Heroic Yor'Sahj Feedback

Was looking for any feedback for our attempts. Our best attempt was 50%. I know we are dying from ads not going down during green/purple combo for one. Everyone in our is geared enough for the fight as well as the healers. Feedback would be great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q5lwyf492hw1exm7/

Have you tried always killing yellow? I noticed on your longest attempt you had yellow/black which is what killed you. Red/Green is very easy to handle on 10m, the green damage doesn't hit tank/melee so that gives ranged plenty of room to be close to him and still be spread.

Your hunter should try out SV. It's not giving the raid anything from being MM as you have a druid and paladin in the raid. I used to raid as MM, switched to SV and my dps went up 8k (on this fight), due to the massive aoe damage SV could put out.
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2012-02-16 at 05:41 AM.

I'm the dk in the group and I usually role UH but for help on adds I went frost. Im not sure if I should go DW or 2h for the fight though. I have the Deathwing wep for 2h but only a heroic and normal obsidium clever for DW. Im goin 2h right now, jw if anyone thinks I should go dw instead.

There should never be a combination where you have green and black up at the same time.

Black - Green - Purple - Blue > Kill Black, spread out.
    Black - Green - Purple - Red > Kill Green and stack.
    Black - Yellow - Purple - Blue > Kill Yellow, stack.
    Black - Green - Yellow - Red > Kill Green, stack, bloodlust and heal your balls off.
    Black - Yellow - Purple - Red > Kill Yellow, stack.
    Green - Yellow - Purple - Blue > Kill yellow and spread out.

That's the generally accepted way of dealing with oozes, as far as I know. You never want adds when you can't stack for AoE.

Hey Sharissa, thanks for the advice! I usually use survival on this fight. But I got curious last night and wanted to see if the back to back multi-shots I get from Bombardment could keep up with Survival's serpent spread. I think it can definitely compete but you would have to go heavy mastery. Which I will probably never ever do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nouseforamonkey View Post
    There should never be a combination where you have green and black up at the same time.

Black - Green - Purple - Blue > Kill Black, spread out.
    Black - Green - Purple - Red > Kill Green and stack.
    Black - Yellow - Purple - Blue > Kill Yellow, stack.
    Black - Green - Yellow - Red > Kill Green, stack, bloodlust and heal your balls off.
    Black - Yellow - Purple - Red > Kill Yellow, stack.
    Green - Yellow - Purple - Blue > Kill yellow and spread out.

That's the generally accepted way of dealing with oozes, as far as I know. You never want adds when you can't stack for AoE.
    This ^.

For the love of god don't using addons to tell you what to do. There's only 6 combos, its not that hard to remember. Green(if red is up) > Yellow > Black
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-17 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    There's only 6 combos, its not that hard to remember. Green(if red is up) > Yellow > Black
    Are there any cases where this isn't true? For example, any nasty back to back combos you'd deviate from this formula?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSalty View Post
    Are there any cases where this isn't true? For example, any nasty back to back combos you'd deviate from this formula?
    Honestly the worst to get back to back are

red - green - yellow - black > kill green (this is your lust phase)
    and
    red - purple - yellow - black > kill yellow (this is the hardest healing phase besides above imo)

still no need to deviate from the kill order though

Some other advice for this fight that I do as RL in my run is to hold off on going to kill the slime until it's spawned and starts moving. Allows for a little extra stand and pewpew dps time for your dpsers and they don't have to run as far to get the slime and come back.
    Last edited by mandizzle; 2012-02-17 at 04:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSalty View Post
    Nope, that order I posted is usable no matter what you get. The cooldown usage to deal with specific combos might change since you need to adjust based on what CDs you have available, but you have ~15 seconds while a slime is coming in to discuss and decide what CDs to use for the incoming phase.

The only deviation from that order can be to kill Yellow on Red-Green-Black-Yellow. Then your melee stack and the ranged make a tight circle around the boss' 4 yards apart from each other. It's very tight on positioning but if you do it right it's less overall damage intake and less adds spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtze View Post
    I know we are dying from ads not going down during green/purple combo for one.
    The key to purple basically corresponds to the whole fight. Me and our other healer calls out our every heal for purple, we never had an explosion after that. We also called out the strat for every ooze on spawn. There's just so many specific mechanics, we find it easier to simplify the job for our dps so they can spend 100% of their focus on downing the boss and listening to what we say. (I.e. Kill purple, stack up tight, and coordinate CD's- I call out every CD I have on the R/Y/B phases, along with our pally and our tank.)

Ok, here are some tips from a healing (hpal) Raid Leader's perspective...

