Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Program to track CPU and GPU usage simultaniously?

Some program that tracks CPU and GPU usage during games easily?
    Over a period of time.

MSI After burner and Asus Probe both do this if i am not mistaken.

Deleted
    Correct me if im wrong...
    but i cant use _MSI_ afterburner on my Sapphire card...
    not working atleast

I use MSI afterburner on 2x XFX cards so I wouldn't see why not. It accesses the sensors and if any companies are not going to be super duper proprietorial its MSI/Asus/Sapphire/XFX/BFG/thelistgoeson.jpg

Give it a whirl, its a 30 second install and if it doesnt work it wont hurt your machine at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSI Afterburner works on every modern card, the brand doesn't matter.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    MSI Afterburner works on every modern card, the brand doesn't matter.
    The graphs do. The overclocking capabilities do not.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    ^correct-o-mundo

Afterburner shows my VRAM usage wrong.

Maybe you know your vram usage wrong. Check your math twice, then yell at the software that accesses your OS and mobostatics directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Afterburner shows my VRAM usage wrong.
    Yeah, I think VRAM has been a bit goofy as of late on Afterburner, I think we found that out a week ago didn't we

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek771 View Post
    Maybe you know your vram usage wrong. Check your math twice, then yell at the software that accesses your OS and mobostatics directly.
    No, I remember there was a problem with his/her's reporting. BF3, max, 1080p was reporting like 500mb of VRAM useage with 2 cards. It's really more like 1.5GB.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

If I'm not mistaken, that may be a conflict of MSI running a 32bit system with 7 and vista compatability mode enabled, IDK if they made a 64 bit I havent used it in a while.

Deleted
    Yeah well as i said. afterburner wont even start for me.

Asus probe or EVGA precision - same story diffrent company - give it a whirl.

Deleted
    Sorry. But since when did EVGA precision track CPU usage over a period of time...?
    And damn. It doesnt even track GPU Usage either by the way

edit: Sure i could just alt tab out of a game to Task Manager and GPU-Z to see the usage of my CPU and GPU
    But my point is that is there a program that lets me do this easier

You know... that after a game i can just check that... my CPU usage was AVG/MAX for example 90%...
    and same for my 6870
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2012-02-15 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Task manager really isn't a very accurate means of measuring CPU usage unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    gpu-z ?...
    You must not have read the thread title portion that said "CPU" and the word "simultaneously"

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek771 View Post
    MSI After burner and Asus Probe both do this if i am not mistaken.
    Is there a way for those to show the numbers in game. I have been using afterburner but to get any ifo I have to tab out which obviously changes the numbers and really just leaves me to guess work.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Yeah, I think VRAM has been a bit goofy as of late on Afterburner, I think we found that out a week ago didn't we

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 08:00 AM ----------

No, I remember there was a problem with his/her's reporting. BF3, max, 1080p was reporting like 500mb of VRAM useage with 2 cards. It's really more like 1.5GB.
    You got it. My actual usage is something in the 1100s typically at 1080p. GPU-Z shows this, but Afterburner shows the same as the GPU gadget does for VRAM. So far, the only thing Afterburner gets right is my clock speed, voltage, and usage.

Deleted
    Thanks Synthaxx