10+ Year Old Account

[Character Bio] - Talingos

Name: Talingos
    Race: Frostwyrm (Deceased Blue Dragon)
    Class: Frost Mage

Languages: Draconic, Common, Gutterspeak

Faction: Forsaken (Previously the Scourge, and Pre-Death, the Blue Dragonflight)

Personality: Talingos still lacks much of a personality, as he is still getting used to his free will, though he is an intellectual at no doubt, and prefers conversation with smarter types.

Likes/Dislikes: Again, not having spent much time with a free conscious, Talingos lacks much of what we would consider likes and dislikes. He knows that he enjoys reading and absorbing knowledge, and he also knows that he cares not for drinking or otherwise "obnoxious" behavior.

Appearance: In his true form, Talingos exists as many other Frostwyrms would, with some slight key differences. For one, he retained his slender form, characteristic of all Blue Dragons, but his size is still that of the average Dragon. His glow is a purple/navy mixture in hue, and is slightly brighter than the average Frostwyrm. His bones are a scorched gray, instead of a bleached white, due to his skeleton being engulfed in flames during a battle held over his Boneyard. In his "mortal" form, he resembles a forsaken. He wears a full robe, of a deep navy, that can be mistaken for black in the right light. The robe reaches down passed his feat, and he has a large hood that covers much of his face. His eyes glow with a cyan fire, reflective of his true form. He carries a staff made from jet black wood, that is crooked in many places, but burns top to bottom in the same cyan flames.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Talingos, while not knowing this is the reason, kept much of his Blue Dragon fighting style. He attacks from the air, using powerful control of magics to fend of his enemies. He is powerful in the use of Arcane and Frost magics, and extremely offensive. His wicked attacks can devastate foes in seconds. However, Talingos is known for getting overzealous, and all too often he will put himself in danger, only to find he can barely escape death for a second time.

History: Towards the end of the War of the Ancients, much of the Blue Dragonflight had fallen in combat, and Korialstrasz teleported himself to the icy caverns of the Blue Dragonflight. There, while searching for survivors, he only came across a small set of eggs. Knowing that these eggs were the only hope for a continuation of his flight, Korialstrasz transported them into a "pocket universe" where time moved ever so slowly. The many years spent in this universe, though it was much less time in Azeroth, caused the eggs to develop a deep, concentrated unity with the frozen environment. This time spent in the frigid climate infused the eggs with powerful frost magics, that would be concentrated through their already innate control over the Arcane. Talingos would be one of the Blues to emerge from these eggs eventually, and he would grow into a mighty spell-weaver, just as all his kin would.

Years later, during the Battle of Grim Batol, Talingos found himself alongside his leader, Malygos, and the other Dragon Aspects, along with what was left of his flight, and many from the others. Their mission was to fight Deathwing, and Talingos would stop at nothing to see the killer of his brood go down in agony. During the great battle, Talingos got overzealous, and came in too close to Deathwing. Attempting a mighty frozen flame attack, the Blue Dragon caught a wild fireball to his right flank. Screaching in pain, Talingos fell to the ground, but managed to escape before death had claimed him.

Knowing the wound was fatal, Talingos, as customary of the Dragonflights, flew to Northrend to die in the great Boneyards of his passed kin. Landing gently in a thick patch of snow, surrounded by bones of his ancestors, Talingos laid there for days, until Death finally came to claim his soul, and his last bit of air escaped his lungs. It would be here that he would lay, dormant and deteriorating for decades to come.

Eventually, the Age of the Lich King would rise up, and Arthas scoured the Boneyards to find worthy Dragon-kin to raise up for his army of undeath. Coming up upon the remains of Talingos, Arthas stopped and studied the bones. The skeleton had been engulfed in flames years before during a great battle, and the gray hue was to the Lich King's liking. Choosing these bones, Arthas raised Talingos once more, into a mighty Frostwyrm. Wailing in euphoria, Talingos pointed his gullet to the sky, let out a blaring roar, and shot blue flames 40 yards straight into the air. Unaware of his past life, Talingos breathed, lived, and died to serve his new master.

Thousands of mortals would fall under Talingos' wrath, before the day the Lich King would fall. On that day, along with the rest of the Scourge army, Talingos fought with recklessness and obedience, as he used all his might to fend off the foes of the Lich King. Eventually, hundreds of Holy warriors would use the power of Light to bring Talingos down, and subdue him long enough to continue advancing. The same fate befell many of the other Frostwyrms, and the great beast was forced to watch in failure as the armies of good marched in on his leader.

Then it happened, in a split second after Arthas breathed his last breath, and his soul was purged of the Lich King's hold, Talingos and his kin were freed. He grunted, looked to his left, and to his right. Using his free will for the first time in thousands of years, he hammered his wings against the air like a great battering ram against a tall gate, and rocketed upwards in delight. Flying aimlessly for days, Talingos finally landed somewhere in the Borean Tunda, deciding that he needed an identity. All knowledge of his previous life as a Dragon was lost to him, as it was to all Frostwyrms, but his intelligence was still abundant, and he knew that if he wanted to live a life of free will, he would need a disguise to do so. Choosing by happenstance his previous choice of a mortal form, he morphed into a human. Though, unlike in his passed life, he did not have skin or organ, similar to his Frostwyrm form, but rather resembled a Forsaken. Agreeing with himself that his was fine, Talingos travelled to Undercity to make a life for himself there.

Choosing not to draw much attention to himself, Talingos never really explained where he came from, but rather claimed a small cot in Undercity, and spends his days reading in the great library there, hoping to study more of the Arcane and of Frost. He burns inside, waiting for the day he can once more return to his true form, and wreak havoc on his foes, but for now, he waits in infinite patience, quietly anticipating that day to come.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2015-07-27 at 04:24 AM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay dead dragons!

Interesting... I like it.

I kinda feel bad for him. Death by Deathwing, not a good way to go (as my alts can bear testimony to).

Actually pretty cool sounding, though I don't know much about the frostwyrm lore outside of undead dragon skeletons.

Only thing that throws me off is can a frost wyrm turn into a moral form, I tended to imagine outside of the particularly powerful ones (see Sindragosa) would be unable to even think much beyond mindless destruction minus directions from the Lich King. (Basically no better than the typical zombie, which is why there needed to be a jailor of the damned)

Thats just me though, and it mostly due to my lack of experience on the frost wyrm lore.

EDIT: Looked up some of it, actually they are smarter than I thought, still kinda wondering about the mortal form though.
    Last edited by Requiemcliff; 2012-02-15 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Clarification.

The way I see it is that the ability to take a mortal form is a transformation spell. The question, then, is whether or not frost wyrms, undead dragons, are able to use this magic. I would say those under the Lich King are restricted to only their breath magics, but I dont think that those who are free would have such problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya Requiemcliff, I checked with Madgod before making this character with the whole mortal form thing. I didn't want to stray too far from what seemed reasonable, which is why I chose undead, but looking back on it, I suppose it is a spell, and realistically he could take any form, but nonetheless I like what I did. Thanks for the feedback guys! This was definitely harder and took much more research than my other characters but I'm sooooo pumped about it.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk