Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    I could argue that but I'd get infracted for a stupid reason.
    If you have any issues about an infraction you received there is an appeal process that you can go through.

On topic: This is not the only website that carries said behaviour, it is everywhere and it always will be. There is nothing we can do to fully prevent it. Yes we can do our best to moderate but in a forum the size of this it can be hard. This is why there are forum rules that hopefully people will read and follow but of course there will be people who do not and they do receive an infraction if it is deemed infract worthy. All I can really say is just use the report button if you feel people are not following the forum rules and it will be looked in to, rest assured. It may not always be within a few minutes of your report but it does get looked in to

I wonder how many saw the Star Wars: The Old Republic sign.

I didn't at first.

These forums are incapable of intellectual honesty. They decry people who defend one game from their criticisms as "fan bois" but if anyone suggests that their favourite game could possible use some improvement they rush to defend it. As evidence of this I submit to you the "wow needs a new engine to remain relevant thread" on the second page of the general forums.

It was of course immediately trounced upon by supporters of said game who further went on to bash every other game and claim that their game was perfectly fine. This is of course a game running with a 7 year old engine and some improvements could definitely be a positive for it. However that is barely considered. Instead what were left with is a debate between hypocrites. If anyone on the SWTOR forums were as quick to rush to defend SWTOR, they would of course be characterized as "fan bois" or the oft used "bio drones". Is it fair to now apply the same labels to those who would be so quick to rush to defend the other game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes a lot of other forums have 'trolls' or those people who just want to stir the pot, but this forum used to be held at a higher standard (in my mind). I always preferred this site because everyone conducted themselves well. Discussions were everywhere and things were actually fun. Now, the 'fun' things are those pony threads but by god I will NEVER go into those. Ever.

This forum still has potential, I just wish users wanted a place to go as much as I do. I know I know, the far majority of those with positive things to say tend to keep it to ourselves because we're too busy playing the game- but after full clearing everything I like to relax and talk about things in this game. Keywords: Talk/Discussion.

All I see is arguing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    If you don't like, just simply don't post.
    Ironic how this argument is now used by the SWTOR people, after they mercilessly hammered WoW players for using it whenever a SWTOR player was complaining about something related to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Ironic how this argument is now used by the SWTOR people, after they mercilessly hammered WoW players for using it whenever a SWTOR player was complaining about something related to WoW.
    Please don't derail this thread :/ Also, I was here since the beginning and the SWTOR subsection used to be a pretty peaceful place aside from the occasional WoW vs TOR thread that appeared that was ALMOST always created by someone from the WoW side. We stayed on our forums for the most part. We were happy. We WANT competition- this gaming industry needs it. Anyways, please keep this ontopic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Please don't derail this thread :/ Also, I was here since the beginning and the SWTOR subsection used to be a pretty peaceful place aside from the occasional WoW vs TOR thread that appeared that was ALMOST always created by someone from the WoW side. We stayed on our forums for the most part. We were happy. We WANT competition- this gaming industry needs it. Anyways, please keep this ontopic.
    Oh, oh now you're on very, very thin ice here.

WoW vs TOR threads were created by people from the WoW side? Are you kidding me? Around the release of TOR, every single thread was made by people going to TOR and feeling the need to spout hate on WoW. The WoW players just wanted those people to leave without making a racket, but ya'll had to anyway.

You do know that most "vs" threads back then was basically;

TOR player: WoW sucks because X and Y.
    WoW player: That's fine, have fun playing TOR.

*with very various degrees of hostility on both sides.

Don't try and change history here because you and I both know how it really went down.

Oh, oh now you're on very, very thin ice here.

WoW vs TOR threads were created by people from the WoW side? Are you kidding me? Around the release of TOR, every single thread was made by people going to TOR and feeling the need to spout hate on WoW. The WoW players just wanted those people to leave without making a racket, but ya'll had to anyway.

You do know that most "vs" threads back then was basically;

WoW player: That's fine, have fun playing TOR.

Don't try and change history here because you and I both know how it really went down.
    Yea that's what happened. The WoW people just rolled over. They didn't. It devolved into some serious arguments and the WoW people were just as guilty as the SWTOR peeps. I've been watching these forums for a long time now and it wasn't as one sided as that. Someone is revising history allright... As I said that's the largest problem with these forums. Intellectual honesty is hard to come by. Hypocrisy is the standard.

I do think it's abit sad the way this forum has gone over the years. I remember back in 07/08 there were alot less trolls around here and you could actually have a decent discussion in a thread without having to go through 80% of flaming, insulting etc. Now I am not trying to bash to moderators or the site as whole here, but if you want a look at a forum community that actually treats each other with respect, you should take a look at the teamliquid.net SC2 site. The forums there are operated under a zero-tolerance policy which actually makes it alot more fun to read and participate in the discussion. Perhaps something to look into for the MMO-champ staff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea that's what happened. The WoW people just rolled over. They didn't. It devolved into some serious arguments and the WoW people were just as guilty as the SWTOR peeps. Now who's revising history.
    I did add that little asterix for a reason;

It wasn't always civil. And both sides were going at eachother. But to say that the WoW side was initiating these things most of the time is just untrue. They have their game and they're content with it - why would they suddenly start going on on SWTOR? They didn't. Sure, some did, but that's just some people being some people.

The vast majority of threads around that time was "Quitting WoW for SWTOR and here is why" or "SWTOR is going to better then WoW because of this".

WoW player: TOR suck
    WoW player: You'll be back
    Fixed for you. As you yourself said, don't try to change history.

This thread lets people who disagree with each other disagree on why they disagree. I think it's better for everyone to close it.