Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I'm not sure about the flamethrower. I heard it sucks and blows.
    Hah! very nice
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about the flamethrower. I heard it sucks and blows.
    I can't help but think of...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    I've heard that Flamethrower also is pretty bad, but not becouse of the abilities but becouse it's "undertuned" in it's damage. The burn supposedly hits (over time) for about 2-2.5k while the offhand pistol burn hits for ~5k (over time again) when in close combat (hits more the closer you get).

Have a look at this video showing the new Engineer traits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbeHhJUBo2o

There are two new traits that caught my attention. One says "proximity trigger mines knockback enemies". I may be premature on thinking this, but looks like that standard mines from the kit now are detonated by proximity. Yay!

Annnnd there's other trait called "Deployable camo" that says "mines and turrets are camouflaged while not in combat."

So, Invisible proximity triggered mines that knockback enemies. How does that sound?

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnd there's other trait called "Deployable camo" that says "mines and turrets are camouflaged while not in combat."
    I was worried that they had replaced Deployable turrets, but it's still there. So you should be able to put a turret in a stupid place, that turns invisible, so it will be a fun way to piss people off with a net turret. Or in WvW, put a thumper turret on a narrow path along a cliff edge and stand at the end like you're AFK'ing. When an enemy spots you and runs towards you to get in range and gank you, send them flying

You don't even need the thumper for that. There's another major trait in explosives that makes turrets knockback enemies when you detonate them. Engineer is defintely the profession to choose if you want to send people flying. It has a ridiculous amount of knockbacks available.

You don't even need the thumper for that. There's another major trait in explosives that makes turrets knockback enemies when you detonate them. Engineer is defintely the profession to choose if you want to send people flying. It has a ridiculous amount of knockbacks available.
    I like more all the different conditions like poison, bleeding, burning with pistol and incendiary ammo. But the traits that support these are in tools and explosives, so that would be more in favor of grenades, but with grenades you need flamethrower for the incendiary ammo, so that's two slots for kits and you have less space for turrets ... just soo much variables

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I like more all the different conditions like poison, bleeding, burning with pistol and incendiary ammo. But the traits that support these are in tools and explosives, so that would be more in favor of grenades, but with grenades you need flamethrower for the incendiary ammo, so that's two slots for kits and you have less space for turrets ... just soo much variables
    I'm almost tempted to slot all kits just for the crazy amount of versatility that offers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm almost tempted to slot all kits just for the crazy amount of versatility that offers.
    Yeah, you can equip just 4 ... that's not enough Then again all the turrets shooting must be annoying in PvP as well ... it will take some time and actual gameplay to figure the best build that suits you well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah, you can equip just 4 ... that's not enough Then again all the turrets shooting must be annoying in PvP as well ... it will take some time and actual gameplay to figure the best build that suits you well.
    You can equip 5, if you count the mortar as a kit that any ally can use.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Mortar + 4 turrets = impenetrable defense.

Seems like it would be fun to just that up somewhere in pvp.

Here are some new links of Engineer Pvp:

Haven't watched them both, but seems decent from when I flipped through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkRi2...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rdAsbMOTOeI

And another:

Last edited by zardon3001; 2012-03-29 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    Here are some new links of Engineer Pvp:

Haven't watched them both, but seems decent from when I flipped through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkRi2...yer_detailpage

Awesome! thanks for the links.

Edit:
    After watching he never used his elite, sadly.

Also the noise a female human makes when using rocket jump. Ouch my ears
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-03-29 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Awesome! thanks for the links.

Edit:
    After watching he never used his elite, sadly.

Also the noise a female human makes when using rocket jump. Ouch my ears
    Yeah never used the elite and not a fan of that sound she makes with the rocket jump.

I actually came here to see what kind of strategy was the Tool Kit supposed to be used for, when I saw she had it in the PVP video I was like "great! Now I'll see it in action!"

WELL NO, she only used it for the tool-belt skill.

I like the idea of the Tool Kit making the character sort of tanky... that would pair up well with a Turret playstyle! The thing is that stupid "turn your healng into power" talent makes me want to go all the way down Alchemy line and make an Elixir Gun build... too bad they removed the talent that converted vitality into condition damage! Otherwise it would have been awesome with Incendiary Ammo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    I like the idea of the Tool Kit making the character sort of tanky... that would pair up well with a Turret playstyle! The thing is that stupid "turn your healng into power" talent makes me want to go all the way down Alchemy line and make an Elixir Gun build... too bad they removed the talent that converted vitality into condition damage! Otherwise it would have been awesome with Incendiary Ammo.
    I don't think you are supposed to stand there and take the damage, even with the Tool Kit equipped. All in all it seems the Engineer is very range oriented.
    But it seems very useful if you plan to control an area (in pvp): Set up mines and turrets and use the Tool Kit to drag and kick your enemy around, maybe swapping it around with the rifle to give him no chance to escape your mine field*.

*Assuming it is possible to lay out mines and swap to an other weapon/kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post

*Assuming it is possible to lay out mines and swap to an other weapon/kit.
    I think the mine kits tool belt skill is still to detonate all your mines so I assume its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    I don't think you are supposed to stand there and take the damage, even with the Tool Kit equipped. All in all it seems the Engineer is very range oriented.
    Engineer is a pretty mix between range and virtually melee. It might be somewhat range focussed, but not "very"

The bomb kit is melee range, the flamethrower is for a large part melee range, the tool kit is melee range. Elixir gun has some close range attacks. Mines cannot be thrown very far. Our elite Elixir X triggers a random Elite and most (if not all) of the Elites it can trigger benefit from melee range, making Elixir X a (dominantly) melee elite.
    And there is not one ability i believe that gets stronger with range. In fact the opposite is true, the Rifle has one skill that works better the closer you are to someone.

It doesnt look like much of a melee fighter because you dont directly smack people in the face much. But lighting up a powderkeg underneath them isnt exactly range either Its an interesting class to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    And there is not one ability i believe that gets stronger with range. In fact the opposite is true, the Rifle has one skill that works better the closer you are to someone.
    with a 10s CD blunderbuss is more to punish people in melee range than a core part of your strategy

net shot, overcharge shot, and jump shot are very much kiting/mobility tools
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    with a 10s CD blunderbuss is more to punish people in melee range than a core part of your strategy

net shot, overcharge shot, and jump shot are very much kiting/mobility tools
    Yes, that is basically what I meant: There are so many tools to keep the enemy at a distance from you, that I don't see how you would ever let him come so close that he can beat you. Barely yes, but then you always have a tool to knock him back /jump back etc.

From what I have seen in videos he is not built to take many hits as a medium armor class.

But who knows, maybe the freedom GW2 offers goes as far as to give you the possbility to build a melee-oriented engineer with toolkit, mines, bombs... :-)