Poll: How many new games in the average year?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How many games do you buy per year?

Just a simple poll question, how many games do you buy in the average year?

After having purchased a number of new video games this past couple of months, it got me thinking: How many games does the average MMOChampion user buy or expect to buy per year?

(Poll Coming Soon)

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably purchase 4 or less; I am the type of person who enjoys finishing a game 100%, doing everything and anything! I love games where I can 'nerd out' in RP mode or explore (like Fallout or Skyrim). Fallout, I still play and have over 200 hours in it. So far this year I have 3 new games; any more than this would quite possibly be a waste.

I have some friends who buy several a MONTH, lol. But they do game reviews so it makes sense. c:

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Dozens, thanks to services like Steam. My gaming library has gotten 100 games during two years now.

As for new games, fewer and fewer every year because publishers are hell bent on criminalizing the customer and producing weaker and overall less content over the years and pushing more on DLC department as a filler for bare bone offered.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    9+ easily. Good game stop deals (pre-owned buy 2 get 1 free), everytime that goes on, get some good cheap games. Steam as well. But new, $59.99 dollar games, around 2-3 a year, I can wait for others to go cheaper that I want, only buy the ones that i really really really want, like this year, Mass Effect 3, GTA V, and Guild Wars 2.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-02-13 at 05:05 AM.

I probably average a game every 2 months or so. So about 6 per year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Feb. Of Last Year, I have bought:

DA2
    Batman: Arkham City
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    (I bought a wii)
    Skyrim
    Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning.

So 6.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Around 4

Last year:

Skyrim
    SC2
    Pokemon Black
    Minecraft

It really depends. Last year I got;
    Kirby Mass Attack
    Pokemon White
    Kirby Return to Dreamland
    Skyward Sword
    Skyrim
    Mario Kart 7
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns
    Rift
    Mario 3DS
    Rune Factory Tides of Destiny
    Sims 3 Pets
    Pokemon Rumble Blast
    OOT 3DS

Uh I think that's it. Last year was a good year for gaming, doubt I'll get as much this year. :S

Oh shit.. and all those ambassador games I got from 3DS... yeah.. don't feel like counting them out.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-02-13 at 03:36 AM.

Varies radically.

In about 2 months last year, I bought 7. The year prior I bought only Cataclysm. The year before that I bought 1 or 2.

Really depends if there's something that catches my eye.

I watch what I see mentioned in my guild, on the mmo-champ frontpage & occasionally on steam ads, then I go and buy it. Preferably electronically from the distributor, or Steam, or when Steam has boosted its prices for Australians on that game (+$10-$40 is pretty common) then I buy it from a store (cos I would prefer a box anyway & stuff paying absurd Australian retail prices on a digital product).
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2012-02-13 at 03:45 AM.

Way over 9. >.>

I usually only buy multiplayer games or just play free 2 play so those last me quite a long time. If i buy any games its usually 2 or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually 9+ but half of those are usually just 10$ indie games.
    I only buy the big expensive ones if they are good;
    This year; FF13-2, Mass Effect 3, Reckoning, GTA5 and Guild Wars.
    Also I buy about 30$ worth of iOS games each year, but they are from vouchers for birthday/christmas.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Around 3-5 games/year. Though i download 20+games and try them out, If they are not completely useless i go down the store and buy them .

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot since Steam has a lot of great sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only games I actually buy are the cheap ones from indie devs on steam when they're on sale.

I'd say 9+. It varies depending on how many good games come out in that year, and how much money I have to spend on them.

I buy quite a few older games or indie games too, so it's not just new games. I usually get a couple of games for my birthday/Christmas as well.

Depends on the year. Usually about 9+.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 370 games on Steam now, bought around 40 PopCap games on some Steam bundle, including those I think it's around 150 games, 70-110 of them being WINdie titles.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Couldn't tell you. I don't recall the last game I bought myself. Perhaps 1-2 I guess.

MK7
    Skyrim
    Skyward Sword
    L4D2

Minecraft
    Starcraft II
    Cata

I'd ~3-4/year ever since my blunder with Cata and Skyrim I find myself more cautious when choosing what kind of games I want.

Though this year I'll probably be picking up more than before.