Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I'll see you in a year when it's still around and playing. People likely said the same thing about warcraft on its release.
    Warhammer is still around. Aion is still around. Of course SWTOR will be around. A sad example of what you must not do with 300 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Warhammer is still around. Aion is still around. Of course SWTOR will be around. A sad example of what you must not do with 300 million dollars
    I don't see how it's a sad example if it is still making a profit - and they said that they need a bare minimum of 500k subs per year to make a profit.

Games don't start off with 10m subs...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    God forbid someone likes something you don't, and then trying to pass your opinion as fact. I personally haven't raided yet but if the flashpoints are any indication then I'm guessing the OPs are fun as well.
    I said something was fact? My opinion is clearly stated and nowhere in my post did I say anything about fact. Stop reading so far into one's comment about the game.
    Hunter POV Streaming PVE/Arena/RBGS/LFR.
    www.twitch.tv/poorplay
    http://www.own3d.tv/Poorplay
    @obvioustrollz

Deleted
    Wish I could say the same. Canceled my subscription after the first free month, went to Paris for a week and decided to resub with fresh enthusiasm. Unfortunately, got really bored past the first chapter of my trooper - the class stories are a small portion and the rest is just a grind. Tried to make other classes but leveling in the same zones again is beyond boring And I was hoping to get see every story.... a shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    right now it lacks some basic things we've been used to in wow, like a lfg system or vaugely laid out way to gear.
    *bashes head in wall continuesly*

Glad to see there are people actualy having fun, I've played since early acces and am still having a blast :P

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that SWtOR is awesome. I understand a lot of people 'miss' LFD but I'm not one of those people. I play with people I know by name, people who's abilities I'm assured of, and never have any of the problems I had with LFD in WoW. I've been 50 for about a month now and I'm not bored. In WoW I would log on to raid then log off and not think about the game until next raid night, but I'm on SwtoR everyday and happy to do so. I'm not, however, bashing WoW. I'll be pack for Pandas without question because WoW is a great game.

And so is SWtOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I stopped at lvl 30, I found the level experience to be too slow and the story wasn't that great either, I felt I was taking a step back when playing swtor after wow, because in swtor you have to manually search for groups, no cross server grouping, money is to easy to earn (well its easy on wow aswell) and very little to do at lvl 50 (have been playing mates characters at 50). Atm I enjoy wow, and I think many others are aswell
    the leveling is anything but slow, 4-5 days play time and your level 50 thats anything but slow and anything faster there would be no point in the leveling process, the story quests are good although not every class gets a great one but mostly are very good depending on what your preferences are, there is more than enough to do at lvl 50, datacron hunting, ops, pvp, codex hunting, pretty much on par with things to do in wow, this game has just started out and there is much more coming in future patches with content being added very quickly.

there is always things to do in TOR, you can say the same about nothing to do in wow as i was a hardcore raider and was completely bored with wow, TOR is a great game and it has plenty of time to develop even better.

Deleted
    I'm not speaking about players interested in PvE, but PvP players like me.

SWTOR simply doesn't offer enough for us. I'm valor 63 and fully BM geared. Doing one of the 3 warzones for the 10000. time isn't fun and enjoying anymore. Ilum got completely destroyed in one patch (I much preferred the 'objective-trading' version where you could get many nice 1v1, 1v2 or 2v2 fights from time to time than the current 50v100 zergs).

And what I also don't like... this year, so many great games are coming out - D3, GW2, WoW:MoP and Tera... but they will most likely all come out around the same time, with Tera being first in early May. So I pretty much have nothing to do until then except play some betas :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just wanted to post and say that im having a ton of fun playing SWTOR right now. I've seen a lot of complaints from people, and I suspect these people are too addicted to other games and they want to drag down people who actually like The Old Republic.
    You were hating on WoW forums for months, even before SWTOR came out. I "suspect" your opinion may be full of shit.

