Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Considering the original Sunwell loading screen had the WotLK logo it's pretty likely we were actually supposed to see that version of Sunwell in Wrath and it just got pushed to TBC since they needed something to fill the gap between expansions. Would of fit pretty well considering Kil'jaeden is who made the Lich King.

Whoa... I didn't know these things. Pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    A: Our initial plan for this raid tier was to have fewer bosses in Firelands and a small number of bosses in the Abyssal Maw. As we looked more closely at Firelands, though, we realized that it deserved more bosses. We also got excited about designing item art (and set bonuses!) that were very fiery in nature, and the Molten Front questing area was turning out to be really cool, so we ended up piling more resources into Firelands. That led to the decision to focus on one strong theme (fire), rather than a more diluted fire-and-water theme.

The case for Abyssal Maw pitch was that we could reuse a lot of existing assets (the fights were to take place in a giant shelled demigod like Nespirah), and while we are willing to do that, we thought Abyssal Maw would just pale in comparison to the magnificence of the Firelands. So, we put all of our eggs into that one basket. We’ve decided for now that the Vashj’ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story.
    Notice how if you Ctrl - F and type "Raid", nothing comes up in that post besides "raid tier"? The post gives an impression that it might be a raid and that is it, but unless they actually said at one point, directly, that really doesn't stand against the blizzcon announcements where they say 5 man.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_(instance)

Player Limit: 5. No mention of a raid. If there was sufficient evidence that it was meant to be a raid, surely it would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post

I'm pretty calm. It's been stated and restated by both blizzard and peeps in this thread that it WAS supposed to be a raid. The end! No one cares about when it mentions a 5 man as it is a 5 man and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............
    It has not ever been stated by blizzard. How about you get your facts straight before saying I have no clue what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1NJTbr3HEoM

7:05 onwards

http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...onListCata.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sOFGy.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbYY...eature=related

13:00 onwards

"We always want to introduce a 5 man dungeon with the raid" on the Abyssal Maw slide.

Please, post where blizzard directly said that there would be an Abyssal Maw raid, so you can prove that I have no idea what I am talking about.

The end!?
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-02-15 at 09:38 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
    If that was done on a live realm, I want to know how you made the view wireframe. That would be a HUGE advantage in PVP if you could do that.
    WoW Machinima Tools, when it was still usable

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Notice how if you Ctrl - F and type "Raid", nothing comes up in that post? The post gives an impression that it might be a raid and that is it, but unless they actually said at one point, directly, that really doesn't stand against the blizzcon announcements where they say 5 man.
    My god the mental acrobatics some people go through... It is 100% clear from the blue post that they intended Abyssal Maw to be a raid instance. That sentence makes no sense if you try to parse it thinking Abyssal Maw was a 5 man.

For the love of god, Why did we not get this? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    My god the mental acrobatics some people go through... It is 100% clear from the blue post that they intended Abyssal Maw to be a raid instance. That sentence makes no sense if you try to parse it thinking Abyssal Maw was a 5 man.
    They could be saying they were originally going to work on Firelands and Abyssal Maw, but they dropped the 5 man to focus on Firelands. Besides, at 2009 blizzcon it was a 5 man, at 2010 blizzcon, right before cata release, it was a 5 man. They never call it a raid. The post vaguely implies it is a raid, it is ludicrous to say that it is absolute proof that Abyssal Maw was a raid. Unless blizzard actually referred to Abyssal Maw as a raid, it can be said with absolute certainty that it was a 5 man.

Also, if they did mean in that sentence that Abyssal Maw was going to be a raid, it was probably real early in Cataclysm's development. It was a 5 man at announcement, it was a 5 man at preview. There is no reason for people to start saying "the abandoned raid" "omg why didnt we get this raid". It was not going to be one.
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-02-15 at 09:33 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.

The post vaguely implies it is a raid, it is ludicrous to say that it is absolute proof that Abyssal Maw was a raid. Unless blizzard actually referred to Abyssal Maw as a raid, it can be said with absolute certainty that it was a 5 man.
    They did refer to it as a raid, it's right there in the blue post!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    They did refer to it as a raid, it's right there in the blue post!
    "Initial Plans" most likely means the earliest stages of cata development. By the time Cataclysm was announced, it was a 5 man.
    Stulti se laudant.

Deleted
    Notice how if you Ctrl - F and type "Raid", nothing comes up in that post besides "raid tier"? The post gives an impression that it might be a raid and that is it, but unless they actually said at one point, directly, that really doesn't stand against the blizzcon announcements where they say 5 man.
    It's a pretty key sentence.

"Our initial plan for this raid tier was to have fewer bosses in Firelands and a small number of bosses in the Abyssal Maw."

Rather like the T11 raid tier had some bosses in BWD, some bosses in BoT, and some in ToFW. They did indicate at some point in the past that they wanted to do more parallel raid instances, cf: SSC/TK.

