Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    nice vid, can't help but to feel envious of them for working for such a company on such projects when i see how passionate they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Look up the ArenaNet Retrospective Video and just look at how they do their job. Amazing, simply amazing.
    that's the kind of vid i'd love to see on some making-of bonus included in the CE box.
    i'd spend hours watching how gw2 evolved from scratch to that very game we're all waiting to play here.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game cannot be anything other than Awesome, it will blow our minds and i cant fire trucking wait!

Oh dear god, when does it ever stop.
    I have yet to face a day in which I don't feel like killing a puppie if it doesn't release right then and there...

I cannot WAIT for this game.

I've seen quite a number of videos on Guild Wars 2, and recently also caught up with the ArenaNet Retrospective video that some have linked in this thread.

People I know, and I myself used to say another big name MMO producer was "great" and they "listened to their fans" and "cared". Then they merged with another company called Activision, and, in my eyes and the eyes of many others I know lost their way, perhaps became too big and too successful for their own good.

This video, and many recent articles I have read, shows me the "true colours" of all the folk at ArenaNet - they wear their hearts on their sleeves. I do not recall hearing this sort of passion and unbridled enthusiasm from any other company about any other game they're working on, and kudos to the entire team at Arena for being so passionate, so determined to make this the best that it can be.

It is most surely not for you to thank your fans - it is for us, the players, to thank you for conceiving, designing, and building what promises to be such an incredible game. It truly will be both an honour, and pleasure to play this upon release.

Finally managed to watch this. Guys.....PLZ STOP posting awesome youtube vids while I'm at work and can't access youtube!! Damn you stupid China Greatfirewall (not putting my vpn on work pc ) ...reading you all talk about an awesome vid is heart wrenching when I'm stuck at work lol.

Anyways, awesome stuff from them yet again. What on earth else are wartower holding onto? o.0 I really hope we get dvds full of this stuff in the CE. 1 dvd for each aspect of design...with them all there on the verge of tears talking about how much they love this game.
    If Colin and Ree were to have a baby...it would be called God, and would kneel before the majesty of their universe.
    damn......gief this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very refreshing to see the absolute joy and fun they are having creating the game as well as the fact they also really enjoy playing it. I am a firm believer that the best developer is one that actually continues to play the game after it is released and it sounds like the majority of them intend to do just that! Good Video, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    on that note you might want to WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    One of the best quotes from that video is:

"In General, we wanna be a company of gamers and we wanna be our own audience we wanna make the games we love. We know they're gonna be great because we love them."

I can't even tell you how much this reassures me about they're future games, not just GW2 and its xpacs but future titles as well. With a company full of compassionate gamers, this tells me that they'll actually know where their fans are coming from and will understand what they want and don't want alot better than your typical video game company. All i'm hoping for is once they get the opportunity to expand as a company they won't lose this compassion and drive for excellence for their work like that other company I won't even mention.

Awesome video, the developers are so passionate about their game, so nice to see

"I can be like, a badass Charr"
    <3 Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That is the worst part

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    That is the worst part

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/yFdzR.gif
    I am so sick of that damn gif. I think it should be banned from the internet entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I am so sick of that damn gif. I think it should be banned from the internet entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Mif , i like your defiance

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of GW2: Launching cows at Ratass Soooom.

I swear, that French Community Manager has one of the best voices of all time.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

It looks amazing. The developers have put their soul into this game, you can clearly see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    on that note you might want to WATCH THIS VIDEO!

Thanks for sharing, I had shivers while watching this.

This game will be amazing, I really hope the community will not be spoiled trolls like in WoW. I always had the feeling that constant complaining killed the relation between community managers and fans. Sure, feedback is useful, but I can only imagine how constant negativity can burn out someone.

Arena Net have my respect, I will definitely play Guild Wars 2 like a maniac. The art! oh my...

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess my new goal in life is, after I'm done with collage, to work for Arenanet.

Seriously, that kind of atmosphere is the dream for an upcoming game developer that is passionate about their work.