Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Except for those that want to experience the fight without outside interference which shared credit does.

Quote Originally Posted by slammer619 View Post
    Except for those that want to experience the fight without outside interference which shared credit does.
    Well, I can understand for scripted story fights, but a lot of instanced missions are of the "kill 12 lackeys, click 5 shinys, and then kill the slightly harder boss mob" variety. I think that's part of the disappointment, as well. When I enter a green door I'm hoping it's some cool scripted fight. It's disappointing when it turns out to be a "kill some mobs and run back to quest hub" mission.

You'd be surprised of how much complaining is coming from the Kotor community, rather than the Wow/SWTOR community.

ut that's not the point. I'm not complaining about companion gathering, I'm pointing out that it's an option to not move out into the world, and option that if it would appear in wow would be flamed to hell and beyond as "Blizzard taking the world out of World of Warcraft", but apparently in SWTOR is fine
    Personally, I love the fact that companions level crafting skills. I have never enjoyed leveling any crafting skills in any MMO I have played as farming mats takes away time from what where I could be doing other stuff instead.

I still go out into the world, finish quests, hunt datacrons , do some world pvp here and there do dailes etc so there are more than enough reasons to go out into the world.

Hell, the fact you can send them out during warzones / Ops / instances is great, multitasking ftw.

I would love this feature in WoW, as I am sure many others would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    If they were to do it based on another companies work, even being star wars, they would have to pay that company royalties.
    That's only if they use the assets that were developed by that other company. They could use the quake 3 engine because it's open source, and they could develop their own version of the game mechanics found in Jedi Academy, and then turn it into an MMO, without any legal repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah because Bioware created the game. They failed to make the Republic attractive to players; and they failed to implement any population control.

You roll empire you get to be james bond, darth vader, the sith emperor or Boba Fett, you roll republic you get to be Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, random soldier dude, random jedi wizard.
    Except many people polled and tested before they even knew what the story was. The simple fact is its not that the Empire is more attractive through any fault of BWs, its that people rather play Empire w/o knowing any of it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vegemeat View Post
    I skipped a majority of the group quests on my way to 50, they are not required so using it as an example of content is pretty silly. It's a quest like any other, it does not constitute more content.
    "I skipped playing in a group, so there is no playing in a group in this game"

Just because you skipped it, doesn't mean it isn't there. You are trying to compare what is there. By your reasoning of "You can skip it" no MMORPG is MMO, because you can skip ALL the MMO while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Personally, I love the fact that companions level crafting skills. I have never enjoyed leveling any crafting skills in any MMO I have played as farming mats takes away time from what where I could be doing other stuff instead.

I still go out into the world, finish quests, hunt datacrons , do some world pvp here and there do dailes etc so there are more than enough reasons to go out into the world.

Hell, the fact you can send them out during warzones / Ops / instances is great, multitasking ftw.

I would love this feature in WoW, as I am sure many others would as well.
    I did like the crafting system, in WoW leveling up certain professions just took too long, and some times it was expensive as well. The multiple skill up points for freshly learned schematics of your current crew skill level was great, it was speeding up the leveling proccess of said skill.
    It's the gathering system I was talking about.

Thanks for reminding me about datacrons tho ...... they were supposed to be a minor stat boosts for those that want to sacrifice their play time to explore worlds. I will skip the fact that they are in sometimes ridiculous places, but if you sum them up ..... they give pretty significant stat boosts. In my case, I gave up looking for datacrons after spending 3 days on a planet ....... Belsavis ? ...... looking for 4 Rakata energy cubes needed for a datacron with a Matrix shard in it, and haven't found one. And I was about halfway trough collecting datacrons.

Anyway, I consider the option to send the companion to sell all the trash items from your inventory to be a great feature, altough there also should be an option to sell selected green items aswell. During questing I've often found myself with bags full of crappy greens that I wanted to sell, but vendor was miles away from my current questing area.

