Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't like it, but as seeing how the majority of people don't care, it would be nice to know if the money is going towards making more content instead of in the pockets of bobby and his shareholders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Bingo.

This dragon puts every other mounts in the game to shame. Ponies, headless, rockets included. No joke.

On a proper trolling board this news item would have the Slippery slope tag attached to it.
    Course it does, why would they sell a mount that's uglier than a game mount? I will continue to use my earned frostbrood drake.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care that people have them. I still think it's a pretty bad purchase though, considering how high it is. At least the horse armour in Oblivion was fairly low cost, but considering the flak that got, I never would have thought anybody could get away with cosmetic stuff at this price.

Deleted
    My opinion is,
    1. The money it provides should be partly spended on new content to statisfy the community ofcourse. (But ofcourse they can keep some for themselves. Hey they worked hard on this they want a reward aswell)
    2. The mounts and pets should also be able to get somehow in game, Make a hard achievement or something.
    3. Everyone should be able to get it, Even casual players, So the achievement I mentioned above should be something you can solo.
    P.S. I didn't vote because none is completly what I think
    Last edited by mmoc2b16b89ac8; 2012-02-16 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Haha, fair enough, troll. If you choose to not put up any decent arguments and merely spout nonsense, I'm through with you.
    I'll pick up this argument with one point, i will only point this out once, then I am off to the lock forums. In a game were we play in a reskinned raid, with reskinned rooms, against reskinned bosses, using old character models. I would have rather them make one of these aspects as well done as that dragon. over the dragon. that is the issue people have with this mount, they aren't jelly. It's not that they can't affored it. It's that VANITY is taking away from parts of the game we pay to play for.

We fight against a orc and a tauren.. just mull that over, then log on over to see what the gorefiend model looks like. Gorefiend could have been a orc. but he got a amazingly done model.Illidan could have been a elf, but no. So chew on that
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did get the banana dragon gifted to me, however my favourite mounts are still my Bloodbathed which I earned when it was current, and my DW mount(nothing like working for a mount imo.)
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    Me too lol.

Need a: "Moar powa to them!" option. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    This dragon puts every other mounts in the game to shame. Ponies, headless, rockets included. No joke.
    Really? Personally I can't stand it. I think the mount is ugly. It's garish to look at, and I imagine it'll go out of fashion faster than the star pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    My opinion is,
    1. The money it provides should be partly spended on new content to statisfy the community ofcourse. (But ofcourse they can keep some for themselves. Hey they worked hard on this they want a reward aswell)
    2. The mounts and pets should also be able to get somehow in game, Make a hard achievement or something.
    3. Everyone should be able to get it, Even casual players, So the achievement I mentioned above should be something you can solo.
    I see what your saying but I'm just curious as to WHY everyone should be able to get it? Whats the reasoning that you should be able to get it?

Those mounts/pets are nothing but a quick cashgrab, in a game where people are required to subscribe and pay monthly to play.
    I'm even surprised this isn't massively shunned upon, like the real id fiasco.
    It is beyond me, I cannot wrap my head around this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongomadness View Post
    Idd , even more so when people comment on what other people do with THERE OWN money, like its anyone else's fucking buisness.
    Dont understand though why people hate on the store, why give a shit? i mean some people act like the blizzard store puts a curse on them if they dont buy anything, makes them feel guilty or something lol
    okay, since werebison wants logic, lets give him some.

Blizzard have already stated that they have "limited resources to develop new content". i could link to the quote, but frankly cant be bothered. its out there, google it. this isnt opinion, its a statement of fact.

they are now producing content that they are selling for money in their store. again, a statement of fact.

that store content is presumably being created using part of their "limited resources". not a fact, a supposition. you can argue against this if you wish.

as a result of store content being created, there are less resources left to create content for those people that dont want to pay money to Blizzard on top of box fees and subscriptions.

so you people that are "spending you own money they way you want" are having a direct impact on the amount of content available for the rest of the players. do you begin to see why this might upset people like me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read all the responses and both perspectives have valid points. My opinion is that I do not mind mounts that are available for purchase; mounts and pets are luxuries, just like World of Warcraft. It is not necessary to buy the pets or mounts, therefore I think it's alright that they are selling them. I own every pet from the pet store and the Winged Guardian mount; I do want the new Heart of the Aspects mount (but not the Celestial Steed).

It's a great idea from a marketing/business perspective also. If I have the extra cash, I do not mind buying it as it is a luxury, not a necessity.

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    okay, since werebison wants logic, lets give him some.

