Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP - Blessing of Might?

So a few things:

First if this has already been noticed then please block / disregard

If not then take into account that the current (as of 2/11) MoP talents are not up to date.

Anyway, I noticed that under the paladin's abilities Blessing of Might was changed up to instead of granting mana/AP it gave straight up Mastery...

It looked interesting and I have no idea if it's a bug or intended but I thought I'd share.

I wonder how that would fair as a buff in general- something that increases Mastery? (Since there is no group Expertise / Hit buffs)

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 04:21 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...-calculator#bb!

Forgot to add link to calculator if anyone wanted to check

It's not a bug. They're actually giving a mastery buff to some class/specs.

That's pretty awesome then. Kinda wish Blizz would expand on buffs like other mmo's like EQ. I'd love to see Strength buffs, Agility, and Spirit instead of just Stam and Intellect. I know alchemy covers that already but they could stack or something

There's already a Str/Agi buff
    Spirit buff has been removed in cataclysm (because it would interact with hit chance on hybrid specs and mp5 does pretty much the same anyway)

8 buff categories in MoP (someone correct me if I get this wrong):
    -AP
    -SP
    -Physical haste
    -Spell haste
    -% stats
    -Max health/stam
    -Crit
    -Mastery

All other categories are gone, all buffs will fall into one of those eight (not counting cooldown buffs or personal buffs, obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    8 buff categories in MoP (someone correct me if I get this wrong):
    -AP
    -SP
    -Physical haste
    -Spell haste
    -% stats
    -Max health/stam
    -Crit
    -Mastery

All other categories are gone, all buffs will fall into one of those eight (not counting cooldown buffs or personal buffs, obviously).
    You missed category 9, +Str +Agi, though only Horn of Winter from the DK seems to give that at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    You missed category 9, +Str +Agi, though only Horn of Winter from the DK seems to give that at the moment.
    Shaman totem, and hunter pets can give the buff as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    I thought that was going away; my mistake, and thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    A mastery buff? Ewwwwww.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally blizzard add's in a mastery buff! I know many classes are gonna love this!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Quote Originally Posted by savethetuna View Post
    Finally blizzard add's in a mastery buff! I know many classes are gonna love this!
    All the classes will love it. After Int/Agi/Str buffs, and after crit/haste buffs, and after all other buffs, people will love Mastery. Kind of like the way it works for stats for EVERY spec except Prot Pallies/Warriors who stack it for nearly forever.
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    A mastery buff? Ewwwwww.
    Agreed. A 10% attack power buff is much better, but Warriors just have to have it. In MoP, if you don't have a Warrior in your group, you are fucked. This is worse than homogenization: it's flat-out favoring. Homogenization would be if Battle Shout ALSO gave the attack power buff and they didn't screw with Blessing of Might, which is what they should do, IMO.

Couple things to keep in mind, those calculators haven't really been updated very well and a lot of things could change. Not saying they will but it's possible. Warriors aren't the only ones who bring the AP buff, there's still some others. Either way you'll probably have a warrior in some form in your raid. I guess I could see the complaint for arenas and possibly 10 mans but ultimately as long as I have all the buffs in a raid I don't really care where they are coming from. I think a buff to mastery is cool, and blessing of might is the only buff of its kind too right? Every single spec benefits from mastery, hard to say that about any of the other buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    All the classes will love it. After Int/Agi/Str buffs, and after crit/haste buffs, and after all other buffs, people will love Mastery. Kind of like the way it works for stats for EVERY spec except Prot Pallies/Warriors who stack it for nearly forever.
    You are half right, Warriors with extra mastery is good but for a pally once they hit CTC cap it's worthless.

That's also not necessarily true. For one we don't even know if CTC cap will be possible in mists. Blizzard said they think block tanks were a little too strong but didn't want to change things around completely within an expansion. Also, even if it is possible to CTC cap they'll just cap around like they do right now with any other buff. Tanks don't sit at 102.4 unbuffed, they know and plan for how much avoidance they'll get from buffs within a raid. You can just plan on that 5 mastery and put more reforging/gemming in to other mitigation.

Don't assume what classes bring what buff is finalized.

My money says the Str/Agi buffs will all be AP instead, to prevent exponential scaling (Str/Agi scale off a buff AND +% to all stats, while casters don't get the same?).

The MoP calc is what.... 4 months old now? It's out-dated and incomplete in many areas (like how over half of classes don't have a new spell in the 86-90 range...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Don't assume what classes bring what buff is finalized.

My money says the Str/Agi buffs will all be AP instead, to prevent exponential scaling (Str/Agi scale off a buff AND +% to all stats, while casters don't get the same?).

The MoP calc is what.... 4 months old now? It's out-dated and incomplete in many areas (like how over half of classes don't have a new spell in the 86-90 range...)
    This ^ so so much.

If you look at the calculators you can see they have to idea WTF their doing with paladins yet as almost everything in the tree & skills is just a copy paste of what they already have (while every other class got a ton of new shit)

At least that's what I'm seriously hoping for because if I'm wrong that means they are going to fuck them over again like they did through most of cataclysm. (wouldn't rule this out though given blizzards history with ret & only doing the absolute bare minimum they can get by with).

Hopefully they do allot of changes for the good (implement more better balance mechanics, better offensive tools etc...)& do a great deal to flush out the tool set that ret has because right now compared to other DPS specs it's so anemic that it could use a transfusion. (that's even considering what small changes the spec is getting in the already shown talent calculator)

If they did this ^ & did it right (so that ret isn't so much of an off healer & can hold it's own offensively) I'd be willing to bet a couple toes that they would have a crapload of current & past players very happy with them & maybe even a decent number of former paladins returning to the game after giving up on ret ever being able to be balanced properly.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-02-13 at 12:54 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    You are half right, Warriors with extra mastery is good but for a pally once they hit CTC cap it's worthless.
    I would say he is pretty much backwards when it comes to tanks. DK (and druids maybe too?) stack mastery pretty much forever, at least nobody really has enough in the current tier, many DK run full mastery + 2 stam trinkets. Paladins/warriors typically mastery cap with very little gear from this tier, and most at that point then start stacking stamina as much as they can. Anyways, derailing thread.

I agree though, as a tank I will very much enjoy a mastery buff : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I just with they'd leave might the way it is. It doesnt need a change. I am also worried about them messing with DS again!!! They're putting it back to 4.0 where it takes holy power...i.e making it useless again. I didnt even spec into it then. Ugh.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I just with they'd leave might the way it is. It doesnt need a change. I am also worried about them messing with DS again!!! They're putting it back to 4.0 where it takes holy power...i.e making it useless again. I didnt even spec into it then. Ugh.
    You're wrong. They're making it cost holy power, and you will now stack holy power on aoe pulls with Hammer of the Righteous, which will be given to ret in MoP. (At least that's how it was last time they mentioned it).