The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Help: going from 25 to 10~~

Hey there,

My guild just announced that we're going from 25 man to 10 man to focus on pushing progression as hard as we can and I need the help of the community to help fine-tune my gear/spec/whatever to optimize me fully for 10's.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulate/advanced

Any tips would be appreciated. I mean, I've read the bear guides on here and on EJ and it's not really geared for 10's, so, like I said, anything would help me.

Also: is the mastery /on use dodge trinket worth getting? I have MORE than enough VP for it, I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can go pure agility for 10m, since nothing hits as hard as on 25man. Reforge useless stats to mastery, never reforge to doge or gem stamina/dodge. The only thing you can gem stam if it's blue socket and have 10+ agilitiy or 20+ mastery bonus for that 1 gem, in that case gem Agility + Stamina. Also in 10m jump into cat form whenever you can and help out with DPS. By the way, you current Agility enchant to cape is crap in any scenario, you should use armor (Protection) for tanking and 65 crit for cat.

Bearcat is significantly more effective in 10man than in 25man because the DPS gain becomes much more noticeable. You may want to check out my bearcat guide @ http://theincbear.com/dragon-soul-bearcat-guide

First of all I would be very suspicious of any guild deciding to go into 10 man format in order to do "progression". Converting it to 10 mans is "REGRESSION". You might want to check the following post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-of-Pandaria
    Remember it is easy to change to 10 mans but you can never go back. You will see your "progression" going up to 5/8HM probably in one week (seeing that you are already 3/8 25 mans) but you will get stuck on the sixth boss.

What gear is concerned I would suggest you change your Gems to Agility and reforge to mastery. If you encounter a boss fight with lot of magic damage change out your agility trinkets and get stam trinkest instead. Remember the key in Cataclysm tanking is predominately Cooldown management. Keep your important cooldowns keybound or easy accessible.
    Last edited by Kalanu; 2012-02-14 at 08:43 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanu View Post
    First of all I would be very suspicious of any guild deciding to go into 10 man format in order to do "progression". Converting it to 10 mans is "REGRESSION". You might want to check the following post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-of-Pandaria
    Remember it is easy to change to 10 mans but you can never go back. You will see your "progression" going up to 5/8HM probably in one week (seeing that you are already 3/8 25 mans) but you will get stuck on the sixth boss.

What gear is concerned I would suggest you change your Gems to Agility and reforge to mastery. If you encounter a boss fight with lot of magic damage change out your agility trinkets and get stam trinkest instead. Remember the key in Cataclysm tanking is predominately Cooldown management. Keep your important cooldowns keybound or easy accessible.

I missrepresented what's happening: there was a giant exodus from our guild (literally probably 1/2 to 2/3 of our DPS left over night to go do their own like... 10 man guild or something) and now we can't field a raid. This, along with lazy people not wanting to wipe on a boss for progression, makes for middle week raid nights of ~15 people, if we're lucky. We've actually missed raid nights two weeks in a row, and the officers made a decision to move to 10 man instead of let the guild die. We've tried recruiting EXTENSIVELY, but for some reason, we keep getting passed over. What's the plan is right now is for us to have a formal, progressionary 10 man and whomever is left (there are 6 or 7 people that didn't make the cut from our 25 man to our 10 man), we do a not-so-progressionary 10 man, with a few hard modes, but nothing too terribly bad. But, until we either a) recruit more people or b) guildies stop being flaky and actually sign on for progression, then we don't have any other option, unfortunately.

Also, thank you Tangedyn for the link to your bear-cat guide. I'll give that a read-through and see what's up. So far, I've regemmed to pure agility and will tackle my enchanting stuff here in a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Hey there,

My guild just announced that we're going from 25 man to 10 man to focus on pushing progression as hard as we can and I need the help of the community to help fine-tune my gear/spec/whatever to optimize me fully for 10's.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulate/advanced

Any tips would be appreciated. I mean, I've read the bear guides on here and on EJ and it's not really geared for 10's, so, like I said, anything would help me.

Also: is the mastery /on use dodge trinket worth getting? I have MORE than enough VP for it, I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it?
    I can't look at 30 agi socket bonuses wasted
    What the hell are you doing?

It may be a hard decision between agi and stamina gems, but when you choose between 75 stamina and 55agi+25 stamina, stamina is always worse.

Leave blue jewelcrafting gem in your relic, replace others with red ones.
    Replace other blue gems with agi+stamina ones to match socket bonus.

Leave WoU trinket, its bis for bear. Consider changing VoS trinket to stamina one if you lack HP pool, or just use VoS if you don't have one.
    Use stamina flask if you still think that your health pool is low.
    Badge trinket is not worth buying.

In most cases you can go full agility in 10 mans. Especially if you go cat for some bosses. In that case mastery reforge can be a good option.
    Leave agi/stamina gemming and dodge reforge if you are main tank.
    Big health pool is highly recommended for Zon'ozz, Ultraxion and Madness. Also bigger health pool heals your raid for more with 4pt13 set bonus.