Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It's clear they had major problems with their development team in Cata, so they probably just couldn't get the thing done by the patch deadline so they had to drop it and quickly recycle a couple of old raids as 5-mans instead.
    Oh those "quickly" recycled 5 mans which were in development since at least the start of Cata as demonstrated by the questlines in Stranglethorn Vale. And they only replaced a 5 man and not a raid. Abyssal Maw was never announced as a raid, so given how 4.2 turned out would you have preferred running one 5 man during it for VP or two?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool, how did you find out this was on live?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Infracted. Don't post with irrelevant replies.
    Last edited by Millennía; 2012-02-13 at 01:38 PM.

Hope to see it...
    It's really nice zone/raid

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe its due to the fact it isn't finished but from the vid it just looks like parts of Vash'jir mixed in with the 5man...i dunno i feel like fire-lands overall design looks better than the concept abyssal maw. Not to mention who would we fight? Rag also fits better with the lore imo but im sure 10000 people will try to prove my opinion to be "wrong" and whatnot

Nice work but doesn't look special imo. Vash much?

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Oh those "quickly" recycled 5 mans which were in development since at least the start of Cata as demonstrated by the questlines in Stranglethorn Vale. And they only replaced a 5 man and not a raid. Abyssal Maw was never announced as a raid, so given how 4.2 turned out would you have preferred running one 5 man during it for VP or two?
    ZA and ZG were originally raids mate. ZA and ZG were the ones they replaced with new 5 mans.

Unless you meant the new ZA and ZG replaced a 5man, not a raid (as in the potential Abys). In this case, yes you are correct. Abyssmal Maw was never advertised as a raid (as far as I know), as 90% of people on this page seem to think so, including the OP.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    maybe its due to the fact it isn't finished but from the vid it just looks like parts of Vash'jir mixed in with the 5man...i dunno i feel like fire-lands overall design looks better than the concept abyssal maw. Not to mention who would we fight? Rag also fits better with the lore imo but im sure 10000 people will try to prove my opinion to be "wrong" and whatnot
    I wanted to fight a giant squid personally, and I'm still ticked that the most POWERFUL elemental lord gets.... well ''Owned'' by this squid thing -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    ZA and ZG were originally raids mate. ZA and ZG were the ones they replaced with new 5 mans.

Unless you meant the new ZA and ZG replaced a 5man, not a raid (as in the potential Abys). In this case, yes you are correct. Abyssmal Maw was never advertised as a raid (as far as I know), as 90% of people on this page seem to think so, including the OP.
    That's exactly what I meant. So many people believe that Abyssal Maw was supposed to be a raid, but I haven't seen anything saying this from Blizzard.

They did advertise it as a raid, at the first Cata blizzcon i thougd, it would come in 4.1 Firelands and the Abbysal maw. a cool mix of fire and water.
    as they said so...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    A shame they didn't bring this out in a completed form, would have given more variey to the content and probably stem the loss of 800k subscribers which I suspect left not cause of the Firelands content but the fact that by the time 4.3 came out we've been grinding Z'A and Z'G for almost 10 months and we all know how pug friendly those are...

Also I find that half finished vortex much more exciting than the "fire on fire"-ness of Firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Except it was announced at Blizzcon as a 5 man and not a raid. http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/22/bl...l-maw-dungeon/
    And since Throne of the Tides *is located in* the Abyssal Maw, thats exactly what we got.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Pretty cool, how did you find out this was on live?
    I just looked in the files, and I knew it existed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    Nice work but doesn't look special imo. Vash much?
    Yes, you're right, there's a lot of copy-pasta from Vashjir.
    Abyssmal Maw was never advertised as a raid (as far as I know), as 90% of people on this page seem to think so, including the OP.
    To this I say :
    Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    They did advertise it as a raid, at the first Cata blizzcon i thougd, it would come in 4.1 Firelands and the Abbysal maw. a cool mix of fire and water.
    as they said so...
    So let's say that it was a raid
    (and honestly, this zone, as a raid, would have been awesome, much more that the copy-pasta from Dragonblight we have actually :x)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post

Yes, you're right, there's a lot of copy-pasta from Vashjir.

To this I say :

So let's say that it was a raid
    (and honestly, this zone, as a raid, would have been awesome, much more that the copy-pasta from Dragonblight we have actually :x)
    How did you get in there? i know its probably secret and u dont wanna tell us, but i'd think you'd make allot of forum readers happy if you can tell us how the hell you get in that place on LIVE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    as they said so...
    The first Blizz they said it would be a 5 man added in 4.1... Again I'm not 100% on this but I'm fairly sure. Anyone got a source handy or anything?

PS. Not meaning to derail thread or be pedantic, it's not that important but we may as well clear it up

From WowWiki (I know it's not clear proof but...)
    "The second wing, known simply as Abyssal Maw, was announced at BlizzCon 2009 but was not included in Cataclysm's original release. The Dungeons and Raids panel at Blizzcon 2010 featured a preview of this dungeon which will be released as part of the 4.1 patch in early 2011. It would potentially be suitable for a 5-man level 85 party at both regular and heroic difficulty. "

But later, when the community asked about the missing raid (assuming it was a raid after it was officially announced as a dungeon), Blizzard responded using the phrase 'raid'. So.... who knows really 0_o
    Last edited by Warhunt; 2012-02-13 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Not asking how you go there, but how did you go about knowing where to look in-game for it? o.O I'd have no clue where to start, It's amazing you went there (:
    Is it attached to a sub zone already? like how Quel'thalas is attached to Outlands, But they are supposedly on totally different continents on the map.

Deleted
    Wow, this looks amazing, i love the design. I hope Blizzard will think this trough and maybe finish it sometime. It could have been a great addition to the content Cataclysm
    would have.

I wouldn't get so excited about this, this is mostly Vashj'ir combined with Ahn'kahet platform (You can clearly see the nerubian structure / obelisks).

There are only a few new buildings.

vash is such a poop zone imo that i wouldnt want a raid there. if they would have actually made a raid out of it, it would probably have some form of swimming/water tactics on one ore more bosses. swimming areas are the worst for me. i hate that aspect of the game.

Deleted
    the wadsworth constant applies twofold.