Also, from the Dungeon and Raids panel at Blizzcon:
    What happened to Abyssal Maw?
    "It was a raid we wanted to do. It was going to fit into Vash'jir. It ended up that it didn't fit; nothing was wrong, it just ended up not really fitting and getting replaced. All of it is gone--it was just concept art. We will probably not revisit it."
    I'd say that was pretty conclusive, wouldn't you?

Deleted
    IMO Blizzard hit the wrong direction with that "only Fire and not Fire-Water" thing!

I would have really loved the possibility to switch between two different raids even if there were a less number of Bosses within. One the one hand, fighting Ragnaros for the safety of Hyjal and on the other, trying to rescue Neptulon for getting a new alli to fight Deathwing or just get rid of the Faceless in Vashj' ir that could have felt more dramatic.

When I look back at the time raiding Firelands it felt more like a Weekend-Tour to visit the peacefull and calm Firelands, they didn't felt like" FIRE, FIRE, DESTRUCTION, DOOM, BY FIRE BE PURGED ".

Ok maybe that does not count for Alysrazar, that Fire-Hurrican-Thing was awesome

Deleted
    There will not be any filler so this dungeon will be lost for ever

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahan View Post
    There will not be any filler so this dungeon will be lost for ever
    Not forever, Just shelved. I'm sure it will have a future in time

15+ Year Old Account

Please, post where blizzard directly said that there would be an Abyssal Maw raid, so you can prove that I have no idea what I am talking about.

The end!?
    ...You don't even bother reading what you type, do you?

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Not forever, Just shelved. I'm sure it will have a future in time
    Umm...

All of it is gone--it was just concept art. We will probably not revisit it.
    That sounds fairly permanent, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    If that was done on a live realm, I want to know how you made the view wireframe. That would be a HUGE advantage in PVP if you could do that.
    WoW Machinima Tools, when it was still usable
    And people wanting to use it to get advantage in PvP is a perfect example of why it's not usable anymore.
    Far too much stuff have been prevented because people was exploiting it, anyone wondering why explorers tend to skip answering questions like "how did you get there"? Anybody remembers people wallwalking on the back of the WSG flag room or sniping on melees from unreachable positions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Posting in yet another Special Olympics thread!

Whether Abyssal Maw was supposed to be a 5man or a 10/25man raid, the only "promise" that was broken was that we'd actually have some worthy content in the place. Blizzard even explicitly said that they scrapped the idea altogether for Firelands (so don't tell me "lolzThroneofTide").

Stop arguing over semantics and what you *believe* Blizzard intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    And people wanting to use it to get advantage in PvP is a perfect example of why it's not usable anymore.
    Far too much stuff have been prevented because people was exploiting it, anyone wondering why explorers tend to skip answering questions like "how did you get there"? Anybody remembers people wallwalking on the back of the WSG flag room or sniping on melees from unreachable positions?
    Before saying that people could get advantage in pvp so therefore it's not usable anymore, I strongly advise you to check what you are saying. Pardon me, but you are telling bullshit. If Machinima Tools isn't updated, it's because Malu05 don't have the time to do it. If you're still don't believe me, you should read this thread, in which he explains why.

Oh, and true explorers don't answer to questions like "how did you get there" because they don't want to see their pathways nerfed because of retards that only seek exploiting to gain an advantage over other players. That's all.

Before saying that people could get advantage in pvp so therefore it's not usable anymore, I strongly advise you to check what you are saying. Pardon me, but you are telling bullshit. If Machinima Tools isn't updated, it's because Malu05 don't have the time to do it. If you're still don't believe me, you should read this thread, in which he explains why.
    I admit I don't know anything about the software simply because what I do I do without 3rd party stuff. If it's not working anymore it means something changed in the client, we don't know the reason nor the author "Malu05" wrote anything about in the forum, so whether it might or might not be related to PvP is debatable.

However this doesn't really matter because:

Oh, and true explorers don't answer to questions like "how did you get there" because they don't want to see their pathways nerfed because of retards that only seek exploiting to gain an advantage over other players. That's all.
    You are saying exactly the same thing that I did (or I should say you answered my rhetorical question).
    Last edited by capitano666; 2012-02-15 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizonyx View Post
    I was already disappointed with the reimplementing of ZG and ZA, but now seeing this makes me more annoyed that it was scrapped in place of those.

At the very least if this raid had come out, I could probably still be trying to farm that damn Zulian Tiger.
    Seriously, can someone explain to me what's so amazingly awesome about THIS, which is basically a copy-paste vashjir with some platforms added?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Seriously, can someone explain to me what's so amazingly awesome about THIS, which is basically a copy-paste vashjir with some platforms added?
    Because it's something different from what we got.

Something you don't have it always better. Times ten thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Looks interesting, shame they did not implement it, and what was the reasoning why they didn't include it?
    They were too busy using their finite resources to bring you a brand new animated dragon mount only good enough to be sold for $25. Be glad that your $15 a month is going to such fine endeavors as mounts that'll cost you another $25.