Warlock PvP tips and Tricks.

This is me : http://i.imgur.com/1LOOn.jpg

Me and a few friends decided we wanted to play a little more serious of a 3s comp.

We were running Ele Mage R-shaman, but the comp was fairly weak because of DRing CC. So i decided to level a new lock quickly to play some MLS.

Basically i'm just looking for tips in general. I consider myself to be a fairly good player, have gotten 2200 in 2s and 3s a couple times on my priest. And i think i have the just of warlocks down. Anything that's not very obvious would be great! Also, any MLS tips in general would be good too.

Anything for destro would be appreciated too, because i'm thinking i will have to run that in 2s, because i really don't want to play afflic / healer.

Thanks, Hika

What is this I don't even...

Anyways, I'm going to give you some 1v1 Destro tips I posted in another thread that could apply in arena since I'm feeling lazy :/

-Bind your pet's follow button in order to fake cast spells such as Firebolt and Seduction. This comes in handy when against warriors and rogues, who will never expect you to fakecast your pet's spells.

-If you're trying to get some distance from a melee opponent and find yourself crippled, try the following combinations: Shadowflame + Whiplash simultaneously (add Shadowfury/Seduction if necessary).

-When against casters, try to use your Shadowfury, Whiplash, Death Coil and Fear as interrupts. Also make smart use of your portal to get behind a casting enemy when they are about to fire their spell.

-When against a mage, trick him into CSing you by using Shadowfury and then casting a spell. Unless they know you're good, they will definitely Blink and counterspell.
    Never hesitate to Banish their water elemental when you have nothing to do and try to DoT them up after each fakecast as to not waste time if you fail to trick them into interrupting you.
    Keep your pet away from you at the beginning of the fight: This will force them to choose between CCing you or your pet. If they choose to Nova + RoF your pet, simply Soul Burn and summon it in order to prevent it from getting frozen for 8 seconds.

-Always use Nether Ward when your opponent's spells are on travel time, unless you are sure that nobody's around to dispel you. Also, if against a fire mage, remove your -30% Fire Damage nether protection as soon as he starts Spellstealing you. After all, better lose the buff than giving it to him.

-If a shadow priest is in Dispersion, use Drain Life: The health you generate isn't affected by the damage you deal, so it's as if he's giving you the opportunity to boost your HP a bit.

-Whenever a paladin bubbles and starts healing himself, use Whiplash on him. Divine Shield doesn't prevent knock-backs, so it's as if you're interrupting his casts.

-If your healer is being CCed and you find yourself in a pickle, don't hesitate to Soul Burn: Teleport and pole hump to get out of combat and start Soul Harvesting.

-Summoning your Felhunter a second time in arena will refresh Spell Lock. When doing some chain CC take advantage of this to trick the opponent into thinking he can cast freely since you've blank CSed him.

I think that the most important thing about Destro in cata is CC. Use everything as if it were your interrupt. If a healer is about to cast and you've got nothing, premeditate an interrupt through fear before he starts casting.
    Use Shadowfury to interrupt gamebreaking enemy spells such as Mana Burn or Lava Burst.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also, until now I've seen for myself that Destro can get up to 2k in arena. Haven't gone further yet, will have to see. (I ran Destro/Disc to 2k and ele/destro to 1970)
    Here's an example of what you can do as Destro/Disc:

Fear, Fear, Whiplash knock-back interrupt on casting healer, pet switch to Felhunter and blank Spell Lock, Shadowfury stun interrupt on casting healer, Mind Control, Mind Control, Death Coil, Fear, Spell Lock Blank CS, Fear, Arcane Torrent interrupt on casting healer, Resummon Felhunter for Spell Lock and Lock out on healer.
    This was against a rogue which had nothing other than Vanish and a discipline Priest who only had his anti interrupt, which was useless seeing as I managed to prevent his casts through Fear and Whiplash.

Good luck and have fun

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 07:50 PM ----------

As for your interface:
    Get the universal pet CC macro, bind your Healthstone and put Drain Life on your action bar (it can come in handy from time to time). Also key bind your Soul Link, Health Funnel, Armors, mount, Soul Harvest and BoD since you don't have much binds, couldn't hurt right? (Although I must admit, I don't have the first three that I mentioned bound).

Later on when you progress you're gonna want to get the Focus 1,2,3 for arena.
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2012-02-13 at 07:54 PM.

My binds are weird, all the macros i have on my bars are all alt / shift / ctrl mods built in.

For example, as for universal pet macro, i already wrote this one:

/dismount
    /cast [nomod] Fear; [mod:ctrl, @focus] Fear; [pet: felhunter, mod:alt, @focus] Spell Lock; [pet: succubus, mod:alt, @focus] Seduction; [pet: felhunter, mod:shift, @target] Spell Lock; [pet: succubus, mod:shift, @target] Seduction
    which works well for me. My healthstone is bound, as is drain life. I can see Soul Link and Health Funnel being useful.

Is anyone really good with Power Auras by the way? I'm trying to get a on-screen cooldown timer for when my portal is going to come back up, i can't figure out how to do it :/

Nice macro, but you're still gonna need the mouseover option! As for the Power Auras, never figured it out but there must be a way. Although I do have one that tells me when my tp isn't up while in combat if you'd like.

Deleted
    get a better interface.

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    get a better interface.
    No thanks 10char