Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pushing H Ultraxion over the edge

Hey guys and gals. Posted a week or so ago about H yorsahj and got some really helpful advice. Managed to down it that week, and cleanly 93 wipes or less0 the next week. Figured i would try and get some more feedback for ultraxion. I was reviewing the median damage and healing done for a kill and it looks like we have the damage, but our heals may be slightly behind. i'm going to put a link in for the logs of the fight. Some of the wipes are explained by getting our lock used to soaking,screw ups on fading light, etc, but if you would be so kind as to take a look at some of the fights that 4:30 to 5:00 in length, and tell me how we could improve.
    i know my tank roles and my dps roles well enough that I can help almost any class improve on that. i do not however, have much experience as a healer, and I usually just leave it to my healers to sort their own stuff out. We are running with Hpally and Disc priest. when Hpally switched to red buff (which i thought he was taking in the first place) it helped him out a lot, but it seems we cant quite make it to the timeloop phase. I think if we could just push the fight about 30 seconds longer, we could get the kill. Lowest we got was ultrax with about 7 mil left.

Anyways heres the link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hjq7p...=10905&e=11208

Any feedback would be most appreciated =)

one thing if u are 2 healing it is your pally should only keep red until blue comes out then go to it because he can spam HR without going oom which combined with LoD is gnna be 48k+ hps on his part ..dunno how well a disc is gonna be on this though if he takes green .. but by looking the logs seems your pally is really poor and using too much DL and not enough HR, which may be him not getting blue and running oom with HR which is always a bad choice since it will literally let him spam HR wihtout stopping the rest of the fight except when he stops to LoD with 3 charges then back to HR
    just looked at ur pally gear and having maw it should really be up closer to 50k hps easy on that fight
    Last edited by shamori85; 2012-02-18 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    The priest should take the red buff leaving green+blue to the pala.
    Tell him to spam HR and HR only after timeloop

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally let the disc priest in my guild take red as he'll have it all fight, and I'll take green then Blue, reason is, when you take another color, the previous buff disappears. It makes more sense that 2 healers have powerful buffs at the end. Him with extra healing, me with unlimited healing. That way both of the healers will be 40k+ at the end of the fight. Consider that.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=393&e=693

Log included from 3 weeks ago, due to we had me and priest in that that point. HoR as you see is the spammed after I get the blue, we ignore the most hectic healing part of the fight because the boss is dead on the 5min mark, so our healing isn't even higher.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-02-18 at 12:40 AM.

we 1 heal this

Deleted
    Ok well first of all, your Pally is using Divine Light and Flash of Light. In fact 20-40 of them. I don't mean to be rude, but that is just wrong. On a fight where 99% of the damage is AoE and he has access to the best AoE heal in the game for this fight, on a class that is OP for Ultraxion simply because of this spell, he is not even using it and choosing instead to cast single target heals. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's wrong with that picture. Your priest is doing it a bit smarter and actually using his AoE heals. The ironic part is that if anything the priest should be using some single target heals to top people off as needed so the pally can be allowed to spam HR.

Your crystal orders are changing with the attempts and I'm not sure what they went for. There are two order that are viable for you:
    Disc Priest -> Red : Pally -> Green+Blue
    Holy Priest -> Green: Pally -> Red+Blue

Choose the priest's spec and act accordingly. Your priest is not currently smiting and smite DPS is pretty much the main strength of Disc on this fight so if he's not going to make use of it he might as well go Holy. If he stays Disc then spec into Atonement and start DPSing, every little bit of extra DPS will "mitigate" a lot of damage by making the fight a few seconds shorter.

So just to give you a to-do list:
    - Pally should use 95% AoE heals. He can cast the occasional DL if its needed but tank healing should be the primary focus of priest
    - Pally should make sure to alternate the HR targets if not already doing so. Don't cast it on the same person repeatedly
    - Power Infusion, Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor should be up for the final minute of the fight
    - PW:B and all raid CDs should be up for the final minute of the fight
    - Healers should click their button and phase out at the starting bloodlust, then they won't be sated and you can lust just them for the final minute
    - Once Pally gets blue he should cast ONLY Holy Radiance and NOTHING else

If hadn't realized already this fight is a Pally's fight. He should do the majority of the healing and carry HPS. The priest is there as a supporting role, keeping tanks topped off, DPSing with smite and only joining in the AoE heals when shit hits the fan near the end. If you have issues look to your Pally, that's where they will be resolved.

