Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Honestly, it all sounds amazing in theory, we all knew that, even before this new piece of info, but will it work? That's the only thing that worries me, and we will only find out when it's out...even Anet doesn't know.

DaoC had some good PvP, from what I hear, but I also hear about some big problems with that model.

What I'm saying: Yes, it does sound amazing, and yes, if done right it will be the best PvP ever...but don't get overhyped, there's a lot of obstacles to jump over if this is to work as intended!

Deleted
    Those new screenies are awesome, gives a new scale for the WvWvW area (if they're taken from there?).

Do we know how many WvWvW will be allowed per server?

Let's say you have a 1000 players who want to do WvWvW on a server, will they have to join a queue and wait for a spot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Even players dicking around in resource camps are still helping to defend it if it gets attacked. Theres no one way to play in WvWvW and while someone may say "everyone help attack X keep" just because you and your friends would rather defend a tower, or act as a raiding party on the roads doesnt mean your not contributing to success or a bad player.
    I think they are on the right track by making there so much to do that even not trying to help, you are helping. Whereas there is zero reason to ever fight in between objectives in most current BGs. But I guess even then you could argue that they are still occupying other bad players on the other team
    I like sandwiches

Um, this is all I have wanted from a game since DAoC. And now my dream is becoming a reality. As for people just running around doing nothing but ganking...well, that's not what happened in DAoC. You'd have bands of people that would just run around trying to gank people, but each realm (at least the ones I played with/against) seemed to pull together when the ultimate prize was greater power for you and your realm...or in this case you and your entire server.

I highly doubt 90% of people will simply ignore the game and do whatever they feel like doing, but even if it was 50% I'd still be having a ridiculously fun time building siege weapons and attacking keeps or defending my own while the idiots run around looking for an easy kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Well still not much for why we are figthing over it.

Im one of the original WoW players that remembers the early Alterac Valleys battles. In fact I was actually in the starting lineup of the first AV battle on our server. Nowadays it just seems to be a case of running past each other to kill the NPC at the end and ignore any PVP content. In the beginning it was about large scale warfare, fighting for every scrap of land, whether it be a graveyard, a tower or a keep. The first battle on my server lasted for nearly 2 days and while I cant claim to have been in that BG for the entire time, I do have some very very fond memories of the time I spent in just that one battle.

For Arenanet to have designed WvWvW in this way only makes me more excited for Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirjotusvihe View Post
    Well still not much for why we are figthing over it.
    I think the lore was that you're not you when you're there.

Edit: Then again, I'd rather they just do it, and not make up bad lore or ruin existing lore to have a reason.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-16 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually pvp, a lot of my friends do but I don't cause I'm not very good at it.

I've decided I need to get better at pvp now. That, is freaking cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

I.. I'm in Love! I excepted great in WvW, but this is beyond great.. I don't think there is a word in the dictionary that could explain how ___________ this is!
    Excited

I had no interest in GW2 until I read this.

After I change my pants, I'm going to have to give this an in-depth look.

Well, I still enjoy WoW, but it's at a time when there isn't much to do while everyone waits for MoP. SWTOR was absolutely horrible, so GW2 is next. Graphically it looks great and there seems to be some nice features so far. What sweetens the deal is it's free once you buy the game. Even though that was known for a long time, that never enticed me. As I've looked up the game more and more though over the past few months it's caught my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falter1985 View Post
    I'm going to have to give this an in-depth look.
    Start here

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgar View Post
    http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-fergu...world-vs-world

I know this was posted in The One Thread but this is definitely something that should stand on it's own. It's a lengthy read but anyone that is interested in the pvp of GW2 will love this. I'm still hoping their engines can pull off the very large number of people needed for this to work really well. If they can do that this will be the best pvp of any mmo to date.

What does everyone else think about this? I hope there's a lot of coverage of this on the 20th because to see this live would be a wet dream of mine.
    I have to stop following these god damn updates and messages. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME ANY LONGER IT HURTS Q___Q....

WTB Time Machine PST w/ Serious Offers.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Mmm, those screens on the first page . My PC should be able to run it on ultra and enjoy it to the fullest, unless they pull a TOR and **** it up, but i doubt that'd happen

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that worries me about WvW atm is the lag. I'm REAAAALLLYY hoping it doesn't turn out to be the lagfest that Ilum turned out to be in ToR.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    The only thing that worries me about WvW atm is the lag. I'm REAAAALLLYY hoping it doesn't turn out to be the lagfest that Ilum turned out to be in ToR.
    Yeah, that's the only thing holding this back from being the best pvp any mmo has ever had. If it's smooth or at least playable with that many people playing in this it will be incredible.

Looking at the pics Mif posted I'm not too worried about lag in the situation of a 100v100v100 keep battle, in particular the 3rd pic down you can see a trebuchet on the tower near the center. If the battle is inside a keep/castle it may cause lag but I'm hoping the interior of those keeps/castles are as big as the exterior. Also if players are lagging too much in a certain spot they may move on to another keep/fortress or attack from another side of the same keep. Ideally there won't be any lag but thats too optimistic.

WvW looks fun, but since they've said their striving for e-sport I'm really hoping that they implement an arena system. Will be intense with GW2 trinity-less combat.

Are there going to be player limits? I really don't want to have to queue for a battle. I realize 100 players/server is a lot, but when there are thousands of players at peak times it could be frustrating.