Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Weather you buy a mount for real money or ingame gold you get someone you haven't deserved. Personally i don't understand why anyone would ride on a mount they in all honestly don't derserved, but that may be me thats weird.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2012-02-18 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Because i can

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Weather you buy a mount for real money or ingame gold you get someone you haven't deserved. Personally i don't understand why anyone would ride on a mount they in all honestly don't derserved, but that may be me thats weird.
    Because it's a game. And it's a mount. Neither of those things can do anything to make you special in any sense of the word.

If it isn't allowed it should be. If some bloke wants to spend real money on a title, rating and/or mount they should be allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    This is obviously allowed.

They cannot prove that such a transaction took place outside the game. They also cannot restrict loot rules to "you must only loot something when you give the raid leader something in return". How idiotic would that be?

Just think about it before spewing forth nonsense.
    "Domestic Authority" in reality Blizzard can ban anyone they want on a whim and all you could potentially get back is already paid time you can't use because of the ban. E.g. you paid for 6 months and get banned after 1 month you could get 5 months worth of money back. Basically, all they need to do is ban them and be over with it. Absolutely no need to prove anything. Or do you honestly think they showed any proof to someone that got banned for botting or something alike?

And if they wanted it to be 'waterproof', they'd just go on the forums or whatever way you contact said people and pose as a buyer themselves. It's that easy.

And Blizzard is well known for their policy of "not letting others make money with stuff they don't want them to make money with.", sole reason why they don't want people to go out there to sell ingame stuff for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I'm trying to buy the Firehawk (for gold LOL). I've killed heroic Rag a bunch of times but we stopped killing it before I won one and the guild has zero interest in killing him more. I figure if I buy it I earned it as much as if I won the roll... either way I've killed the boss without being carried.

I think it's more likely that they're selling it for gold, but using the Excel spreadsheet's ability to accurately tabulate dollar amounts.

Deleted
    Pretty sure this is against ToS if it isn't a mistake

Fairly similar to powerlevelling services which is also against ToS, as you're paying somebody real life money, for something you cannot/do not want to do yourself in game.

Not that i care too much about people breaking ToS, but if they are selling it for RL moneys, they should be careful what they publish on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think it's more likely that they're selling it for gold, but using the Excel spreadsheet's ability to accurately tabulate dollar amounts.
    lol, no offense, but no

People are going to pay what they want to pay. there's no difference between them trading the money to the buyer or using their money to buy gold, since they accept either. Who cares? People buy things with real money in the game all the time. Blizz had to know this was going to happen the minute they opened cross server raiding, and it used to happen same server plenty before too.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Pretty sure most people aren't stupid enough to take Blizzard on over a ban they deserved. More importantly the TOS says they can do whatever they want and said person agreed to the TOS so you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.
    If the ToS is attacked in court, it will certainly be made void. I don't know where you live, but in my country if you sign an abusive contract with clauses considered stronger than what the law allows, then that contract is simply void. You have to abide by the law first, not by the ToS.

The fact that noone ever attacked the ToS in court for being banned is of very little surprise though. As someone already pointed out, it really is a waste of an individual money. Nevertheless, depending on where you live, Blizzard - and almost every mmo company out there - is really afraid that someday, someone will sue them after a ban. That is also why i know people who got their account cleaned of a permanent ban. They threatened Blizzard's customer service and it worked.

Pretty sure that is gold and not money.. I'm pretty positive on what guild that is and the price of gold on their server for 250k is like $400+... Why would they take cash over gold?

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Pretty sure that is gold and not money.. I'm pretty positive on what guild that is and the price of gold on their server for 250k is like $400+... Why would they take cash over gold?
    Again, it's obviously not, all you have to do is watch the stream sometime and you can tell. I don't see any reason to be outraged either way, but let's not be silly: This IS for money.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    On one hand you could argue it is, but on the other, they could argue that they were paid for their time, not the mount. Its one of those situations where you can't really win.
    No, it's very clearly against the ToS. There isn't a single bit of gray area about it.
    ಠ_ಠ

honestly if someone has money but no gold they should just buy TCG loot cards and sell the BOE mounts in game to get the gold, then no risk they lose their purchased mount or account :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt sales runs are against the TOS, using real cash or ingame gold for buyer runs isn't hurting the rules or destroying Blizzard's subscriptions. Even if it is against the TOS to buy runs with real cash, it'd be very difficult for Blizzard to prove something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

its not legal, period. but it is hard to prove.

this has been going on along time too, just look at people selling arena rankings/gear

Deleted
    The guild selling it is pretty stupid, the seller could withdraw the payment after getting the mount.

People do it with in game time for gold.

We sell it for 250k gold so meh.

If you honestly saw their video, saw the spreadsheet, then thought "I'm gonna narc them out", you're probably just feeling butthurt that they're getting paid actual cash to do something you aren't capable of doing on your own. Anyone actually thinking of reporting these guys, deep down, is exactly that.

So many people are jealous of elite raiders who can sell mounts, gear, titles etc. Jealous because they can't earn the mounts/achievements on their own, jealous of the buyers who have enough money to not care about blowing $250 on video game pixels, jealous that other people are being paid to do something they wish they could be paid for. Jealous jealous jealous. I earned a firehawk on my toon when heroic Rag was progression as did most of our core raid, now we are rewarded for being good at the game and having all of heroic DS and firelands on farm - by being able to sell mounts since we have a two day raid week.

Is it against the TOS to take real cash? Sure. But who cares? This in particular doesn't affect the ingame economy, and the buyers are going to buy the stuff one way or another if they want it. They'll either find another guild to sell it to them, or they'll buy gold from the chinese and pay with said gold. One way or another they'll get what they want, all these guilds are doing is cutting out the middleman (the chinese). This is a good thing. No damage to the server's market occurs, no accounts are hacked or shared, no chinese are involved. If anything, being able to sell things for real world cash directly is BETTER for the game, and Blizzard realized this by implementing the D3 real money AH.

We sell the aforementioned firehawk mounts for 250K apiece, and sell a couple a week. If we were so inclined, we could sell the gold to the chinese and get cash for it - or just get the cash from the buyer directly. Which is safer? Which choice doesn't reward account hackers and botters? Duh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Selling anything in-game for real money is not allowed.

Since we have an answer, I'm going to close this before it goes any further into bashing people or advertising -- remember, advertising sales of anything in-game or out of game is not welcome on these forums.