Dragon Soul Raid movies

so ive made some movies over the past few months. Not that im looking for some self bumps for my videos, im more looking for some constructive criticism. I'm using just a basic windows movie editor in these but looking to use a more in depth program in the future. any advice and criticism is appreciated. Also shameful self promotion lol

Here is our heroic Yor'sahj kill

Cheers and have a great week!
    -Ruck

The thing with PoV movies are that there isn't really much editing that is involved other than putting the phase in and out slides in for the start and end of the movie and of course the music. To me it seems perfectly fine. Perhaps list your raid comp (spec/class/name) in the credits or even at the beginning?
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Might do that, for our next progression kill, if we can ever get the people around to kill heroic gun ship lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taiina View Post
    The thing with PoV movies are that there isn't really much editing that is involved other than putting the phase in and out slides in for the start and end of the movie and of course the music. To me it seems perfectly fine. Perhaps list your raid comp (spec/class/name) in the credits or even at the beginning?
    I agree with this really. I've not been doing vids for long but I started out pretty much the same way as you did. Windows Live Movie Maker is ok to learn the basics with but doesn't really allow a great deal extra to go into vids.

Most people that watch kill vids do it for tips and tactics so putting class/spec in the credits would be a good idea.

I'd highly recommend getting hold of a program like Sony Vegas. I use that for all my vids now and it rocks! Feel free to check out my channel in my sig (I wont link as I dont want to hijack your thread) and you can see how you can evolve your vids into something abit more fancy!

i played around with vegas a few years ago but never got into it since my computer never had the power to record vids n such and not kill my fps. we got our heroic warmaster kill last night finally so ill probably take the vid from that and play with vegas again some. thanks for the tips! great vids yourself too btw

Looks good. Either commentary or text on the screen (even through Youtube) would be a plus. Raid comp would be nice, like others said, but with these videos there needs to be something other than just showing it - there are plenty of other kill videos out there