Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm tired of the motherfucking PC controls in my motherfucking console games.
    That might be the first time anyone has ever uttered that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That might be the first time anyone has ever uttered that phrase.
    At least he didn't mean it!

as long as i can continue to enjoy my pc version of the game, and can still ignore all the idiots (wether they're using a pc or console version) i meet, i don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    At least he didn't mean it!
    What makes you think i didn't?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

its not confirmed. they are thinking about it

Deleted
    As long as it doesnt affect the gameplay (they make the PC version a console port) and they have their own servers (see DCUO) then I am cool with it. Would actually be pretty cool if I could buy one version and access the other. Would give me a never ending RPG to play on my PS3 once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    as long as i can continue to enjoy my pc version of the game, and can still ignore all the idiots (wether they're using a pc or console version) i meet, i don't care.
    "Why does this guy keep pulling random crap? Why isn't he saying anything? Did he just T-bag his dead group member?"
    C-C-C-CONSOLE'D.

Unless there is a 'good' ingame voip. Then you'll hear him. Oh, you'll hear him.
    Another thing, if console + PC versions are not segregated, and there is voip, it will be a wasted feature for me.. as mine will be off 24/7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    8 Buttons for skills, 1 Button for dodge, WASD for movement all translate easily into the following console controls.
    10 skills. 5 weapon skills, 1 heal skill, 3 utility and an elite skill. You also need stuff like weapon swapping, interaction/revive/finish him and I really wonder how you use your character panel and chat panel etc on a console. Start --> list with all panels? Right stick movement + using A,B,Y,X attack skills might also prove to be rather difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate people who whine for the sake of it.

Deleted
    "Why does this guy keep pulling random crap? Why isn't he saying anything? Did he just T-bag his dead group member?"
    C-C-C-CONSOLE'D.

Unless there is a 'good' ingame voip. Then you'll hear him. Oh, you'll hear him.
    Another thing, if console + PC versions are not segregated, and there is voip, it will be a wasted feature for me.. as mine will be off 24/7.
    If it'd be a good voip, you could just mute everyone who's full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I kind of like this idea, I am probably the exception though. I will most likely get it on PC but I have friends who would prefer console games because of carpal tunnel making it difficult to use mouse and keyboard.

Also GW2 on Kinect with arm flailing dragon hunting? I would go buy a xbox in a heartbeat.
    If you play an asura and want to /laugh, do you have to roll on the floor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets take Battlefield 3 as an example.
    People play it on PC against other people on PC.
    People play it on console against other people on console.
    What kind of idiot PC gamer would refuse to play the game because people that have nothing to do with you also play it on console.

Getting upset that GW2 is also available on console is like getting upset that it's also available in Spanish.

C-C-C-CONSOLE'D.

if a game activates voip by default, then it's definitely badly designed if you ask me.

and idiots will remain idiots no matter what platform they're using to play. and if i get to play with some console users that just sucks, i'll just do the very same thing as i will with pc users : ignore him and let him deal with his own crap. the way gw2 is meant to be, it shouldn't take long for him to be downed if no one helps him.

I was only wondering the other day if GW2 would work with a joypad. The closest game in style that Ive played would be DC Universe Online and I preferred to play that with a joypad than my mouse and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    What kind of idiot PC gamer would refuse to play the game because people that have nothing to do with you also play it on console.

Getting upset that GW2 is also available on console is like getting upset that it's also available in Spanish.
    That's assuming the servers are segregated.
    If they are, I have no issues with it. If they aren't, I don't have half as many fingers as I would need to list off the problems I have with it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqir View Post
    as title says, here is a link

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02...ion-confirmed/

what do you guys think?
    Is this what they've been delaying the game for? H"(/¤"Q¤AF

What's the big deal about this? We knew they were looking into it years ago, nothing has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    If you play an asura and want to /laugh, do you have to roll on the floor?
    I lol'd.
    Here, has a cookie

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    if a game activates voip by default, then it's definitely badly designed if you ask me.
    Sure is. But you're not factoring in the fact that most console players won't have a keyboard, and won't be able to just alt tab and hop into vent/ts/mumble/skype real quick.
    So it's either enable voip, or not be able to communicate with half the people playing the game.
    Which doesn't seem like the best move, for a a game encouraging so much cooperation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Usually because PC versions suffer because of the development being done on several platforms.
    BF3 has definetly felt that along with other really poor decisions.