Should I be pulling more dps as Enhance?

First off, this is my toon : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Falra/advanced

Ok, I read the forums and I see people posting this dps or that dps. I know most of it is crap, but I'm not pulling anything close to it. I know I have to change a few things, like my shoulder enchant, but i'm not exalted yet. And my trinkets are crap. I know. Anyway, in DS, on things like H Ultraxion, I only pull like 31k. Madness is a freakin joke. My dps usually is blah.
    My rotation usually starts with throwing totems down (searing, windfury, healing, and str/agi). I'll start off with a SS, then a FS, Unlease elements, then LL (I was told from this very forum to do UE then LL instead of UE FS). It's a pretty standard rotation I would guess. I make sure I keep my searing totem up, I pop wolves and my engi gloves whenever they are off CD or in certain fights, like Hagra I pop them when she takes more damage. Is there any gearing/enchanting/gemming ideas of how to get more out of my gear? Any suggestions are welcome. My main is a pally tank, but they aren't viable in H DS with my group. I've always raiding on an alt enhance since Kara, not this one, but that was just it. It was an alt, now I have to make this my main raiding toon.

Oh, and here is my worldoflogs from out last H Ultraxion kill.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6qpny...?s=2415&e=2746

Well, a couple things I noticed just from perusing your armory link. You're way over on spell hit and expertise. I'd suggest hitting up http://www.wowreforge.com to get this worked out. With the proper reforging you could end up with a couple hundred more mastery.

Your next valor purchase should probably be a Kiroptyric Sigil to replace that Starcatcher's compass.

Deleted
    We have quite similar gear (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kléx/advanced for reference) and I do around 36k dps on ultraxion (with my few hc tries around the same, although no kill), sometimes less, sometimes a bit more.

I'd recommend that you get the rhyolith normal back, as the valor one is terrible, to say the least. As Delanath said you also want to reduce your hit/expertise levels.

For your spec, reverberation is utter crap for DS raiding, and I'd highly recommend that you switch to the normal 10/31/0 spec (acuity/call of flame/elemental precision maxed, and 2/3 concussion, with 1 point taken out of Improved Shields in the Enhancement tree)
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2012-02-12 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logs:
    You used Greater Fire Elemental. This is a dps loss. Searing Totem is your one and only true love.

At one cast every ten seconds, you should've had 32-33 swings of Lava Lash. You had 28.

At one cast every eight seconds, you should've had 40-41 swings of Stormstrike. You had 33.

Flame Shock uptime should be damn near as possible to 100%. On Ultraxion, there are quite literally zero valid excuses aside from simply failing. You had an 80.3% uptime.

Judging by the amount of Earth Shocks cast (27), you seem to be using it too often. It is 100% the end of your priority. You perform every action you possibly can before resorting to Earth Shock. This includes hurling your boots at the enemy and writing insulting limericks to make it feel bad.

Gear:
    You are way over hit cap and expertise cap. 1639 spell hit rating. 541 expertise rating. This should be your spec. *link* Other than that, I don't care about the rest of your gear.
    Last edited by Paf; 2012-02-12 at 01:11 AM.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Logs:

At one cast every ten seconds, you should've had 32-33 swings of Lava Lash. You had 28.

At one cast every eight seconds, you should've had 40-41 swings of Stormstrike. You had 33.

Judging by the amount of Earth Shocks cast (27), you seem to be using it too often. It is 100% the end of your priority. You perform every action you possibly can before resorting to Earth Shock. This includes hurling your boots at the enemy and writing insulting limericks to make it feel bad.
    With it being Heroic and going into the twilight realm more often, wouldn't my numbers be a little lower on this? For LL and SS? I started using Earth Shock more because in a thread my guildy posted about H Ultraxion last week when we first tried him and were trying to get feedback someone mentioned that I wasn't using it enough, so I worked it in to my rotation a bit more. I'll scale it back some

Deleted
    UE doesn't improve LL damage, use it with FS.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...aklor/advanced this is my char, didn't have the second no kaled (had a 378 ilvl offhand instead) and pulled 37k on ultraxion nhc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    UE doesn't improve LL damage, use it with FS.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...aklor/advanced this is my char, didn't have the second no kaled (had a 378 ilvl offhand instead) and pulled 37k on ultraxion nhc.
    Oh, Christ. How did I miss this? Unleash Flame does not improve the damage of Lava Lash. Whoever told you that it did was a fool.
    mhm? mhm.

