Deleted

Arcane mage, Ultraxion

Hello there,

Yesterday we have downed Ultraxion HC finally, but i felt like i was slacking duo my low dps on it.

I`ve got a world of logs file, so can anyone help me out what i am doing wrong.

Here is our log of the kill, i dont know how to look at world of logs, so here i post the kill of the boss.

My char his name is Magenater , Arcane mage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=4154&e=4485

Thanks for looking at it, and I will be waiting for reviews.

first, the meta gem is wrong, u need the gems with increased crit damage and intelect.
    2-some of your pieces arent reforged for mastery, u should reforge every crit for mastery.
    3-never gem a piece for the bonus if the bonus is lower than +30 int (ex: your chest, put 2 X 40 int will give you 80 int. instead of 60. remember, 1 intelect is around 3 X better than any stats! )
    4-drop herbalism and pick up a raiding profession, ( you are attempting heroic content, you MUST get all possible stats)

you have lowish gear and 25k is not that bad for that gear level, (you should be at 30k with really good rotation).

i HATE world of log so i will let the other mages analyse it :P

Ps: english is my 3rd language... forgive me
    Last edited by mageakeem; 2012-02-14 at 02:26 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of lavawalker on boots for Precision (50 hit). Even 50 mastery is better as a mage, especially arcane. You almost never move, and when you do it's with blink.

You're about 900 haste higher than is ideal. You reforged out of 432 mastery (best stat) and into haste (worst stat by far), even though you have your t13 set to give another 500 passive haste.

Take the 3% crit effect meta gem (Burning Shadowspirit Diamon) instead on your helm.

From a brief look at the log, neither of your mana gems lined up with Arcane Power (you should stack buffs during burn phases as they scale with each other). You also forgot to use one at the end as you can fit 3 gems into a 5:30 fight (at after 15 seconds, 2:15, 4:15).

Probably more that I've missed, but familiarise yourself with the arcane compendium. It should contain most of what you need to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
    Get rid of lavawalker on boots for Precision (50 hit). Even 50 mastery is better as a mage, especially arcane. You almost never move, and when you do it's with blink.

You're about 900 haste higher than is ideal. You reforged out of 432 mastery (best stat) and into haste (worst stat by far), even though you have your t13 set to give another 500 passive haste.

Take the 3% crit effect meta gem (Burning Shadowspirit Diamon) instead on your helm.

From a brief look at the log, neither of your mana gems lined up with Arcane Power (you should stack buffs during burn phases as they scale with each other). You also forgot to use one at the end as you can fit 3 gems into a 5:30 fight (at after 15 seconds, 2:15, 4:15).

Probably more that I've missed, but familiarise yourself with the arcane compendium. It should contain most of what you need to know.
    Okey, thanks for the most information, reforging most to mastery now. Nvm i did wrong read it about the moving part.
    Last edited by mmoc623e5a17cf; 2012-02-14 at 07:01 PM.

your arcane blast is doing 30k avg and 50k crit OO abit low i think?

Deleted
    Hmm, I think i had way to low Mastery, Since we have 5% haste buff, and I got 4 piece of T13, i reforged some haste back into mastery, should be better now I hope.
    I got atm 1267 haste, that is the softcap with 5% haste buff+T13, and a lot more of mastery.

Arcane mages expend their mana by spamming ABx4 to approx. 34% and then use Evocation. I see that Evocation was used directly after a misaligned AP+Mana gem (should be used together), and that the AB stacks got reset 3 times during that time. The rest of the encounter is off too.

Even with the reforge/regemming, DPS won't increase without a better understanding of the Arcane mage playstyle. I recommend a very thorough reading the Arcane Mage compendium.

Deleted
    Done a lot already, Just downed Madness of DW as arcane, Gonna play fire though the next times. But as I reforged, and changed a lot. I do 39612 dps now, and it was last week 32632k. Its an inscrease of 7000k. Just because of some single refoges, i had way to much haste, didn`t went a signle time OOM. thanks especially Sparkly, that realised me i had way to much haste. Well, Its good to have as offspec and for ultra HC the next time.