There is no reason to be rude to a fellow forum member. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-13 at 03:49 AM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I am having fun in the game too - but that doesn't mean its fantastic. Terrible design choices, absolutely awful customer support, and lack of effort or thought in many areas of the game caused me to lose a great deal of respect for Bioware, and did nothing to improve my opinion of EA. I enjoy the game a great deal at the moment due to some of the classes being fun and i mean, star wars. But it won't hold me for long - i expect to be subbed for 3/4 months but there is nothing in the game that will hold me long term, and i will be VERY suprised if they bring something out to change that. So far, their general attitude and lack of consideration or effort has not impressed me - i feel bad playing despite enjoying it, because im paying money to people i don't believe deserve it.

Edit : I feel the game needed 3/4 more months of testing and polishing to be worthy of release. Trion for example released their game in a highly polished state and i actually feel bad for not paying them at the moment, as i really feel they do deserve my money for the effort they put into their game.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-02-13 at 12:36 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I'm having an absolute blast playing this game as well. I'm also reasonable and don't expect perfection right at launch like a lot of people do.

I really wanted to get into the trooper. I know I must have been playing it wrong or something, but I would run out of ammo so fast. The resource system took the fun out of it for me, which sucks, because trooper is definitely the most interesting of the non force users to me. Oh well.

Other than that, yeah this game is good. I have no interest in flashpoints or group content of any sort, but the questing is good. My computer lags too much in warzones for me to enjoy that, unfortunately, which means after I level everything I want, I will end up quitting. Too bad, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I really wanted to get into the trooper. I know I must have been playing it wrong or something, but I would run out of ammo so fast. The resource system took the fun out of it for me, which sucks, because trooper is definitely the most interesting of the non force users to me. Oh well.

Other than that, yeah this game is good. I have no interest in flashpoints or group content of any sort, but the questing is good. My computer lags too much in warzones for me to enjoy that, unfortunately, which means after I level everything I want, I will end up quitting. Too bad, really.
    Sithwarrior.com should have some good advice on ammo/heat management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You were hating on WoW forums for months, even before SWTOR came out. I "suspect" your opinion may be full of shit.
    I've hated on WoW because of the direction it has gone since the last great expansion (TBC). Its because of Blizzards neglect, and their change to a casual catering environment that had me hating and still hating on WoW. That is another topic for another forum however, and it is irrelevant to SWTOR, so why bring it up? This thread is to praise a great game that is only getting better. It is to show appreciation for Bioware and how great they are at listening to their fans and making the game a better game as a result.

Why enter a thread just to bash and flame for a persons like of the game? Why not keep your hate to yourself? Or share it in a thread with the other haters. Dont try to pollute a great uplifting thread just to satisfy some unchecked desire to get a rise out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    And we're getting another one in a few weeks.
    A new warzone and dungeons is not really the kinb of content I'm talking about. There won't be any new voiced questlines (which is what the majority of players want from this game) until 2013 since they need to re-hire the actors and it just takes a long time to write long scripts, get it produced, etc... It sounds like the main stars who voice the 16 playable characters won't even be brought back until the expansion, so all the free content will just use the canned lines to cover every situation from your toon. It's just a big corner they painted themselves into.

I have a feeling a lot of posters who are still leveling may change their opinion after they've been 50 for a week or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best leveling experience ever. However, the ghost town republic fleet destroys the end game outside of warzones.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    A new warzone and dungeons is not really the kinb of content I'm talking about. There won't be any new voiced questlines (which is what the majority of players want from this game) until 2013 since they need to re-hire the actors and it just takes a long time to write long scripts, get it produced, etc... It sounds like the main stars who voice the 16 playable characters won't even be brought back until the expansion, so all the free content will just use the canned lines to cover every situation from your toon. It's just a big corner they painted themselves into.
    Actually, you have no clue at all what you are saying.
    They have their voice actors on very long term contracts. They started on the expansion material before the game even launched. The writers were some of the first people "finished", and then they added a bunch of new people to the team and got to work on future things. The voice acting process does not take long like most people seem to believe. There have been things data mined up to 1.5 (4 major patches), so some of this stuff is already in the game files (Spoilers: http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks )

They haven't gotten themselves into any corner, and there is no evidence at all that suggests that. There is plenty that suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2012-02-13 at 07:43 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

It's got it's positive and negative sides, I mostly only pvp and planning to level an alt a bit later on maybe.

Having so much fun at end game.