40-41k on Ultraxion, as stated above your combat caps are not properly adjusted. Your trinket is still subpar, Starcatcher Compass is horrible Matrix Restablizer is better, DS trinkets you would want Vial of Shadow with Wrath of Unchaining. Horrible cloak choice, guess you still need to run Firelands some more for N/H Dreadfire Cloak.

Rotation wise as others above have stated, always use an instant before phasing in for Heroic Will. Big NO for Fire Elemental, UE then FS ALWAYS unless AOE situation it is UE Nova unless you plan to UE FS LL spread. 1 Tol'vir Pot. No Earth Elemental for little more damage. 28 Lava Lash with only 256 seconds of Searing Flames means 281 seconds uptime, which leaves a 48 seconds space, which would conclude was due to your Fire Elemental, if you had your elemental out less than that time it would mean that you're not dropping searing constantly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agalor View Post
    With it being Heroic and going into the twilight realm more often, wouldn't my numbers be a little lower on this? For LL and SS?
    As enhancement? No. You should be spending about a half second or less in the Twilight Realm as it is, and SS and LL are instant attacks with no cast times that can be interrupted; at worst it comes off CD RIGHT after you go in, and you lose less than half a second before you cast it. It should have no appreciable change in the numbers.

This is less true of caster specs, since interrupting a cast to go into the twilight realm means seconds of lost DPS, but for a melee with almost all instant attacks, it's basically irrelevant. Unless you're heading in with 3-4 seconds to spare every time, in which case, stop that, you're wasting DPS, learn to watch cast timers and know your latency.

I'm more curious as to how you have any current raiding experience without the Exalted shoulder enchant. That's like, basic, as soon as you hit 85 kinda crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    I'm more curious as to how you have any current raiding experience without the Exalted shoulder enchant. That's like, basic, as soon as you hit 85 kinda crap.
    The answer is fairly obvious, and he even went so far as to say it in his OP. People have alts.
    mhm? mhm.

i'm 387 ilvl and i did 33k on ultra without double no kaled(and no landslide on off hand) or vial of shadows so to answer your question yes you are doing less DPS then you should by a lot you could be in the 40ks+ for your gear most likely.

edit:maybe high 30ks not quite 40k since you don't have VoS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    edit:maybe high 30ks not quite 40k since you don't have VoS
    Nice job correctly identifying that Wrath of Unchaining is the superior trinket and that any trinket at all can't have such an impact, Martinez.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Nice job correctly identifying that Wrath of Unchaining is the superior trinket and that any trinket at all can't have such an impact, Martinez.
    ty leveling a hunter so really didn't look through the gear 100% just swapping through forums as i auto shot things

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As enhancement? No. You should be spending about a half second or less in the Twilight Realm as it is, and SS and LL are instant attacks with no cast times that can be interrupted; at worst it comes off CD RIGHT after you go in, and you lose less than half a second before you cast it. It should have no appreciable change in the numbers.
    I did Ultraxion HC yesterday and lost about 1k from normal. I forgot to use my second pot and didn't use my earth elemental because we needed the Stoneskin so I think you should actually be able to do a bit better depending on the amount of fading lights you get. In normal you can get a fading light followed immediately by a hour of twilight which costs you about 7-8 seconds of down time. That doesn't happen on HC.

I found some funnies though. I had to drop my searing totem again about 15 seconds into the fight because I wasn't getting stacks from it. I also had to try about 2 or 3 times to get my first attack off after hour of twilight or fading light. It just doesn't seem to do anything for a second to a second and a half. It's probably my lag which is normally at around 300ms-500ms.