10+ Year Old Account

GAME.co.uk downloads

Hi guys, with the upcoming release of Mass effect 3 I wanted to play ME2 again (had it before but lost it a while ago) The cheapest I found it was on GAME.co.uk (8.99) via direct download. I just wanted to know if this service was reliable and whether you get a CD key so I could input it on steam and have easier access to it in the future.

I know not many people will have ever used this as it is only a UK thing, and even then hardly anyone I know uses it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game.co.uk is a reliable place, ME3 won't appear/be sold on/redeemable/playable on Steam (Unless you use the non-steam game feature), IIRC it can only be launched via Origin.

Also I believe there is a Mass Effect 3 Megathread, you should stick to that =)
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-02-13 at 04:21 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    No, it is not reliable and I would tell you to stay well clear.

I tried buying a game once (can't remember what it was exactly) and ended up waiting 2 days with them "processing the payment" before asking for a refund.

I thought it would be reliable since it was on the Game website, but apparently not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Game.co.uk is a reliable place, ME3 won't appear/be sold on/redeemable/playable on Steam (Unless you use the non-steam game feature), IIRC it can only be launched via Origin.

Also I believe there is a Mass Effect 3 Megathread, you should stick to that =)
    This was about ME2 :P But I get your point.

Deleted
    I've tired to download two games from there game.co.uk before and I would never do it again.

Both times, I got charged for the game but still a week later hadn't received any key or game download. Ringing heir support is a pain aswell, they charge you per a minute which makes it even worse.

I say stay well clear of them, it's the worse download site I've had to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I've tired to download two games from there game.co.uk before and I would never do it again.

Both times, I got charged for the game but still a week later hadn't received any key or game download. Ringing heir support is a pain aswell, they charge you per a minute which makes it even worse.

I say stay well clear of them, it's the worse download site I've had to deal with.
    Yeh after looking around I found that Direct2Drive has ME2 for £9.99, so I bought it from there today. I didn't have much luck with that though, took them about 10hrs to process my order. I am never leaving Steam again, even if it is higher priced.

Deleted
    Why does UK sites/customer service always seem to be pretty terrible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Why does UK sites/customer service always seem to be pretty terrible?
    What are you talking about?

Greenmangaming.co.uk
    DinoPC.com
    Dabs.com
    Ebuyer.com

All good customer service
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Ringing heir support is a pain aswell, they charge you per a minute which makes it even worse.
    Wow. I can't think of any help service I've ever called that charged per minute...

That's some grade A bullshit right there.