Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Every time I see the talent calculator information it feels more and more like they are going to write a bunch of bad ideas on a dartboard and throw a few darts to decide what (if any) big new things to give to shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    You'll have a set mana pool yes that's the way it was in Vanilla wow. Once your spellpower goes up and spirit you wont notice the difference.
    I can only speak for resto druids but we have internal mana regen talents based off of are max mana an right now there op as hell you can pretty much just reforge spirit.

Healers get a passive talent that increases there mana by 400% so a pally for example wont have 24k mana like ret does.

Casters normally have there own way of gaining back mana i.e. mages have evocation along with other talents there getting in mop.
    Direct me to this....I havent saw this fixed mana pool thing yet :S

Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    All this talk about " i just go to elitist jerks the moment i encounter problem in game " makes me really sad. If you first try by yourself to work out your talents and then correct them if needed you become better player. And if you need advice guild members and friends should be first to consult from. Just doing what it says in forums without understanding the purpose and then whine about it on the same forum when it doesn't work won't get you place in the raid.Let me quote what one wise man said : "Anyone who asks "what's the trick" and "how did you do that" right of the bat fails then and there. People who look for shortcuts like that should know their place. Even if you have the right answer it's worthless without knowing the meaning."Well, internet can be used if you are really out of options. No one can criticise you at that point. As for these new talents go, I like some of the changes and think rogues really are powered down a little. But they may get something cool in return. Shamans too finally get some love.BTW, has it been since blizzcon that elemental shamans benefit from spirit? I mean Elemental Precision. This would mean that other class besides priest will roll spirit gear.
    I'm afraid those statements are contradictory. Pretty sure a wise man once said "Learn from your elders", if you see someone do something spectacular, never be afraid to ask them.

Also, any guild member(s) that i imagine someone would ask will go straight to EJ and give you the results. You spend most of your adult life, being taught by a person who teaches you thinks that they learned out of books. These books, are books that are generated after months if not years of research conducted by individuals who excel in these fields. Ultimately, the source of knowledge comes from the place where the most research, testing, and conclusion is done.

There is nothing wrong with consulting the experts immediately and then following their paths, unless you are -curious- about what would happen if you didn't. There is nothing wrong with that either.

If we didn't follow those guidelines, every time you purchase a car that claims to be the "safest car" it should be driven off cliffs and deliberately smashed to to see how safe it really is. Then you can purchase another car that you have personally tested.

You can probably forget MoP being released any sooner then Q4 aka November/December to make sure they get their "bang for their buck" on the (Annual Pass). Much like D3 they haven't really released anything viable or confirmed talent/dungeon wise or Monk updates. (coming soon) means **7-10** months for this i'm guessing, if not longer.

I'm actually really shocked that most of the questions for ask the devs were 'nasty'. Seems that people are fed up. I also still feel that those devs responding over the last year or so, take thing way too personally, and end up sounding like asshats.

I'm disappointed that there was no clarification for Hunters and Shaman classes on the changes in the talent calculator.

Hate to say it again, but I think MoP is going to be disappointing for many people, and by many people I mean long time players who are simply going to say screw it when the game becomes even more homogenized. From what I see right now, your opportunity to differentiate yourself is going to strictly come down to knowing the best possible glyphs and pick 6 correct talents and off you go. It will then come down to who has the best latency and can throw up the best possible DPS/HPS/TPS. How is this different from now? Well previously it was possible to discover tweaks and seeing what works. Your opportunity to do that has been nerfed immensely.

ujelly, non-dks? Only thing we've wanted to know was why Corpse Explosion was taken out and Blizzard wants to glyph it :3

I'm not sure I understand how the solution to the fabricated problem of a lack of PvE content -- in an expansion you haven't played yet -- is to make a completely new game.
    I wish I was still able to access WoW forums so I could ask him, "What about the lack of PvE content in the current expansion?" Oh, it's so sad. Who knows, maybe they'll bring back AQ20 and AQ40, Naxx style, and call it "new content."

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    "What is being done with spell crit for DPS specs? Our baseline assertion is that all spells and abilities will crit for double damage. There are a few exceptions to this, such as Elemental shaman getting a 2.5x crit multiplier, but the default is 2x for everyone now. Yes, this means that Enhancement shaman spells and rogue Poisons will crit for double damage." So shamans will crit for more than mages and warlocks? OMG :O
    Im pretty sure our crit multiplier is already like that, they have to because they screwed up shamans so bad thats the only way they can keep us in the normal dps range.

