Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexo View Post
    Assuming that half the people who said their gender was private are men and the other half are women.
    And assuming all women play female characters (both are false but there's no other option).

There are more men playing female characters than there are women playing female characters.
    You can, according to this site safely assume when you see a female character that it's a guy.
    According to the same site, most of players who filled out the survery describe themselves as hardcore. Can you safely assume that most players you encounter in the game will be hardcore?

It is very doubtful that this poll is representative of the player population. There are a lot more than 13.4% women playing MMOs (a few years ago, Nielsen Ratings, using a representative sample, put the percentage of women playing WoW at 38%).

wow professions are balanced in that, i honestly expect to see 3-4 really popular ones up on the 18-20% range or something like that, but i really didnt expect everything to be in the 10-14% range.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsera View Post
    That's because PvEing is easier, and the world is crowded with casual players.
    I actually find PvP far more easy in this game, so far i've done 1 vs 5 and won 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    According to the same site, most of players who filled out the survery describe themselves as hardcore. Can you safely assume that most players you encounter in the game will be hardcore?

It is very doubtful that this poll is representative of the player population. There are a lot more than 13.4% women playing MMOs (a few years ago, Nielsen Ratings, using a representative sample, put the percentage of women playing WoW at 38%).
    If there is really 38% playing WoW (more than 1 on 3), they hide very well. I kinda doubt this percent tbh.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    Depends what your definition of hardcore is.

It wouldn't surprise me if less females were interested in gw2 with all the misinformation spread by people proclaiming that its a pvp-only game. In my experience the wow pvp community wasn't very female friendly.

This must be old. I remember filling this out before and after filling it out again it says "Oops, you already have a Norn Warrior on this survey"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    If there is really 38% playing WoW (more than 1 on 3), they hide very well. I kinda doubt this percent tbh.
    I'm my experience the less "drunken frat boy" the guild is, the higher the female population tends to be.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    This must be old. I remember filling this out before and after filling it out again it says "Oops, you already have a Norn Warrior on this survey"
    Interesting. Perhaps they finally blocked multiple characters. I wonder if they flushed the data when they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm my experience the less "drunken frat boy" the guild is, the higher the female population tends to be.
    Sure. But more than 1/3 ? Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I threw my info in there. I find do find the profession balance to be quite awesome. I had a feeling Elementalists would be at the top favor. There roughly seems to be about the same amount of people playing whatever profession though. I can see what Mif means by the results being diluted, hopefully the results aren't too skewed though.

Well, pretending the people were honest, Looks like those people who scream everyone is a 12 year old will be wrong 93% of the time. I'm sure there is some debate on what is considered a young adult versus adult as I always suspect, the demographic is older than most people think. Of course, I'm sure all the GW2 players will just say that all the 12 year olds are playing WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    wow, i see there's really nice balance in case of proffesions. Thats mean job well done for ANet.

btw check that PvE , PvP graph. PvPers are, and always will be a vocal minority.
    I will PvP a lot, probably more than I will PvE in the long run, but I will still also PvE. You can't ignore the 57% who voted 'Balanced'.

Plus, these charts are not completely unbiased. Maybe pure PvPers don't roam these sites as much as pure PvEers.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-08-15 at 01:52 PM.

Threads merged.

--Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-15 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for merging these Fencers.

Admin tools snafu. Apologies.

Since BW3 Votes only

Professions - HERE
    Race - HERE

Female Races - HERE
    Male Races - HERE

Female Professions - HERE
    Male Professions - HERE

Noobs Professions - HERE
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2012-08-15 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    Since BW3 Votes only

Professions - HERE
    Race - HERE

Female Races - HERE
    Male Races - HERE

Female Professions - HERE
    Male Professions - HERE

Noobs Professions - HERE
    Oh wow cool, thanks for that!

I saw the race polls posted hereon MMO Champion and was surprised that it was Not Human then Sylvari, as most MMOs it tends to go Human, Elf for the number 1 and 2 played race. It was nice to see that nothing has changed, however, I was shock to see Charr at such a low overall percentage. They seem very popular on this board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is really cool, I already submitted my polls. I'll check back on this before GW2 comes out and a month after GW2 has been released to see if any interesting changes has been made.

Deleted
    Charr is the least chosen race on that census?

Always surprises me, then again I'm always super surprised when my favourite race isn't everyone's favourite race.

Guess I'm just weird.

Also a quote on the comments 'I was going to play charr, then I saw the gameplay and they look like ugly beasts' That's the point D:< Why does everything in video games have to be cute to these people!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    Since BW3 Votes only

Professions - HERE
    That's much different than the results here. Everyone here seems to like warriors and elementalists lol.