuff. The Video Games forum is for everything else.
    ಠ_ಠ

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    The Video Games forum. The WoW forum is for WoW stuff. The Video Games forum is for everything else.
    Then a mod will move it, sorry to bother you with this massive inconvenience.
    Thanks to everyone else who provided relevant info.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like tera so far, but I only managed to get to lvl 14 so far :P, alot of quests, achievements, proffessions and enchanting stuff different ways, you can guild wise try to siege city's ( dont know how that work yet tho ). To kill you need to target the player/mob and incase they move away/aside from you , you'll miss the target ( no auto targetting). I will love to see more of this game, but atm its only a few days from time to time we can betatest.

Closing this. There's already a discussion thread for TERA.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/863135-Tera-Online