I don't mind making abilities more simple, as long as the game becomes an actual challenge again.Cata was easymode, and the games seems to just be getting easier in general, there is hardly anything to strive for. This would kill warcraft because no matter how many people whine, without interesting and difficult challenges (solo and raid) the game will become meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Hate to say it again, but I think MoP is going to be disappointing for many people, and by many people I mean long time players who are simply going to say screw it when the game becomes even more homogenized. From what I see right now, your opportunity to differentiate yourself is going to strictly come down to knowing the best possible glyphs and pick 6 correct talents and off you go. It will then come down to who has the best latency and can throw up the best possible DPS/HPS/TPS. How is this different from now? Well previously it was possible to discover tweaks and seeing what works. Your opportunity to do that has been nerfed immensely.
    If you think all it takes to be top dps over someone else is the exact optimal talent tree to get you that 100 extra DPS ...

I laugh. Talent tree point allotment is a small step to being a good raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did warriors intimidating shout got removed? i cant see it on the list of class abilities at the talent calculator. Also noticed that paladins "turn undead" is not on the list of spells. It wasnt much of an OP skill or so, but had its uses, specially against those retarded DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    About challenge rewards: Yes, gear can't be a reward. If it is on the same level or a bit higher than the instance, it will be outdated in next patch. If it's on the same level as patch, challenge modes lose their reason to exist.
    It's likely mounts and stuff will be rewarded for metas and whatnot, or for leaders in challenge modes. And remember, challenge modes equalize all your stats... so rewarding "better" gear would be pointless as it would just be downgrading it to whatever margin blizzard allows in challenge modes. As I understand it, Challenge modes will remain "contemporary" throughout all of MoP, as you can't potentially outgear any of them.

Deleted
    Does this news post have to include Zarhym's pointless soap-box smug forum exclamations about how great the direction of the game is going? I thought he was largely discredited after supporting that facebook forum integration nonsense. Or was that the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    I'm afraid those statements are contradictory. Pretty sure a wise man once said "Learn from your elders", if you see someone do something spectacular, never be afraid to ask them.

Also, any guild member(s) that i imagine someone would ask will go straight to EJ and give you the results. You spend most of your adult life, being taught by a person who teaches you thinks that they learned out of books. These books, are books that are generated after months if not years of research conducted by individuals who excel in these fields. Ultimately, the source of knowledge comes from the place where the most research, testing, and conclusion is done.

There is nothing wrong with consulting the experts immediately and then following their paths, unless you are -curious- about what would happen if you didn't. There is nothing wrong with that either.

If we didn't follow those guidelines, every time you purchase a car that claims to be the "safest car" it should be driven off cliffs and deliberately smashed to to see how safe it really is. Then you can purchase another car that you have personally tested.
    First i say that you were right. I was contradicting myself a little. Realized after reading your post. And i think you make a valid point. It's ok sometimes to rely on data that is being provided by other players. BUT in my opinion game should be more than that.

Let's say some young new player makes an account and find him/her-self a nice guild. When asking for help he/she gets directed to website with all possible info like gear, skills and talents and gets frightened by all that difficult jargon and ends up quitting after 2 weeks. ( this may be cause of low number of good tanks)

This is what i mean by not knowing the meaning of right answer. You can't learn karate by reading a book either. It's only there as reference when you have basics in your head. Same with WoW. Deciding talent choices that are made by others won't deepen understanding of your own class. After doing so you must keep relying on those web pages 'cause you can't play by yourself.

Well, I know this is just an extreme case and most of the player base already know what's best for them. But as veterans we should cultivate those young sprouts and make sure they dont grow wrong way or die out.

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Did warriors intimidating shout got removed? i cant see it on the list of class abilities at the talent calculator. Also noticed that paladins "turn undead" is not on the list of spells. It wasnt much of an OP skill or so, but had its uses, specially against those retarded DKs.
    The Warrior removal was intentional:

Are all tanks across the board losing a taunt?
    We’re currently trying a design where no tanks have AE taunts, other than Mocking Banner (which we intend to be used more as a tool to redirect streams of adds to you).

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedas View Post
    The Warrior removal was intentional:
    Intimidating shout is not a taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major bummer about Blizzard still choosing to stick with their idea of decoupling mana from Intellect. What's an RPG anyway if you can't increase your mana points?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    "What is being done with spell crit for DPS specs? Our baseline assertion is that all spells and abilities will crit for double damage. There are a few exceptions to this, such as Elemental shaman getting a 2.5x crit multiplier, but the default is 2x for everyone now. Yes, this means that Enhancement shaman spells and rogue Poisons will crit for double damage." So shamans will crit for more than mages and warlocks? OMG :O
    Maybe just the elemental shaman. It sounds promising for enhance, but it won't mean much if Lightning Bolt still hits like a pillow. Although... I wonder how much more Lava Lash will hit for if it isn't already effected by 2x.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Major bummer about Blizzard still choosing to stick with their idea of decoupling mana from Intellect. What's an RPG anyway if you can't increase your mana points?
    From the perspective of having played the Pen&Paper Earthdawn, I don't see it as that weird. And from the perspective of computer RPGs, it seems that we're getting past the old EQ-based design. Static mana pools make it easy to use differently-themed mana regen mechanics and still have them balance out.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)