Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    6, 4, 7, and 9 are the ones I always enjoyed the most. Can still play any of them today and still enjoy a play though.

10+ Year Old Account
    VII for the PC actually still has a community modding the game. If you get a chance, look into it.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12636.0
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

I'll pass on that. Gimme FFVII or FFVIII or FFIV remakes !

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people need to take classes on the resources it takes to make/remaster/remake games. Always unrest that isn't founded, FFVII would be remade if it was worht the trouble. The fanbase probably is still sending in letters. It would have been remade by fans if SE would let them...Poor Chrono Trigger remake.

Making a PS1 game HD is far different than PS2. Further compounded by how FFVII was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Congelatore View Post
    On all of the ranking lists I have seen, 7 always ranks higher than X. More often than not, 9 does as well.
    --- GAMERANKINGS RANKINGS ---

Final Fantasy III -

93.68%

Final Fantasy IX

93.32%

Final Fantasy VII

92.10%

Final Fantasy X

91.84%

Note: FFX had about 6 times more reviews than FFVII. And their difference is minimal. Also, FFIX is above FFVII.

--- IGN RANKINGS ---

9.5 on both.

It's hard to judge which is better than the other. I believe people like them for the exact same reason: they were the first games of their specific console lifetime. They were the vast improvements compared to the previous games.

When I say, in my posts, that I see X as the most successful is mainly due to what I watch on the web, from players themselves (not from ratings on websites).

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    FFX is ranked 3rd in sales worldwide.
    And Final Fantasy VIII has sold 2 million more copies than FFX. Does that make it twice as good?
    (FFVIII is actually my favourite in the series, but judging them by sales is pretty stupid)

I don't think this needs doing really. FFX is fine to play on the PS2, what's the reasoning for it to be remastered for the vita? Just a cheap cash-in really, won't buy it.

I think a lot of people are going to be left a bit disappointed when playing it again too. It plays like an interactive story book with some battles in between, with long sections of "corridor-fest" which everyone criticizes FFXIII for. It's certainly a long way from the Final Fantasy games before it and personally, definitely not one of my favourites.

Deleted
    This is pretty cool, though honestly the graphics of FFX hold up pretty well if you ask me.

Also lol at the people trashing the game. "OMFG FF4 was a trillion times better I am so edgy." I've played through FF4, and FF5 and 6, 6 may well have been better, but 4 and 5? I think that may just be nostalgia talking; their plots were "gather crystals, save the world" with a few bells and whistles. I love those games but I can't objectively type that they are better games than FFX without breaking out in stupid rash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    This is pretty cool, though honestly the graphics of FFX hold up pretty well if you ask me.

Also lol at the people trashing the game. "OMFG FF4 was a trillion times better I am so edgy." I've played through FF4, and FF5 and 6, 6 may well have been better, but 4 and 5? I think that may just be nostalgia talking; their plots were "gather crystals, save the world" with a few bells and whistles. I love those games but I can't objectively type that they are better games than FFX without breaking out in stupid rash.
    I can't remember FFX storyline... something about a son pmsing about his deadbeat dad....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account

/thread

Such an awful game. Worst of the "old" (FF10 and below) FF games out there.

Why?

The best characters die and the hero isnt even fucking real, hes a character in a dream. What a slap in the face!

The ending completely ruined the 100+ hours I sunk into the game.

Screw this game, remake FF7. Lazy ass Square. What a great company they used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Such an awful game. Worst of the "old" (FF10 and below) FF games out there.

Why?

The best characters die and the hero isnt even fucking real, hes a character in a dream. What a slap in the face!

The ending completely ruined the 100+ hours I sunk into the game.

Screw this game, remake FF7. Lazy ass Square. What a great company they used to be...
    If you played the game the ending was expected, not much else you could of done since Tidus was already dead. He either stays dead or they live happily ever after (which they do in x-2).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Final Fantasy VII would never stand its own against todays games compared to Final Fantasy X. FFVII is one of the worlds most overrated games ever.
    Do you know what overrated means? I am pretty sure you don't. Here is a link so you can educate yourself http://www.thefreedictionary.com/overrated

Also 2 more links... so you can educate yourself.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...inal-fantasy-x

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...al-fantasy-vii

Also about FF7:

The PlayStation Network release of the game was downloaded 100,000 times during its first two weeks of release, making it the fastest-selling PlayStation game on the PlayStation Network.[68] As of May 2010, the game has sold 10 million copies worldwide. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII)

10 million copies... totally overrated eh?

FF VIII remaster plz
    <<insert funny stuff here>>

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you played the game the ending was expected, not much else you could of done since Tidus was already dead. He either stays dead or they live happily ever after (which they do in x-2).
    Tidus does not die, he jumps off the plane and fades away. He was never real, he was a figment of the dreamers imagination. Im talking about Auron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Do you know what overrated means? I am pretty sure you don't. Here is a link so you can educate yourself http://www.thefreedictionary.com/overrated

Also 2 more links... so you can educate yourself.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...inal-fantasy-x

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...al-fantasy-vii

Also about FF7:

The PlayStation Network release of the game was downloaded 100,000 times during its first two weeks of release, making it the fastest-selling PlayStation game on the PlayStation Network.[68] As of May 2010, the game has sold 10 million copies worldwide. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII)

10 million copies... totally overrated eh?
    Yes, most people do actually overrate it. It was a great game but people chalk it up to more than it is. What can you expect out of fanatics though. The person you posted this for was one of the opposite side of the spectrum but in a way was right. I don't need to explain any further because you already posted the definition so I am sure you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    --- GAMERANKINGS RANKINGS ---

Final Fantasy III -

93.68%
    By III do they mean FFVI (JP) or FFIII (JP)? VI has always been my favorite.

X was a game I didn't appreciate until the second play through. The first time through I raged about the on-rails style of play and lack of an overworld. The second time through I just played it for the story and appreciated it a lot more. I liked the ending, they didn't pull some silly stunt to make it happily ever after (although they did pull an entire other game out of their arses... but that's another story).
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

For all those wanting to know why they didn't make a VII remake, here is an interview (recent!) with the director for both FFVII and FFXIII. He basically said he would love to do it, but to recreate the entirety of VII in the same graphical quality of XIII, he estimated it would take ten times longer to make it than it took to make XIII, without cutting corners. It would basically be a massive undertaking.

Full interview, http://www.oxm.co.uk/36521/interview...y-feel/?page=2

In regards to X HD, I'm very excited. Loved the game, though it wasn't my favorite of the series. I'm mostly excited because of the difficulty in obtaining a working copy of FFX now. I have one disc, but it's in rough shape, so I can't play the whole game. I'll be able to have the full game again!
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they did FFIX HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieke View Post
    FF VIII remaster plz
    This please

I'd rather they did FFIX HD.
    It doen't even need it much, I booted it up a few months ago. Was still amazed by the cinematics and graphics was still holding.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am one of few people on this Earth that would swoon with FFT being made in high-end graphics. I know we have war of the lions but...

I hope FFX has the added PAL stuff for American players!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.