I would avoid taking Red Green Black as some are suggesting, if your raiders miss step by even a little it can be really bad. Very small margin for error, and you should be able to handle red-black-yellow the two possible times you can get it with what "nouseforamonkey" posted.

To handle red-black-yellow, you have to have mana+lust or mana+cooldowns. It's important that you tell your shaman to save spirit link for the time you don't have lust. It's likely that you will get 3 of this combo minimum, so try to use CD's on the first one, and lust on the second. He should throw down rain and spam chain heal. You should be 3HP LoD > HS > HR. I assume you're leaving the first mana void up, we normally have 1 melee take it to 75% when he's channelling the adds after the first phase. To deal with the first one just wait till it drains and pop hymn + spirit link. If you don't have mana going into one of the black-red-yellow phases then blow a void.

Judging by your logs, you're having AoE dps problems.

Hanumaan 12457307 19.6 %
    Jumpx 11997190 18.9 %
    Bezio 7168306 11.3 %
    Manhu 7020006 11.1 %
    Waft 5891792 9.3 %
    Falra 5817254 9.2 %
    Sukoru 5369040 8.5 %

I would say your lowest 4 should be doing way more for their class. Hunter should be SV, multishot the boss to spread to adds. Shaman should be doing lots better, have him read up on how to AoE dps as enh, he's probably not saving his LL. Mage should be saving combustion + ignite for double black phases, the group shouldn't move to the globs until your mage has his combustion out on everything. In all non double black add phases he should be using impact every time he can. I'm no expert on druids, but I have NO idea why yours put out 19 lacerates on your best attempt, he should only be using swipe.

For purple, use a proper raid frame that shows the buff. Only EVER use WoG on the tank, and still use HS on CD, but spread it around.

I'm curious about how to take care of adds when a green phase comes directly after Y/R/B since a 2nd wave of adds spawns right as oozes do.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I'm curious about how to take care of adds when a green phase comes directly after Y/R/B since a 2nd wave of adds spawns right as oozes do.
    You kill the adds while DPSing the slime down and then you have at most 2-3 left at very low HP which you will finish off in the first few seconds of the next phase. If you don't have the DPS to kill adds fast enough to do that then consider using bloodlust at that moment. Not in the YRB phase itself but in the transition to the next one while DPSing the slime+adds.

Alternately kill yellow and do green+red+black so that you don't get that 2nd set of adds, but that will require you to learn how to position for green+red+black.

we have 2 high aoe/cleave melee stay and dps them. everyone runs to the edge of the water where the ooze you're killing comes from, then the 2 melee will stay with the ranged/healers and kill the adds there. when the ooze gets close they swap to it and finish it off. sometimes theres 1 or 2 adds still up on low hp, but incidental cleaves and aoe will take care of them. they dont do much dmg anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    The only deviation from that order can be to kill Yellow on Red-Green-Black-Yellow. Then your melee stack and the ranged make a tight circle around the boss' 4 yards apart from each other. It's very tight on positioning but if you do it right it's less overall damage intake and less adds spawning.
    For ten man, is there a magic number for how many melee and tanks can stack without getting hit by green? We will often have a tank and two melee, so would they be able to stack on top of each other without fear of being hit by the green?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guano View Post
    For ten man, is there a magic number for how many melee and tanks can stack without getting hit by green? We will often have a tank and two melee, so would they be able to stack on top of each other without fear of being hit by the green?
    I imagine there is but I don't know what the number is. Its probably 5-6 so you'll be fine with 3, and the other 7 make a circle as tightly close to the boss as possible while maintaining 4 yards.

Your raid's dps seems to be a bit low, didnt check if you are missing buffs, but Fire mage, Surv hunter, Frost DK, Enh shaman and Demo wlock all have nice AoE (35-40k dps here would be decent), with your current dps Im quite sure you would hit berserk :/
    Last night my guild got HC Yor'Sahj down, we spent maybe 3 hours total wiping on it (not all on one night), our dps meter was something close to this:
    41k - ret pala (me, I didnt have to go for oozes though, we had enough dps for those, so I was on boss unless ooze hit the water with 30%+ hp and bringing mana voids to low hp, before next mana void was coming)
    36k - surv hunter
    34k - sub rogue
    33k - both firemages
    30k - ele shaman
    Im pretty sure our firemages could do a lot more tho.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2012-02-19 at 12:04 AM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    What we do in our raid, where let 2 melee stay on boss full time is during Y/R/Black we AoE both sets of adds directly and then everyone, including the melee that otherwise stay on the boss go and kill the ooze, makes healing a lot easier and is usually never a issue with the blob not dying.