15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand

Anyone ever have their Heart of Flame quest bug?

More or less curious, I encountered this problem last night.

Upon killing Ragnaros 10N for the Heart of Flame, and proceeding to swim in the lava with 3 healers on me to loot the heart, the item that spawned suddenly disappeared when I clicked on it, and I received no credit for it.

No, I did not die at any point during the encounter. No I did not die in the lava afterwards. No I did not move after clicking it. No I did not double click it. It just vanished when I clicked once.

A friend of mine said all I had to do was submit a ticket, saying he seen it happen before or something. So I submitted a ticket. I got a response saying 'sorry for not catching you online (even though I was online), but the GM department cannot do anything about this'.

Seemed to me like the GM was just being a douche, so I followed up the ticket, got another response saying there was no way to prove it dropped.

Even though... I saw it there... and I clicked on it, gear cursor and everything... and it vanished with no credit...?

Would there not be a spawn event in their server logs?

I don't understand why they couldn't at least reset Ragnaros. Sigh.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Did this last week, nothing strange happened for me.

Don't suppose that you had World of Logs running for the kill? That way you could proof that Rage of Ragnaros was on you and you didn't die (unless it was HC).
    Not sure if they would take that, but eh, maybe you get a GM in a good mood.
    "MMMMMMMButtscratcher!"

last night we had it drop and looted properly.

Did not have an issue with it last week.

Also, from the posts I've read last year - GM's are on a strict policy not to help or provide any assistance with problems that come up with the Legendary questline.

had this happen to a mage in our guild. If you hang around and wait for a little bit (3-4 minutes) you get your debuff back so you can grab it and it will respawn. Least it did for us.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Had no issue with it when I did it, if you wait too long it can despawn and if you die it goes away but as long as you do it properly there's no problem.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyngwen View Post

Don't suppose that you had World of Logs running for the kill? That way you could proof that Rage of Ragnaros was on you and you didn't die (unless it was HC).
    I strongly doubt that this would ever help your case.
    Anyways never heard of it nor did it happen to me when I was picking it up. Bad luck annoying to wait another week.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure someone else didn't loot it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You sure someone else didn't loot it?
    There was no one else even on the quest.

had this happen to a mage in our guild. If you hang around and wait for a little bit (3-4 minutes) you get your debuff back so you can grab it and it will respawn. Least it did for us.
    Thing is, I never lost the debuff. I had it for 45 minutes after the kill while sitting in the instance waiting for my ticket to go through, but it was getting too late.

Bad luck annoying to wait another week.
    No kidding..

15+ Year Old Account
    When I completed my quest my bags where full so I it just vanished.
    I then made a ticket and a gm told me like 1 hour later, that it will be mailed to you if your bags are full.
    I know its stupid, but have you checked your mail?

the proof that it dropped is that you 1) had the debuff 2) didnt die and 3) you had 250/250 thingies(forgot their name). just keep spamming tickets until u get a decent GM, some of them are douches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessemor View Post
    When I completed my quest my bags where full so I it just vanished.
    I then made a ticket and a gm told me like 1 hour later, that it will be mailed to you if your bags are full.
    I know its stupid, but have you checked your mail?
    I had like 50 bag slots free. I always do. lol.