Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rarely do I vote for anybody other then a healer. Healers seem to get about 1/2 of the votes on both servers I have pvp'd on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I always vote for the healers!!! They save my ass when I'm running the ball on my juggy
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

if the healer heals more than the top dpser, then yes.

or if i'm the top dpser, and the healer heals more than the 2nd top dpser, then yes.

else no.

When I solo que, it goes to the top heals, otherwise the top DPS. When we are in group we trade em off.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually vote for the healers, unless there was someone that played out of their mind and I witnessed it, I'll always vote healers.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I try to vote for whoever contributed to our win. Kinda sad that the guy who just stood around the mid of Huttball dpsing got more MVP votes then the guy who brilliantly solo carried the ball over the goal line with just 30sec on the Clock and scoring the winning point.
    If its unclear i usually vote for the healers if he has low medals, else ill vote for the highest dmg Sniper or Marauder. Since they get less medals then hybrids.
    Kind of contradicting yourself there big guy.
    Most of the players that did "highest damage" are the ones that stood in the middle dpsing easy to kill targets and not caring for objectives.
    At least in the healers case their healing is actually supporting the team.

Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    Kind of contradicting yourself there big guy.
    Most of the players that did "highest damage" are the ones that stood in the middle dpsing easy to kill targets and not caring for objectives.
    At least in the healers case their healing is actually supporting the team.
    not true, there are tons of healers doing worthless healing also, letting the ball carrier die, letting the highest dps guy die, runing around healing themselves in the middle of nowhere, etc.

i`m a sentinel, i have had random pug healers healing the hell out of me, i`ve 2v4`people and had them cause team fights where we`d win because of them, I feel in WZ`s i take a lot of the dmg being melee, and put a lot of dmg out, while protecting and distracting as best I can...and having a healer makes us the focus while our team kills the people on us.

but yeah, the first thing I do after a WZ is look at healing, and MVP the most heals if there is one, because I feel healers are what swing battles.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If a healer is good, I do. I keep an eye on who keeps me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do if they're good, healing people for the sake of healing doesn't make you a good player. Healing the proper person wins you games.

Healers, if they perform their roles to the best of their abilities, are not going to be picking up more then a 4, maaaaaaybe 5 medals. Compared to say, assassins on the top end with 10+ medals every game. Unless a healer totally under performs, they're getting my vote no questions asked. Of course, on my server maybe 3-4 votes go out e very game at best so...
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for the one who contributed the most. MVP to me is to recognize someone who aided us the most not pity valor and comm for someone who can't get as many medals.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a healer main so all my lowbies vote up the healers. I know their pain :P
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    I will usually vote a healer, top dps isnt really a good sign of people doing objectives and actually winning the match.

Deleted
    If I see someone doing something particularly useful or impressive, He'll get mine. Otherwise it goes to a top healer. Usually I PvP with my partner though, so she gets most of them.

Well.. did a lot of people die well more often then the healer did? Then no.. Its not hard for one or two undergeared DPS trying to go all out on a healer and he just stands there and heals themselves.

I see it all the time in warzones, people put a mark on a healer that just stands in one place healing themselves the whole time while the rest of their team just picks those people apart that are focused on the healer.

I usually look for that one player that stands alone at a turret or door and calls out the INCs, they are far more valuable then any single healer and typically end the match with like 3 or 4 medals for that.

When I do random WZs on my gunslinger we win about 33% of the time I would say. When I heal them on my sage it easily goes up to a 75-80% win rate. It is amazing the difference one healer can make.

I mostly vote for healers. If not a healer it's a tank that does some good protection, someone who's really looking to win the match, or on rare occasions, a really good DPS

As a Healer I usually vote other healers, if they're above me. If they're not I give it to the person who ran the ball the most. Makes me cringe when the healer 5 down gets 4 mvp votes. Especially if it's a long game and I've had to kite people around all day while my team ignores me getting mauled... Always fun having 2-3 opposition chasing you and you're sprinting through 5 team mates who don't even slow down to fight the guys chasing you. Pretty pro.

Also yes I toss out snares on carriers, chain lighting if snares on CD for a slight snare, and try to knock people into fire/acid/off things. It's just more of that "utility" I bring to the table as a Sorc but seems worthless often enough.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    Healed about 10 warzones tonight, most of which I was our only healer. We won every game but one. I received a total of maybe 3 votes across all ten games. So my question is what criteria to you guys mvp vote. Seems most people just vote for the top damage or the top medal earner. Gets frustrating when your heals completely turn the tide and nobody acknowledges it, especially when I only get 3-4 medals on average per game already.
    Yes. I vote for whomever heals the most. Always. If no one is a dedicated healer, I vote for whomever got the most points toward objectives.