Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unused instance portals

I just saw the thread about the Abyssal Maw raid/dungeon that was never implemented. That got me thinking of all the instance portals that were added to the game but never used. I was wondering what portals exist that I don't know about.

List of locations with unused instance portals:
    Stormwind
    Stratholme
    Grim Batol
    Wintersrping - unsued Mount Hyjal portal. I'm not sure if this is still there or was done away with in the Cataclysm.

What other unused portals am I missing?

SW portal was for a instance in SW that never made it into the game.

Strat port was intendet to bring you to naxx, but again, never got implemented.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

Always wanted it to take me to the entrance so I could farm mount faster

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Always wanted it to take me to the entrance so I could farm mount faster
    There is an easy way to farm it, delete you hearth stone and make a "naked" equipment set, once you finish the instance use the "Unstuck" function from the help menu and it'll port you right to the entrance, simply reset instance, run in and put your gear on and enjoy.

There's one in the middle of the forest darkshore, it's now an archeology location. If I remember right there was one on the island by Feathermoon Stronghold which is now underwater after cataclysm, swimming fatigue prevents me for going there when I tried to see if it was still there.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

I read somewhere that the Stormwind portal was intended for housing for players but they scrapped the idea so despite being heroes who saved the world multiple times we're all doomed to wander the world as vagrants forever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    There is an easy way to farm it, delete you hearth stone and make a "naked" equipment set, once you finish the instance use the "Unstuck" function from the help menu and it'll port you right to the entrance, simply reset instance, run in and put your gear on and enjoy.
    You sir are a genius, pic screwed up ;( srry about that
    Last edited by Kassina; 2012-02-13 at 06:09 PM.

Mount Hyjal - Gates of Sothann, there is a portal there that I have never figured out the purpose of.

Sothann = used during the Hyjal quest line, I think.

There's a portal in Eversong Woods, too. Near one of the troll areas in the southeast. Guess that was supposed to be a low level troll dungeon or something but never got added. Think the portal got removed in Cata, though. Was there all through TBC and WotLK at least. I haven't been back there since WotLK.

Such a shame to have so many portals that go no where. With Cata, they had the opportunity to add those missing areas or just remove the portals entirely. Instead, they taunt us with what could've been.

There are 2 stormwind portals unused, one is in the tower between trade and dwarf, it has an instance ID, that is a copy of stockades but unfinished, the other one that was between old town and trade never had anything linked to it, so no one will ever know for sure.

There's the portal and the single nesting Gryphon on top of Karazhan tower. Still there too. It was probably supposed to put you right near Prince, but they never added it.

The one beside the Throne of the Tides. But you already mentioned that one.
    However, i thought that a raid would come out were you would be able to kill that octupos Ozumat. He did took Neptulon, we should get him back!
    Would be awesome though, a one boss raid now after the last raid. As Ruby Sanctum..
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggslimm View Post
    I just saw the thread about the Abyssal Maw raid/dungeon that was never implemented. That got me thinking of all the instance portals that were added to the game but never used. I was wondering what portals exist that I don't know about.

List of locations with unused instance portals:
    Stormwind
    Stratholme
    Grim Batol
    Wintersrping - unsued Mount Hyjal portal. I'm not sure if this is still there or was done away with in the Cataclysm.

What other unused portals am I missing?
    The other sanctums under the Wyrmrest Temple? Though I guess they're off the map now -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    There's a portal in Eversong Woods, too. Near one of the troll areas in the southeast. Guess that was supposed to be a low level troll dungeon or something but never got added. Think the portal got removed in Cata, though. Was there all through TBC and WotLK at least. I haven't been back there since WotLK.
    I'm pretty sure the portal you are speaking about was for Zul'Aman. It was found before Zul'Aman was opened: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ong-woods.html

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    You sir are a genius, pic screwed up ;( srry about that
    Its all good, love to help fellow mount-farmers and make their lives easier

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    The one beside the Throne of the Tides. But you already mentioned that one.
    However, i thought that a raid would come out were you would be able to kill that octupos Ozumat. He did took Neptulon, we should get him back!
    Would be awesome though, a one boss raid now after the last raid. As Ruby Sanctum..
    That was supposed to be the Abyssal Maw raid, which unfortunately got scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post

Why the naked part? Does it kill you and put you at the graveyard near the entrance?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was an upper portal to Karazan, You can see it if you fly right on top of it and see a portal with gryphons. Most people speculate this was supposed to be another ''Kara'' raid however that wasn't the case; It was actually supposed to be the entrance to kara.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post
    Why the naked part? Does it kill you and put you at the graveyard near the entrance?
    Because it kills you and you'll get big repair bills if you keep your gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The unused portal in stormwind was meant to be a prison that hosted the "most evil" criminals. We don't have an example of who could be in there really.
    This Website is kind of old but stills gives information on some of the mysterious places in old Azeroth. http://lostwow.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh you use the Gates of Sothan to summon cenarius/ have a direct link with the top of hyjal so forces could move easily between them