Poll: Which one?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Live forever or die right now?

If you had to choose between living forever, or dying right now, what would you pick? And living forever, as in for all time. 100 billion years from now when the earth is a cloud of space dust, you'd still have to be alive, floating out there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    If you had to choose between living forever, or dying right now, what would you pick? And living forever, as in for all time. 100 billion years from now when the earth is a cloud of space dust, you'd still have to be alive, floating out there.
    I would choose to live forever. I think you would have to put some parameters on this, though. I mean, after the earth is gone, would I still need air to breathe?

Great idea for a topic, although I don't think many people are going to choose "death right now". Perhaps a better poll might have been what would you do to be able to live forever.

And to tag on to what Cubby said, not only what would you do to be able to live forever, but also would you choose someone(s) to live forever with you.

Because I cannot see the worth of living forever...alone.

Okay, you don't require air, food, water, or anything else. And you never feel any kind of pain. But you don't have super powers, you'd have to find some creative way to propel yourself through space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would choose to live forever. I think you would have to put some parameters on this, though. I mean, after the earth is gone, would I still need air to breathe?

Great idea for a topic, although I don't think many people are going to choose "death right now". Perhaps a better poll might have been what would you do to be able to live forever.
    dont be so sure assuming you still feel pain and that you time after time need to see your loved ones and friends go aswell as your entire race (if/when) that happens die out and perhaps the fall of our planet and the iceage well then living forever could quickly turn into a very painful curse well it could literaly end up being a version of hell. seeing op just posted that then yea i would pick live forever seeing in this case i feel no pain i would assume that means emotional to sounds like paradise to me.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2012-02-18 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I can entertain myself quite well, but floating around in space for a few billion years waiting for the universe to blow up is a bit too long :P

Well, living after the Earth is gone sounds bad, but you will have enough time to build a spaceship and fly somewhere.
    You can even research genetic engineering, create an entire race of people from scratch and be their "god".

Live forever. I would have gotten a spaceship and gone to Earth 2 long before Earth was nothing but dust.

Besides, I'm not ready to die yet, there's too much I haven't done yet.

Deleted
    Die right now. I don't like the idea of feeling endless pain and torment or being burried alive for thousands of years, if not until the end of the world. Not to mention the emptiness after seeing everything you held dear decay in front of you.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2012-02-18 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Die. I don't particularly see death as a negative thing - it's just an end, you don't feel anything once you're dead. (Unless you believe in heaven/hell/turning into a giant fluffy unicorn).

Live forever. Based on the amount of time, you'd be able to gather such insane amounts of knowledge and probably piece out to a new universe. Once that's done once it's pretty much rinse and repeat. Plus, this planet has a few billion years until the sun decimates it, so I think we'll be alright. I really hope we're not still limited to this one rock after a few billion years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    Reminds me of Eddie Izzard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjcuZ-LiSY

Live forever. I don't fear death and will welcome it (as long as it is not a drowning kind of death, I'd hate that), but I would love to live forever. Sure, it will be hard when your loved ones die, but you'll get over it, and the amount of work you could do, the amount of knowledge, and power....

But I'll settle with 113 years, I just want to get to 2100
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Die Right now, but not suicide as that is against the law of life, this world is only a gateway to the next

Well with your newly added rules... I would choose live forever. If there is no pain on re-entry and you can't physically burn up, propelling myself through space with my own gas sounds doable. I read that because there is no friction in space (no air - absolute zero) moving even slowly in a direction would never stop - you don't slow down over time because there is nothing too slow you down, nor do you speed up. but you need something to give you that push and what better than a fart.

Deleted
    If there was an immortal female with whom I could reintroduce the human race, I would choose the eternal life option

I would choose live forever. It would suck watching family die but I would also get to watch generations continue to grow (imagine the joys of being a great great great grandpa ). When the world ends, I would just go with it.

Live forever.
    Logic behind it; after about 1000 years, years and months would fly by like seconds if my mind continues to degrade at the steady human rate of elderly age decline. However if my mental capacity no longer decays, I would strongly reconsider this and have to reweigh my options. x]
    Another Day Closer to Death. ☼_☼

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

You have no idea what living forever means. Imagine seeing every one you loved passing away in your arms while you know you will never join them.

So die right now and be forgotten as just another person or become a fact of time that will always exist? How is this a tough choice?