Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also: could bombs be hidden in tall grass or bushes? Although that might do better with mines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol glytch i swear sometimes we're on the same brainwave, and then other times we can't agree on ANYTHING...
    im magical

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 10:16 AM ----------

lol glytch i swear sometimes we're on the same brainwave, and then other times we can't agree on ANYTHING...
    'Twas the night before launch and all through the swamp
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mamp;
    The engineer laid his bombs down with care,
    In hopes that the enemy soon would be there;
    Some people camped out, snug in their chairs,
    Because some of them were not prepared;
    The elementalist napped in a hot steamy bath,
    with help from a geyser she called from her staff;
    The early birds fidgeted, they hated the wait,
    "when the servers are back up its straight out of the gate";
    The dragon of death we all will oppose,
    It's a shame that zombies don't smell like a rose;
    A roar from the sky but not a soul seems to worry,
    Because in 30 minutes we'll all start our story!
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    im magical

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 10:16 AM ----------

'Twas the night before launch and all through the swamp
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mamp;
    The engineer laid his bombs down with care,
    In hopes that the enemy soon would be there;
    Some people camped out, snug in their chairs,
    Because some of them were not prepared;
    The elementalist napped in a hot steamy bath,
    with help from a geyser she called from her staff;
    The early birds fidgeted, they hated the wait,
    "when the servers are back up its straight out of the gate";
    The dragon of death we all will oppose,
    It's a shame that zombies don't smell like a rose;
    A roar from the sky but not a soul seems to worry,
    Because in 30 minutes we'll all start our story!
    lol mother of god glytch, i think i love you in a totally no homo way xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Made a Rifle pve build

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;aNf...daa;Zaaa;ZcYbZ

Wanted to play with a build using no turrets or kits, So all Gadgets.
    Definitely and offense focus on this build.
    Traits focus on maximizing rifle damage and getting the most out of the gadget utilities (obvious I supposed).
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

One thing I'm looking forward to is a a full turret build =) Hoping it's decent.
    Does anyone know if they attack inanimate objects like the gates of the keep etc??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    One thing I'm looking forward to is a a full turret build =) Hoping it's decent.
    Does anyone know if they attack inanimate objects like the gates of the keep etc??
    You could go with a full-turret build and simultaneously build your engineer to be hard to kill, so I think it'll actually be a very popular/powerful build.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You could go with a full-turret build and simultaneously build your engineer to be hard to kill, so I think it'll actually be a very popular/powerful build.
    Yeah, the trait that buffs your toughness for every turret along with your already high toughness from the invention line should make you a force to be reckoned with.
    A "turret master"
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-04-13 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the trait that buffs your toughness for every turret along with your already high toughness from the invention line should make you a force to be reckoned with.
    A "turret master"
    Not just that, but also the traits that activate at 25% HP.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

A "turret master"
    That's almost exactly like one of the builds I made, should be pretty tough and have good damage output also.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;aap...Uaa;Zaaa;bWVdZ

I was more referring to that, tbh, though I admit you can come up with more offensive turret builds. Some of the stuff in Explosives are neat, too, such as Demolitions Expert and Accelerant-packed Turrets.

I imagine the build I'm linking wouldn't be all that major of a threat to enemies, though... just kind of a nuisance. We'll have to see.

I heard about the ability to "pack-up" turrets to move them, but have yet to see anything of the sort in a video. Is it a myth? Seems useful given how much movement there is in the game. Moving out of range of turrets is going to be a huge pain in the arse.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-04-15 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I heard about the ability to "pack-up" turrets to move them, but have yet to see anything of the sort in a video. Is it a myth. Seems useful given how much movement there is in the game. Moving out of range of turrets is going to be a huge pain in the arse.
    I believe you just press "F" when near them to pack them up. Alternatively you can detonate them. I'm not sure if picking them yields a lower cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard about the ability to "pack-up" turrets to move them, but have yet to see anything of the sort in a video. Is it a myth. Seems useful given how much movement there is in the game. Moving out of range of turrets is going to be a huge pain in the arse.
    the mechanic exists wit warbanners so id imagine turrets work too, its probably done by press f next to one

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 02:05 AM ----------

I believe you just press "F" when near them to pack them up. Alternatively you can detonate them. I'm not sure if picking them yields a lower cooldown.
    picking them up would let you move them as an environmental weapon
    The Original Ganksta

the mechanic exists wit warbanners so id imagine turrets work too, its probably done by press f next to one

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 02:05 AM ----------

picking them up would let you move them as an environmental weapon
    So you can basically only move one turret at a time? You'd have to shlep back and forth?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can basically only move one turret at a time? You'd have to shlep back and forth?
    ....yea?

that be pretty unwieldy to carry 2-3 large guns on tripods
    The Original Ganksta

....yea?

Guess I'll just have to make sure not to have more than one turret on my action bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....yea?

Well in all fairness you were lugging em all around earlier, so i don't see why you cant continue to do so xD

PS: WELCOME BACK GLYTCH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard about the ability to "pack-up" turrets to move them, but have yet to see anything of the sort in a video. Is it a myth? Seems useful given how much movement there is in the game. Moving out of range of turrets is going to be a huge pain in the arse.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Turret
    Engineers can also pack up and move the turret around; this will cause the turret to go into a short recharge before it can be deployed again.
    That's all I know about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in all fairness you were lugging em all around earlier, so i don't see why you cant continue to do so xD

PS: WELCOME BACK GLYTCH!!
    im back, baby

the limitation would be both a logical one (they are heavy) and a technical one (the environmental weapon system)

its not unreasonable

plus that shouldn't make you only want to take 1 turret. that's just silly
    The Original Ganksta

So... personal build here with a rifle, rocket boots, grenade kit, and elixir gun.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;ppa...aaa;Zaaa;bZhfZ

Now depending on the cooldowns on switching kits I think some fun things could be done. Jump shot in with the rifle, blunderbuss, rocket kick, switch to elixir gun and spray fumes, then acid bomb back out to do whatever else. Big close range aoe burst. Also a lot of constant healing with the healing turret and the elixir gun together. Primary damage would come from conditions, as they have both increased damage and duration.
    And a grenade kit in case I need more sustained area damage.

Generally just a lot of aoe damage and conditions, but not quite as much slowing enemies than using the abilities to skip around the area.

Only thing I am wondering is maybe the grenade kit is a bit out of place and I have too much weapon stuff, in both firearms and explosives. Whether I should specialize to one or the other. Rifle/elixir gun help by sending conditions everywhere and bombs can heal people.

So many ways to make an engineer...
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-04-15 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.