Thread: Bear stat's?

Deleted

Bear stat's?

have found myself divulging in a craving to bear tank recently, i have scoured the internet and EJ for stickies and the like even on this site.
    the one thing i find confusing is the stamina vs. agi debating, what the benefit's of each method of gemming/gearing?

Deleted
    i gem, enchant and flask , agi for liek 90% of fights, not only for dodge , but for crit and ap , which increase dmg but also increas SD proc, so even more metigation , i swap out my dodge trinket for madness though so i have 2 stam trinkets and use a stam flask

When deciding what kind of gear (agi or sta) is better you must look at the content you're doing. Stamina is probably the stat to prioritize when:
    A - You're fighting bosses which deal most of their damage as magical damage or
    B - Your amount of hit points is relatively low compared to how hard the boss hit. For example if you're fighting a heroic boss.
    Agility is theoretically the best stat, but in practice stamina may be the better stat as it tends to make you easier to heal when you tank hard hitting bosses.

This is what I recommend.

1. Gem agility and tank
    2. If you are not facing survival issues then you are fine
    3. If you are facing survival issues, make sure you are using CDs properly
    4. If you are still facing survival issues, ask your healers if it's because (a) they are sleeping, (b) they are running out of mana, (c) they get distracted by DPS standing in fire, (d) Your hp is dropping too fast
    If the answer is
    (a) Tell them to wake up
    (b) You are undergeared for the content - get more healers or tell healers to heal more efficiently
    (c) Tell DPS to get out of fire
    (d) Regem to stamina

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I'm able to tank everything but madness in 25man heroic in full cat gear with full cat chants and reforging.
    Yes I tank everything with haste reforge.
    You know, when you have full 410-416 gear you have more armor, agi and stamina than you ever had in 391 gear with "right" dodge reforge/chants/meta etc. Healers got even better gear, huge amount of haste to heal you faster, huge amount of crit to heal you for more and huge amount of mastery to put better shields on you. Also they have unlimited mana, so they don't really care how much damage you take. Boss hits for 5% less - including aoe and magic damage. It means 5% less damage to raid as well, so they have time to heal you.

Basically it does not matter any more what do you gem to. Gem agility and reforge mastery if you run 10man.
    10% debuf is coming really soon, I think there will be no survival issues with 10% nerf.

Obviously if you just started raiding and have ~380 gear, be sure that you have some healthy amount of HP. At least 200 if you do normal and at least 220 if you run heroic 10mans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just do whatever you like. There has been 1 thread per week on this subject and none of them will get you to any conclusion.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Having walked both paths (agi vs stam) just so I could get a first hand experience of how each side stacks up all the advice I can offer is to do the same and try both. Come to your own conclusion because in the end unless you're doing bleeding edge heroic progression either is perfectly fine.

If the character is a 2nd or 3rd alt or something you'll find going stamina will be a lot cheaper as Solid gems are extremely inexpensive whereas Agility gemming can cost you an arm and a leg.

Personally, I'm stamina right now, I find it amusing seeing 330k+ hp in randoms with the 15% buff and still rocking 38% dodge and even 250k+ hp during raids. Healers never squeaked either way but then again I have the pleasure of having amazing healers in my team but I digress.

TL;DR, TRY BOTH! .