Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Come on guys... This is so obvious? Earliest april fool attempt? *yah we know it's a month and half to go*

I am surprised at the the negativity on this! Or well maybe no, this is MMO-Champ forums after all >.>

Its nice that people make up their own challenges when Blizzard seems to be lacking in giving them.
    Best of luck to all of you who participate in this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it looks rather cool, I might give it a try.
    Back in Diablo2 I had a HC char around lvl70 which was owned by a randon DC, hopefully it'll work better this time
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    First off, I never heard of this "Growing Ironman Community" that blizzard is talking about.

Secondly, I've got a feeling that what that post is REALLY doing is they're field-testing an idea to see if people will actually bite at the concept. Then, while monitoring it to see if enough people go for it - they'll start working on implementing some funky mode/dungeon/rewards (think D3's Nightmare mode).

Or it could simply be an attempt to bring back/encourage new funky community ideas. :P

Me? I'm much happier sticking to my casual play on my 1 toon I've had since Vanilla. But Altaholics? Knock yourself out! ^_^
    You never heard of it? O_O Its been around for a while. If you go to the official forums, you can often find a thread about in the "popular topics" tab on the main page. And I think people have been trying this for over a year. When I saw the recent blue post about it I wasn't really surprised because I had heard about it around the end of Wotlk or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. What was that blue post about?

Do you get "Ironman" title after leveling this way? I see no reason to do it otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    I don't get it. What was that blue post about?

Do you get "Ironman" title after leveling this way? I see no reason to do it otherwise.
    Its suppose to be a fun challenge. No rewards involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkkan View Post
    HAHA fun? Those people having fun leveling a toon with those stupid rules, must be a bit weird. I don´t see any fun at all in this. Well "Live and let Live" I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkkan View Post
    Ah, so its like those wierdos who log in 40 minutes before raid to run all the way from orgrimar to dragon soul by feet without using mount?

First rule: Roll Class / Race.....So you just can't pick hunter. For instance i rolled Warrior (who is imo one of the worst solo classes in WoW...it's challange like this)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    HAHA fun? Those people having fun leveling a toon with those stupid rules, must be a bit weird. I don´t see any fun at all in this. Well "Live and let Live" I would say.
    Because fully heirloomed toons onehitting every mob is so much fun right? I recently leveled a mage, and for the first 30 levels (which took about an IRL day) I haven't seen a mob that took more than one fireball. It was so much fun, that I had to watch some TV show simultaniously to avoid falling asleep.
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

All those who think that this is hard... Haha !

We have been doing ironmans since 2009. We had various chars at max level with various different restrictions. We even had a naked warrior without weapons at lvl 80 back in Wotlk. For a diablo2 hardcore player, it's a piece of cake.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is dreadful as it is anyway, why would you make it last 10 times longer and harder? Hard is not even the right word for this. Annoying and pointless is a better approximation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Leveling is dreadful as it is anyway, why would you make it last 10 times longer and harder? Hard is not even the right word for this. Annoying and pointless is a better approximation.
    Yeah that´s absolutelly true. Leveling is faceroll and the only thing you do with this Ironman Challenge is to make it more annoying and tedious and absolutelly pointless.

Leveling is annoying as hell, with heirlooms and without heirlooms. The No-Dieing part is the worst because I have died hundreds of times because of lag and DCs.

Well GL to all those guys thinking they are hardcore with this challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I think that some restrictions, like not using talents and skills is pretty stupid, I'd love to level a character without deaths.
    But I'm not going to do this until I will be rewarded with "Destroyer" title for doing this.

If you want something HARD - kill Deathwing without zone debuf in 391 gear, just like world's best raiders did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah that´s absolutelly true. Leveling is faceroll and the only thing you do with this Ironman Challenge is to make it more annoying and tedious and absolutelly pointless.

Leveling is annoying as hell, with heirlooms and without heirlooms. The No-Dieing part is the worst because I have died hundreds of times because of lag and DCs.

Well GL to all those guys thinking they are hardcore with this challenge.
    ....No one thinks they are hardcore doing this challenge.
    If you actually get onto the guild everyone is just having fun, talking to one another, supporting each other, yelling RIP when another player dies.
    It's all for fun, all because its not fun to you...doesn't mean its not fun for everyone.

Blizz manager guy: Hey, lets put something new in before MoP, more challenging stuff you know, for the WoW community.

Blizz team leader guy : Yeah but I don't have any more ressource to put on WoW project, everyone is working on D3, I just have this only cheap junior guy remodeling old game content

Blizz manager: Ok then, Ill ask the guy who came up with 4.1 ZA/ZG stuff idea, I bet he will have somthing great to put in the game with no cost, no expense, no remodeling not even a single penny cost to keep people busy for a year

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Blizz manager guy: Hey, lets put something new in before MoP, more challenging stuff you know, for the WoW community.

Blizz team leader guy : Yeah but I don't have any more ressource to put on WoW project, everyone is working on D3, I just have this only cheap junior guy remodeling old game content

Blizz manager: Ok then, Ill ask the guy who came up with 4.1 ZA/ZG stuff idea, I bet he will have somthing great to put in the game with no cost, no expense, no remodeling not even a single penny cost to keep people busy for a year
    Hahaha nice! Oh... wait a second....... you're serious, aren't you?

My mind is full of fuck for how you could even form such a thought. Community created challenge (not even a remotely new one, at that) starts to gain some interest/momentum and gets an official endorsement = Blizzard created "new" content that isn't even content in the form of a pointless challenge with no reward! There's a point where hating Blizzard for the sake of hating just becomes ridiculous -- you're clearly way past that point. Time to find a new hobby bro.

Why would anyone do a challenge like this when there is no way to consistently check if people are cheating the system of rules in place?

Cause we all hope everyone is good sportsman? Have you seen how people post on the forums and how they play the game and the general attitude of people when they get in game.

With no checks and balances for the actual Ironman restrictions whats the point?

Deleted
    it isnt hard to do tbh, done it on my priest in holy no pvp gear at all

but im not sure what other classes are good for it, maybe a hunter, a rogue or a druid using stealth and then dash out
    Last edited by mmocf87b51648a; 2012-02-13 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like what Gutrot did, only he did it naked with just trinkets, bling and an offhand