Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Then everyone would complain it was too much like Majora's Mask. No one will ever be satisfied.
    There has been 1 majora's mask, there has been 4 ocarina of time's.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Uh yeah, no. If you're talking ports, MM was ported 2 times, possibly 3 if it is remade for 3DS.

What were they?

Deleted
    Who are all these "vets" that think its old and all that? Your friends? Anyway I like it the way it is. I dont see it as the same game over and over as they have different places, castles, puzzles and so on.

If you gonna be like that you can say that they should do something new with all FPS games because they if anything is always the same and MMOs=grind,kill bossses for items. Or FF=kill monsters to gain lvls and save the world.

You can pretty much dumb down every series or whatever so it sounds they have the same shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    What were they?
    Ocarina of time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess. And I guess Skyward Sword only counts as a half since it did do something different.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legend of Zelda is fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    the only thing the zelda series needs is less motion controls, and more original controllers.
    this.

and yeah, doing something other then saving the princess would be cool i guess. though i would pay a whole lot of money to have ocarina of time with todays graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    if its not broken....dont try to fix it is all i have to say. usually when people try to "fix" something that clearly works....it just screws everything up.

Suggesting change to Zelda fans is like poking a bear with a stick, except the bear doesn't have any teeth and can only bitterly complain at you.

Ocarina of time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess. And I guess Skyward Sword only counts as a half since it did do something different.
    So because they are 3d games with a princess they are all OoT remakes?
    It wouldn't really be a legend of Zelda if there is no Zelda. She wasn't even a princess/damsel in distress in SS.
    Unless you mean motion controls? Those are still new.

Are you serious? Man, I'm getting some good laughs in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Are you serious? Man, I'm getting some good laughs in this thread.
    Only partly. No, I do not think they are exactly the same. Yes, I do think they're too close to each other to be enjoyable. I also don't want them to make a copy of Majora's Mask, I do want them to shake things up in a similar manner to what Majora's Mask did. It worked perfectly fine with that one, so I don't understand why people are so afraid of changes to their precious series.

Only partly. No, I do not think they are exactly the same. Yes, I do think they're too close to each other to be enjoyable. I also don't want them to make a copy of Majora's Mask, I do want them to shake things up in a similar manner to what Majora's Mask did. It worked perfectly fine with that one, so I don't understand why people are so afraid of changes to their precious series.
    Skelington never said he was afraid of change. Change isn't needed, and if you're basing that "need to change" off of OoT, WW, and TP being the "same thing" then it seems like you haven't played the games or payed attention during them.

Skyward Sword - For a huge chunk of the game, YOU are following her around blindly, trying to "find" her, while SHE's off doing important stuff.
    Twilight Princess - Zelda wasn't a damsel in distress, she was a fucking badass leader doing what she had to do for her people.
    Windwaker - Zelda was never really in distress. She was a damn pirate, and then she found out her true identity/destiny. So then she decided to hide while you went off and did your thing. Game probably would've been just as good without the "Oh, Tetra is Zelda!" thing going on, but still.
    Majora's Mask - Zelda's not even here in this one.
    Ocarina of Time - Zelda is captured, yes, but you're saving the god damn world and just so happen to save her.
    A Link to the Past - It's been a while since I played this, but as I recall, you save Zelda in the very beginning, then you go on to save a bunch of other people and save the damn world again.
    Link's Adventure - Okay, yeah, this one is entirely about saving Zelda. Literally. No arguing that.
    The Legend of Zelda - Well, you eventually save Zelda, but the purpose is to collect the triforce so that you'd have the collective power to defeat Ganon.

I won't go into detail about the handhelds.

Most Zelda games actually have very little to do with Zelda.

And while I've been a huge fan of Zelda since I was a kid, I won't lie and say that the stories are anything amazing. It's not really what the Zelda games are about.

They're about the adventure and the gameplay. But I wouldn't be entirely opposed to seeing another Zelda game without Zelda in it. One where you're just a dude killing a villain. But meh. Don't really care, I love playing Zelda games, and that's all I really care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington never said he was afraid of change. Change isn't needed, and if you're basing that "need to change" off of OoT, WW, and TP being the "same thing" then it seems like you haven't played the games or payed attention during them.
    I did play the games, but you're right on the paying attention part. I didn't enjoy the games, they just felt too similar story-wise. Like I was playing the same game in a different setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Ocarina of Time - Zelda is captured, yes, but you're saving the god damn world and just so happen to save her.
    Well tbh, she isn't even captured until the very end. People act like the whole entirety of the game is her being captured.

Argh, wait let me get this straight you've just worked this out after playing skyward sword?
    All the GBC games were the same.
    All the N64 games were the same.
    The bulk of the GC games were the same.
    NDS sort of mixed it up.

Have you played Mario lately?

Nintendo grasps onto those rose coloured glasses people wore in the SNES era and just run with it. OUR GAMES SOLD HEAPS THEN WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my Legend of Zelda the way it is. If you don't like how a game is, play a different one.

At it's core, Majora's Mask is another Ocarina. Why? Because it's about going to interesting places, collecting things to help your journey, going through dungeons for an important thing/event at the end, and then saving the world. Very little of The Legend of Zelda has anything to do with actually saving Zelda. The only reason it's so different in your eyes is because Zelda's not there. But it's still the same formula, and it works great.