Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Guild Wars 2 Census- check it out represent your race!

With all these race and profession polls running around on the forums I though I would take a moment to point everyone in the direction of this little site I found awhile back. Lots of ways to customize charts and such for those interested in predicting the population distribution of launch or a quick way for you hipsters to find that underplayed gem. Check it out. And don't forget to add your character information, the more data the better!

http://gw2census.com/

Not bad, not bad at all.

Cool, now only if I could actually pick a race OR a class nevermind a playstyle. I wanna be a sylvari... thief? No I mean a charr warrior, and by char warrior I obviously mean a human necromancer. I think...

Charr are currently the least popular race? That cant be right....

Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Charr are currently the least popular race? That cant be right....
    Thought the same thing, human is the most popular? Weird, but people probably add tons of random characters, I am sure the stats are very general and FAR from exact.

Still a neat toy though, hopefully they reset all the stats once the game is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put in one for my Mighty Blue Bear.

CHARR REPRESENT! /fistpump

Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Thought the same thing, human is the most popular? Weird, but people probably add tons of random characters, I am sure the stats are very general and FAR from exact.

Still a neat toy though, hopefully they reset all the stats once the game is released.
    Human will usually be at or near the top. It's the 'safe' race.
    But yeah, us charr are the minority.. which seems strange. I expect Sylvari or (possibly) Norn to be the least played race when the game's actually out.

That is a very nice resource.

Though, I did mess up twice in a row before I got it correct on the third time.

Sorry census.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-12 at 05:17 AM.

I lol'd when you show "noob players" under "character professions".
    http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...charprofession

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Human will usually be at or near the top. It's the 'safe' race.
    But yeah, us charr are the minority.. which seems strange. I expect Sylvari or (possibly) Norn to be the least played race when the game's actually out.
    Hmmm, good point about humans, but Norn and Sylvari are probably my two favorite races! Honestly Charr doesn't "wow" me. I will definitely make a Charr alt eventually, but will not have one as a main (as of right now of course). My mind tends to not gravitate towards the "bad ass" races of most MMO's.

Although this info is most likely very skewed, I do kind of like how relatively even profession choices are among teen-adult players is, kind of hope that there isn't an overwhelming abundance of a single class...even though it technically doesn't matter since all classes cover all roles! Fuck I cant wait for this game!
    Last edited by Menkey; 2012-02-12 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of charr and the extremely large amount of mesmers in this disturbs me....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'd play a Charr if they didn't run on all fours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    the extremely large amount of mesmers in this disturbs me....
    Still honeymoon period. People will get over it eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'd play a Charr if they didn't run on all fours
    I think that is what's so awesome about the charr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice indeed

i originally wanted to start as a human ele, atm i kinda hesitate between human and norn, either way my char will have some salad every day (i've heard 5 fruits and vegetables a day was good for health after all)

wow female player really like Asura
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    wow female player really like Asura
    Meh, if watching real life crime TV shows has taught me anything, it's usually a girlfriend/wife that ruins it all, and you really don't need that when striving for world domination.

Deleted
    Nice. I'll be keeping an eye on this census.

Deleted
    I haven't decided between Norn or Human for my main yet, don't think i'll be able to make the decision until im playing the game; currently leaning to a Human though.