Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I don't like Blizzard doing it, and certainly won't buy anything from them. Especially if they keep re-using skeletons/animations for all the mounts.
    For such a profitable thing they could have had one of their animators come up with something new. Takes just a couple of days for a professional to animate a creature, I've been told.
    ITs actually the first new mount skeleton they have done in like... forever.

Couldn't care less. As long as it's all cosmetic, I don't care. One could argue that the mounts give a slight benefit since you never have a to buy a mount again on any character, but as long as they don't start selling gear or extra-special flasks or whatever, it doesn't bother me in the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    New mount should have been the Heroic DW mount while the Meta, Rare normal DW mount, and current heroic DW mounts (as well as the 4th aspect of which no mount exists) should have been offered as a package deal on the blizz store.
    this, but who would buy the piece of crap mounts u get for the achiev..

Deleted
    I don't buy them myself, it doesn't bother me that others choose to buy them though.

couldn't care less if they'd produce worthwhile content while throwing out those shitty mounts and pets.

My opinion on this is for 20 Euros its not worth it. Another money making scheme like the Annual Pass. Sucking even more money from their subscribers and making a profit, while still producing stale, recycled content and producing less content than ever while making promises they dont deliver on.

I wouldnt be complaining if Blizzard had put more less-recycled content into Cataclysm. Very disappointed. Defintly not supporting them and wont be buying one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with Blizzard selling mounts and companions, it's a business, selling things is what they do. Personally, aside from my subsription fee, I will never spend any of my real cashy money on WoW. I did not vote on the poll, though, because some of the options are too similar to really provide any useful insight and the "Would Like To See The Profits Used For Content" bit is just superfluous.

I don't really have a problem with them. If people want to spend their money on them, more power to them.

I do however have an issue with the fact that the content they're charging for is taking away from the average player. Considering they make such a big deal about resources and development time, spending those resources on them does seem like a massive waste. I also am not sure exactly how they can't just add more people and make things better. I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me if you have a crew of 10 working on one zone, and instead hire 100 to do that same job, there's no way that they won't be able to do it faster.

Deleted
    There were 2 things I was worried about when the pet store launched.

1) They would release far too much onto it, in an attempt to bleed the customer.
    2) All the decent looking mounts and pets would go onto it.

And far those 2 points, so far, the concerns have been unwarranted. There are now 3 Mounts, 2 of which I wouldn't want, and I am sure I will get sick of the sight of the 3rd one soon enough. And a Handful of pets. They seem to be releasing things onto it around every 6 months, and have raised a fair amount of cash for the Make A Wish come true foundation(which are the only pets I have bought). As long as they don't start ramping up pet and mount releases, and the Store only caters for in game items that do NOT offer any sort of in game advantage or gold, then I will remain firmly on the "Don't really care" side of the fench.

Deleted
    If people want to waste their money, let them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

I've personally not got a problem with the mount itself or fact it's being sold. It's something that gives no in-game advantage at all and is purely cosmetic and for the buyers visual benefit. Granted my only problem is that I'd like to see the profits used on content as the profit from such an item must be rather large.
    What exactly do you think the money would be used for? To fill a swimming pool full of dollar bills so that everyone can go for a swim. Also, your poll has 3 options that are essentially "I don't mind".

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me if you have a crew of 10 working on one zone, and instead hire 100 to do that same job, there's no way that they won't be able to do it faster.
    Yep, your not a programmer. 10 REALLY talented programmers are far more efficent then 100 average programmers. Why do you think when most companys get their hands on one of the really talented ones they will do everything they can to keep them.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was looking forward to this mount being a heroic raid mount (ofc i would never get it) as this would mean it was rare and looked great. However, seen as though theres now about four flying around Org/SW it looks gaudy, and in a 40-44 bg with taurens on them it looks terrible. RIP promising mount, i had high hopes for you. I also point blank refuse to buy from the store, I already pay a subscription.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I don't get it...
    Nerf everything so that everyone gets the gear model good players work hard for, then turn around and make a new model mount, the first in about 3 years only available for purchase...

Kinda a slap in the face for the guys who bust his ass to complete the raid achievements...