Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Just had an Email telling me my companion misses me....

Anyone else have this?

what the...... lol no because my subscription is still running i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Every subscription based MMO does this. If you have played others, you would have seen them do the same thing, in different ways (TOR seems to link the companion idea as a marketing strategy). WoW keeps doing it to me, AoC and others as well... oh well
    /hug

I still get AoC emails, I recently received a LOTRO email as well. I have not played LOTRO in... it feels like a couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent View Post
    Every subscription based MMO does this. If you have played others, you would have seen them do the same thing, in different ways (TOR seems to link the companion idea as a marketing strategy). WoW keeps doing it to me, AoC and others as well... oh well
    Must say, WoW never sent me emails when I was unsubscribed. But Lotro and WAR and anything run by Sony certainly do. This kind of pseudo-emotional approach Bioware is taking seems rather mean though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Must say, WoW never sent me emails when I was unsubscribed. But Lotro and WAR and anything run by Sony certainly do. This kind of pseudo-emotional approach Bioware is taking seems rather mean though.
    WoW goes one better and gives you 7 days free game time with the email. I've had two of those.

Deleted
    Never had any email from Blizzard when I was unsubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    I've had loads. I never unsubbed per-se, just stopped paying them like 2 years ago or something. Maybe that's the difference.
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    I get emails from Blizzard from the RAF account I did last year to level up two toons quickly. They don't even look and see if it is the same email as a current account, or that there are no characters on that account since I moved them to my main account after RAF was done.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW does it better IMO, the last month, I've played 2 weeks for free with the "pls come back" mails I've gotten. not that I logged in for more than a few minutes, but hey, I could play wow 50% of the month

My sub is still running for swtor although I haven't logged in a few weeks, so haven't gotten that mail yet
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I guess its too early for swtor to throw out free weeks. I like the companion twist though, how long have you been unsubbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent View Post
    But WoW trys to bring you back with offers of 7 day free trials and new content, TOR trys to bring you back by saying your sex doll companion misses you and wants more off-screen sex.

Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    But WoW trys to bring you back with offers of 7 day free trials and new content, TOR trys to bring you back by saying your sex doll companion misses you and wants more off-screen sex.
    Sex Doll companions are new content, not bringing back ZA and ZG calling it new content

Qyzen Fess sent me one as well. Too bad I never really liked him anyways.

I just hope when I unsub it won't be Corso who mails me. That would NEVER get me playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I just hope when I unsub it won't be Corso who mails me. That would NEVER get me playing again.
    It will be. I had a smuggler that I was playing but decided to delete after awhile and got the email being discussed, and it was indeed from Corso. The thing is with me I was and am still playing the game just not on that particular character anymore.

That would actually mean something if companions weren't entirely useless at max level. And yeah, "they help you do dailies and they help you craft!" I don't do any PvE dailies, and crafting isn't interactive at all. No companions in Ilum, warzones, operations, I can understand the reasoning, but I wish there had been something -else- at max level to do (you know, innovation? And don't tell me "HURR THERE'S NOTHING ELSE!") with your companions.

I do miss caring about Elara, but I don't really need her or even use her these days, or any of my companions at all.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt get one.
    foreveralone.jpg
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

yes i got one from Khem val and im still playing the game!

SHUT UP KHEM! *Sith Slap*

Deleted
    i got photo of nude mako