Deleted

Madness 10 Heroic tips or advice please :D

My guild just started progression on madness heroic, got to the 4th platform a few times, just wondering if anyone who has done the fight has any tips for Healing / mana cd's or advice for gear / reforging etc

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Could we get some more information? Armory, spec, healing partners, etc.

Deleted
    ahh sorry, Armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Muffintop/simple

Healing with a holy pally and shammy healer. and 1 tanking with blood dk

I'm going to assume you're healing the fight as Disc, which is what I would recommend, though Holy is still viable. Reforge out of all of your spirit, especially if you're using the HoL trinket, and put it into other secondary stats. I was rocking 2.4k spirit without any spirit proc trinkets myself, and the only time mana was a concern was the last 20% of the fight on DW's platform. You can forgo Inspiration if you have a Shaman, and I would 100% recommend that you use the PoH glyph instead of either Barrier or Penance. If you have the healing Maw (LFR or Normal), use it at least when everyone's stacked killing the tentacle. I didn't really try to place myself well for the Maw and it still did over a million healing for my kill.

Obviously, make sure you have Barrier for the bolt. It's one of the reasons I went with Disc for this fight. Timing your mana CDs will come with some experience on the fight. Remember, the fight is 15 minutes long, so you can make use of 2 lusts, multiple fiends and HoH. I would recommend doing everything you can to be at full mana for the 4th platform and go in with as much mana possible into P2. The fight three platforms are pretty repetitive and not too mana intensive, so just keep that in mind. And since you don't need to use your Barrier until platform 4, feel free to blow it whenever you want on the first or second plat (not the third, otherwise it won't be up again).

You have more than enough gear to be able to do this fight (hell I'm jealous. Still rocking 2 FL trinkets for Disc =P).

Deleted
    Even though we haven't killed it yet (bad setup is pretty bad for p2). I'll share some experince.

1st platform, pws tank 15 seconds before impale. Penance tank to get inspiration. Pws the tank as impale is about to hit. PI a DPS. Make sure you utilze attonement, 2 healers can heal it, so if they need help simply pop AA and assist them. Once the corruption is down, stack (maw is sick). Utilze AA again for the burst dmg at 70% and 40%, get raid to use dream at <40%.

2nd platform, pws tank 15 seconds before impale. Penance tank to get inspiration. Pws the tank as impale is about to hit. PI a DPS. Make sure you utilze attonement, 2 healers can heal it, so if they need help simply pop AA and assist them. Once the corruption is down, stack (maw is sick). Utilze AA again for the burst dmg at 70% and 40%, pop barrier at <40%.

3rd platform, pws tank 15 seconds before impale. Penance tank to get inspiration. Pws and pain sup the tank as impale is about to hit. Utilze AA, but be more aggressive at healing, the loss of red buff makes hits more dangerous. Once the corruption is down, stack (maw is sick). Utilze AA again for the burst dmg at 70% and 40%, pop PI on yourself at 40% and spew PoH.

4th platform, pws tank 15 seconds before impale. Penance tank to get inspiration. Pws the tank as impale is about to hit. Utilze AA, but be more aggressive at healing, the loss of red buff makes hits more dangerous, you'll have heroism instead of yellow, so healing is gonna feel similar to 3rd platform till it runs out. When the Bolt is about to come do PWB (make sure you inform people where you're gonna place it), PWS the people without immunities, use AA + DH. Once the bolt is dead and the adds start hitting the tank just pain sup him to avoid mistakes (though this is based off our setup). Once the corruption is down, stack (maw is sick). Utilze AA again for the burst dmg at 70% and 40%, pop PI on yourself at 40% and spew PoH.

Depending on what strategy you go with for parasite placement make sure you heal the target till the debuff expires or till they get into the void zone, especially on blue, as the dmg is enough to make the claw one shot people.

Use fiend on the 2nd and 4th platform and HoH as you land for P2.

P2: Since you have a DK it's quite faceroll, if you have enough AoE it's almost to easy. PWS shapenel targets right before the shapenel is about to hit. Use Spam PoH right before aoe at 16-11-6% and doing the dmg. You can use barrier for the 11% dmg spike and PS for the 2nd set of terrors.

Your spec seems fine, I would get the PoH glyph instead of the penance glyph btw. You have way to much spirit. It's very easy to proc raptures on madness (hello constant aoe dmg), so reforge out of that. I think haste might be best, but I personally prefer a bit of everything.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-02-19 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys, yea need to get rid of some of my spirit. changed my glyph for PoH one now. Saw the difference, and have stuck Maw on, Once i started utilizing AA this fight started to seem alot easier, still only on 4th platform but suppose all i need now is practice thanks again for the help.

Deleted
    Bad transmog is bad
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-02-20 at 01:08 PM.