Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    Conclusion: Maw caps at 12 targets. Spreadsheet says 13 in screenshot but after eliminating the outliers circled in red that becomes 12. If you're in a 10-man on an ideal fight with favorable stacking I'll assume you can average 8 targets per proc when it matters. Then you'd be losing a third of maw's baseline HPS from 25-man (or from the other point of view: maw is 50% better in 25 than 10). I used to see cleansing flames coming in at 2500 HPS after overheal when I was doing 25, so in 10 man it should give you around 1600 HPS on favorable fights. Stats on heroic scalpel are worth on the order of 1k-1.5k HPS burst for heavy AoE (some fraction of that sustained).

Again it winds up to be a decision between controllable throughput and higher baseline HPS. Certainly in 10 there are fewer situations where you'll actually be able to get that cone with an average of 8 people standing in it, so having a macro to switch between the two would be ideal.

Great info, thank you.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maw is going to be stronger. The only time that I can see other wep's being better is on warmaster, zon'ozz black phase (depending on strat and (maybe) hagara.

Don'T forget that positioning with maw is easier than for that paladin spell. It has a wider cone and hits people around you as well, not just those in the cone in front of you.

Deleted
    It helps to give healers a raid marker as well for positioning.
    So the dps always knows they in front of us healers.

It helps the dps to spot where u are and it helps me self seeing where i am as im always zoomed out to the max and im a gnome.