Finally, I would love the crafting system to be in WoW. Maybe not the gathering system, as it would be too much, considering people already whine about the world being dead. But people would still whine about it Blizzard dragging the game down again to the level of "casuals". Atleast Blizzard should update the crafting professions to grant 2-3 skill ups for all orange recipes, not only selected few.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about datacrons tho ...... they were supposed to be a minor stat boosts for those that want to sacrifice their play time to explore worlds. I will skip the fact that they are in sometimes ridiculous places, but if you sum them up ..... they give pretty significant stat boosts. In my case, I gave up looking for datacrons after spending 3 days on a planet ....... Belsavis ? ...... looking for 4 Rakata energy cubes needed for a datacron with a Matrix shard in it, and haven't found one. And I was about halfway trough collecting datacrons.
    The Belsavis one is a pain in the ass, but it has one advantage. You only need one person to have four cubes, and they are tradeable. One of my toons while I was leveling through there, the entire time someone was spamming general that he was buying cubes from people. Eventually after about an hour and a half he managed to get 4, than he said he was opening it up and anyone wanting the datacron could go get it. The other thing about this datacron though, is you don't have to get it. You can get only the crons that are relevant to your class in about 2-3 hours if those are the only ones you go for.

Deleted
    SW:TOR is one of the best MMORPG's I've played in a long time and not just because it's a breath of fresh air from WoW which keeps getting more and more boring. At the moment it's so bad I don't even log in to do world events, mount/pet collecting or leveling alts - I only log in to raid with my guild and that's it.

I have always loved the singleplayer experience from KOTOR and Mass Effect. And I was thrilled when I found out they incorporated the moral choice system and the focus on solo questing with the option to group with others and receive additional rewards into a MMO game set in the star wars universe. I think they have done an amazing job with it, despite what people might think. I have had no problem leveling through the same planet because the unique story line of each class makes it so much more interesting. The excitement of not knowing where the story is going to turn, even though you know how the side quests are going to end, was enough to make me create one of each class that I slowly level all the way. Seeing the planets from multiple perspectives isn't as boring for me as questing in WoW is, where it's just a grind to 85, regardless of what class and race you choose.

And I have never, ever, turned around and said "Oh wow, another kill X of these quest" because SW:TOR focuses on progressing your storyline while still grinding on the side and it's been so major that while I quest, I rarely find myself in the situation that it feels like a grind, something that has to be done, which is amazing, even though I now know Dromund Kaas inside out.

Datacron collecting is something I'm still focused on and while I'm almost done, it gave me the opportunity to enjoy the graphics of the game and the exploration aspect, seeing all the planets locations, nooks and crannies. Some of the planets are much more well done than others, but exploring all the planets and discovering all the locations and codex entries is something I feel WoW needs. A little background information that pops up every now and again, to keep you engaged in the story and understand what's going on. If you like one of my friends got introduced to WoW recently, as in after Cataclysm launched, getting thrown into the WoW universe often leaves you thinking "What on earth is going on, who are these people" or "What does this has to do with anything". At least that's what he told me and was also why he didn't want to keep playing it after he reached level 20 on his trial account. I then tried introducing him to SW:TOR and he's now level 50 and we run hardmode flashpoints on a regular basis.

Bioware has done an amazing job in bringing us a fantastic star wars MMO. SW:TOR is everything I wanted KOTOR 3 to be, but set in a MMO format. And while haters are going to hate, I absolutely love this game to bits, as much as I did with WoW when it was back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    "I skipped playing in a group, so there is no playing in a group in this game"

Just because you skipped it, doesn't mean it isn't there. You are trying to compare what is there. By your reasoning of "You can skip it" no MMORPG is MMO, because you can skip ALL the MMO while leveling.
    You're reaching, I never said there was no playing in a group in this game. Please don't try to twist my words, we were discussing the content available between two games, if you refuse to actually understand the simplicity in what I said, do not respond with hyperbole.

As many others have pointed out in this very thread, a quest is a quest is a quest. Just because it asks you to invite other people to complete it does not make it any different from kill X gather Y, as that is the very thing "heroic" quests ask you to do.
    Last edited by Vegemeat; 2012-02-16 at 07:25 AM.
    Hunter POV Streaming PVE/Arena/RBGS/LFR.
    www.twitch.tv/poorplay
    http://www.own3d.tv/Poorplay
    @obvioustrollz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah because Bioware created the game. They failed to make the Republic attractive to players; and they failed to implement any population control.

You roll empire you get to be james bond, darth vader, the sith emperor or Boba Fett, you roll republic you get to be Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, random soldier dude, random jedi wizard.
    Currently on my server, republic seems to be more populated than the empire, purely because only the "skilled" people roll on republic, thus giving you a better experience. Then again, that's only one side of everything and I can completely understand your logic, although I still prefer to play a Jedi Sage than a Sith Sorcerer. It's up to personal preference, but again, your statement is completely valid and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case on most servers.

This game is a winner , i agree. With the recent announcements also, i dont see me unsubscribe any time soon.
    Cant wait for yearly offers so i can sub and benefit