Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    To be fair, it's reasonable to complain about ... grenades doing less damage than pistol shots.
    Especially when the explosives trait line is +power. It really would be a much better match for +crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Especially when the explosives trait line is +power. It really would be a much better match for +crit.
    And to add to that, it seems weird to me that detonating your turrets proved more useful than the turrets themselves.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you guys are talking about how they were lack luster 2 pages AFTER someone said that Anet has confirmed that the engineer is not tuned at all number wise...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yep.

Hopefully they'll listen to my complaint about not being able to combo off my own fire wall
    Isn't it a proc ? Doesn't the tooltip say like 10% chance for combos to trigger? I know I combo'ed off my firebomb on some occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Isn't it a proc ? Doesn't the tooltip say like 10% chance for combos to trigger? I know I combo'ed off my firebomb on some occasions.
    Hmmm... you may be right. I never did see my rifle proc off fire wall though

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Ive combo'd of my own abilities as an Engineer, so it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    90% of the people complaining about Engineer on GW2guru didn't use the profession properly. Everyone thinks you can slap on a kit and be 100% effective not that you need to swap between them alot to gain the most benefit.
    The problem was a lot of the kits were more beneficial for their toolbelt skill rather than equipping them outright. Most of the skill combinations were also lackluster with Flamethrower and Elixir Gun.

That complaint list Drake just re-posted is pretty spot on in most areas of the Engineer. It was not hard to grasp how to use the profession. The profession literally was underperforming while some kits were just poorly [&redundantly] designed.

Probably the class that needed the most play testing and tweaking out of all I played- didn't play Necro/Ranger.

Deleted
    So what do you guys think of this guys idea to make gadgets more appealing?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-like-signets/

Making them have signet like effects though (s)he says to add it through a trait.

So what do you guys think of this guys idea to make gadgets more appealing?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-like-signets/

Making them have signet like effects though (s)he says to add it through a trait.
    Wouldn't mind that, stuff like the goggles are begging for a passive effect. But then again the gadgets add to the toolbar, so that could be asking for a little too much.
    When they run the numbers I'm sure Anet will lower the substantial cooldown on a lot of the engineer stuff.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-05-07 at 11:16 PM.

Kind of a neat idea, It works.

Though I sorta wish the gadgets were reactionary. Once proc'd they go on CD. Sorta like Passives in League of Legends.

Utility Goggles: Resist next blind, 60/s CD
    Slick Shoes: Resist next cripple, 45/s CD
    Rocket Boots: Resist next KD, 90/s
    Battering Ram: Launch next foe to strike you in melee, 90/s CD

It seemed like the Engineer's gadgets would be like the kid from Goonies with a belt buckle grappling hook & spring loaded boxing glove.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does make sense to give them Signet-like qualities (i.e. passive effect that is negated by the active use), and would certainly make up for the complete LACK of signets on this one profession.

But if they do that, it should be built-in, rather than be part of a trait. And I think they'd need to add another Gadget or two.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-07 at 11:31 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I like the idea of making them more signet like assuming the passives are purely additional too the current effects (say the goggles don't loose the frenzy on use for the passive) and honestly engineers could use a little boost in some areas.

Now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Utility Goggles: Resist next blind, 60/s CD
    Slick Shoes: Resist next cripple, 45/s CD
    Rocket Boots: Resist next KD, 90/s
    Battering Ram: Launch next foe to strike you in melee, 90/s CD
    I must say this really doesn't appeal to my tastes. I understand It would be a unique take on signets between the professions it just seems all too defensive. Perhaps I don't like reactive abilities to have effects on enemies, I don't know.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Making gadgets more signet-like just makes them functionally signets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making gadgets more signet-like just makes them functionally signets.
    Gotta agree with this 100%, if they make gadgets have a passive ability that gets disabled from the active (like a signet) why wouldn't they just make them signets?

I think that the passive thing for the gadgets would be, well, lack luster, because you'd essentially just have some random skills on there that don't do ANYTHING... Maybe if they did do a passive thing you could make them a bit like a guardian virtue (but for just you) where activating the skill will immediately put the effect on you IE: Utility Goggles makes you immune to next blind every 30 seconds or so, but if you activate it it goes on a CD (i'd say double the time it takes for passive to actually occur) but puts the passive on you immediately so you could chain em back to back in times of need.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep thinking Engineers should get to wield Maces in either hand, and get tech-themed skills with them.

You know what sucks on Engineer? The Harpoon gun. What a pain in the ass!

Totally pointless to do anything but 1 with a harpoon gun. Fuck off, underwater combat.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-08 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    You know what sucks on Engineer? The Harpoon gun. What are pain in the ass!

Totally pointless to do anything but 1 with a harpoon gun. Fuck off, underwater combat.
    Angry woman aggro! Run!

10+ Year Old Account
    Angry woman aggro! Run!
    Run into the water, she won't follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I keep thinking Engineers should get to wield Maces in either hand, and get tech-themed skills with them.
    I'd love anything honestly. Though I kind of want swords due to my being a shaman in WoW and never being able to use them.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

You know what sucks on Engineer? The Harpoon gun. What are pain in the ass!

My sentiments exactly. Water combat feels a bit unbalanced as it was anyway, had no trouble taking down a Champion Fishthingy with just the 1 button and strafe-swimming. I didnt get hit a single time, still took more then 5min to actually kill that thing.

The rest of the abilities reminded me a lot of real fishing. You had to try and bait someone actually get hit by your stuff. The grapple's main purpose for me, granted i didnt do a lot of water combat because i personally just dont enjoy it, was to drag people into my stuff. Wasnt really amazed by the results.