Blizzard have already stated that they have "limited resources to develop new content". i could link to the quote, but frankly cant be bothered. its out there, google it. this isnt opinion, its a statement of fact.

they are now producing content that they are selling for money in their store. again, a statement of fact.

that store content is presumably being created using part of their "limited resources". not a fact, a supposition. you can argue against this if you wish.

as a result of store content being created, there are less resources left to create content for those people that dont want to pay money to Blizzard on top of box fees and subscriptions.

so you people that are "spending you own money they way you want" are having a direct impact on the amount of content available for the rest of the players. do you begin to see why this might upset people like me?
    This is a good summation of the opposing view. Wish more people posted logically rather than raging. I don't completely agree, as I think all they did was steal the model for a mount they're using in MOP, so they're simply making the MOP mount "less special", but certainly the work they've put into making it unique from the MOP mount (coloring, etc - it'd have to be different) certainly comes from these "limited resources".
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by plosion View Post
    Those mounts/pets are nothing but a quick cashgrab, in a game where people are required to subscribe and pay monthly to play.
    I'm even surprised this isn't massively shunned upon, like the real id fiasco.
    It is beyond me, I cannot wrap my head around this.
    If people have the cash on hand to pay for something THEY WANT, that has no competitive advantage in the game why should they not be able to buy it? How can you not wrap your head around people demand stuff and a company supplies the demand for a price?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    I see what your saying but I'm just curious as to WHY everyone should be able to get it? Whats the reasoning that you should be able to get it?
    In my opinion that's more fair to different people. (I bought the new one already so I dont really mind.) But everyone should be atleast be able to achieve the same right? And if your not that rich and you can't effort it there should be an other way to get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'll pick up this argument with one point, i will only point this out once, then I am off to the lock forums. In a game were we play in a reskinned raid, with reskinned rooms, against reskinned bosses, using old character models. I would have rather them make one of these aspects as well done as that dragon. over the dragon. that is the issue people have with this mount, they aren't jelly. It's not that they can't affored it. It's that VANITY is taking away from parts of the game we pay to play for.

We fight against a orc and a tauren.. just mull that over, then log on over to see what the gorefiend model looks like. Gorefiend could have been a orc. but he got a amazingly done model.Illidan could have been a elf, but no. So chew on that
    I can certainly see your point there. I know how upset folks were about the boss models for DS. And honestly, I tend to agree on that point. I wouldn't even mind that they were an orc and a tauren if they looked a bit different. But yeah, Warmaster Blackhorn could almost have been any random Tauren in DK-style gear. It is kinda sad that the only orcs who have seen changes are Thrall and Garrosh. Hell, Garrosh even got TWO updates, I believe.

And I know that some people don't like the fact that Dragonblight was "rehashed" for Dragon Soul. I actually really liked it, though. We have so few outdoor raids, and from a lore perspective, it was nice to fight in an area that we've quested in previously.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Go back 5 or 6 years and Blizzard would of put this mount in game as a rare drop off an endgame boss or as an exalted reward from a long but fun grind for a certain faction. The point is that your subscription to the game allowed you to get every item designed for it in game if you worked for it. When they came out with the first pet on the cash shop there were hundreds of threads completely outraged that Blizzard would do something like that in addition to a subscription and that it was a slippery slope they were on and surprise surprise, a couple of years later and we are paying basically two months of subscription fees for a single mount or better yet close to the cost of an expansion for a single mount.

Also, like other people have said this is a brand new model which means some effort went into making it. Effort that should of been used on game content or updating the races but no, we get lame excuses like they don't have enough time or manpower to do it, then we get these cash shop mounts.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it doesn't exactly give an advantage over game, Soooo It's not much of an issue personally. So I couldn't careless of what people spend their money on; It's there money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its likely we will get a reskin of banana dragon in Pandaria, something with more bareable colors.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    If people have the cash on hand to pay for something THEY WANT, that has no competitive advantage in the game why should they not be able to buy it? How can you not wrap your head around people demand stuff and a company supplies the demand for a price?
    And do you understand the opposing view that for each of these vanity items produced, less content is produced for the primary game? I'm actually starting to come around to that pov, despite buying every vanity item I've been able to up until this point... I'd like it if the sales of the mount were able to be directly linked to additional ingame content, however from the last few store sales we've seen less alternative in-game modelling. It's kinda backwards at the moment.

EDIT: Of course, it all goes into the same big money pot, so sales directly affect future content that is released. I wish they'd actually spend longer between expansions and put more content into patches. Some Vanilla and BC patches brought large amounts of new content. It seems to have been reducing ever since. Granted, a huge amount of work went into Cataclysm - re-doing the world and just about every quest in the entirety of Azeroth. But from what I've seen of MoP there's limited new land. I expect incredible raids and amazing content patches.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2012-02-16 at 08:14 PM.