yah that may be best route .. when i got a druid with my pally healing i let him have red and i go green/blue and soon as i see im 10 sec off from blue spawning i go into HR spam because i know that soon as blue is out i have unlimited mana .. so have him let his beacon do most of his tank healing for him at that point switching it as needed and just go down the list of names keeping at least 5 diff people with it ticking at all times .. there is no reason at all for Divine Light being more than Holy Radiance on that fight ever .. keep in mind a pally can 1 heal this farily easily in his gear so he would be the problem im seeing as to getting ur heals over the hump
    Last edited by shamori85; 2012-02-18 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    How you sort green and red is not very important but let the paladin take blue. They are by far the best aoe healers if the mana is unlimited. He should get blue and spam the fuck out of holy radiance.

getting from the 5th to 6th hour of twilight was the hardest part the first time i killed it, have your priest use his power infusion and berserking for that point. After the 6th HoT use your second blood lust and damage reduction CDs (barrier/aura mastery) as well as a volcanic potion with divine hymn to get to the 7th HoT.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsthedillio View Post
    getting from the 5th to 6th hour of twilight was the hardest part the first time i killed it, have your priest use his power infusion and berserking for that point. After the 6th HoT use your second blood lust and damage reduction CDs (barrier/aura mastery) as well as a volcanic potion with divine hymn to get to the 7th HoT.
    As far as I'm aware they fixed the double heroism. We tried it the last 2-3 weeks and it has not worked. Healers fade out and still get the debuff from hero.

Thanks for the tips guys. Will definitely be referring back to this thread before we start tonight. We are doing the bloodlust trick as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 06:54 PM ----------

It was working for us just fine last night. Granted one is a timewarp and the other is a lust, but both of these spells apply the sated debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    As far as I'm aware they fixed the double heroism. We tried it the last 2-3 weeks and it has not worked. Healers fade out and still get the debuff from hero.
    What? We've been doing this for the past 2 weeks and it works, people who phase out before lust is popped don't get the debuff.

Still worked fine for us

I know this isn't healing related, but your warrior is doing something horribly wrong to have slam be his top damaging ability, and MS not even being close to number one (which it should be).

Quote Originally Posted by Frighten View Post
    I know this isn't healing related, but your warrior is doing something horribly wrong to have slam be his top damaging ability, and MS not even being close to number one (which it should be).
    yeah woah #6 that's really low haha. 19 times on a 5minute fight, you can use it about 13x a minute. Arms warriors are amazing on this fight, he should probably easily pull 40k+. Does he have gurth? he's logged out in pvp gear atm so can't tell. If he does you guys are not standing in a good spot for him to have his gurth proc. Need to be on the 2nd line to the boss. Be aware this makes a little more strain on healing since the healers gotta run farther to pick up the buffs

also your blood dk should really easily be able to do 20k dps. Make sure he is using DRW all the time as it has a really short cd with the buff. he used it once in the fight you linked
    Last edited by bals; 2012-02-18 at 02:02 AM.

Well there is a problem with gurth on this fight. it actually doesn't work unless you are right on the edge of the platform (or so I am told) and it makes it more difficult for the healers to grab the orbs, so both him and i stuck with our slicers.. i am the blood dk, and i usually try to use drw when i taunt for fading light. On some fights I used it more than other, but yeah I could try using it more.

Edit: Just read the part after you mentioned gurth lol. We decided the dps was in fairly good shape, and since we were already straining on the heals to not make more work for them.

That's a problem with the first pull. If you wipe and die, they won't get hero for the subsequent pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Well there is a problem with gurth on this fight. it actually doesn't work unless you are right on the edge of the platform (or so I am told) and it makes it more difficult for the healers to grab the orbs, so both him and i stuck with our slicers.. i am the blood dk, and i usually try to use drw when i taunt for fading light. On some fights I used it more than other, but yeah I could try using it more.

Edit: Just read the part after you mentioned gurth lol. We decided the dps was in fairly good shape, and since we were already straining on the heals to not make more work for them.
    You don't have to be right on the edge for it to work - use the lines on the floor as a guide and be between the first and second lines from the edge and it will work fine. Healers can still be farther back so they're closer to the crystal spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post

Just use it on cooldown