Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Yea that's what got me thinking whether I should switch or not, and it looks pretty handy for tight spots in PvP. But 2h sword does have sweet dmg though.... Now i'm deciding whether I should sacrifice dmg for some more mobility.
    Ya, i think i'm set on the short sword and the warhorn, but what DOES have me thinking is axes, shortbow, or longbow.... maybe axe and dagger... oh the possibilities are endless!! But that yogcast vid totally 100% confirmed ranger as my prof, i can now sleep soundly knowing this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Ya, i think i'm set on the short sword and the warhorn, but what DOES have me thinking is axes, shortbow, or longbow.... maybe axe and dagger... oh the possibilities are endless!! But that yogcast vid totally 100% confirmed ranger as my prof, i can now sleep soundly knowing this lol
    Yeah, I was digging the axe/warhorn for melee until I read that, well, axes are for throwing (ugh)! But that was a while ago, now I'm just juggling which set I like most. (@,@')

But 1h sword/warhorn (or torch) look sexy to mess with in melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Yeah, I was digging the axe/warhorn for melee until I read that, well, axes are for throwing (ugh)! But that was a while ago, now I'm just juggling which set I like most. (@,@')

But 1h sword/warhorn (or torch) look sexy to mess with in melee.
    Oh dude i'm totally psyched for being able to dance all over the place with my melee weapon lol

And ya i was going to dual wield axes then i realized they're thrown.... but after seeing some of those axe moves i'm kinda digging the idea of throwing them...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently looking at going 2H-Sword and Longbow with my Utility/Elite skills being filled with snares/roots. All subject to change upon playing though, will have to see how much range I can keep on people w/o the Shortbows mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Currently looking at going 2H-Sword and Longbow with my Utility/Elite skills being filled with snares/roots. All subject to change upon playing though, will have to see how much range I can keep on people w/o the Shortbows mobility.
    If I dd longbow/2h sword I'd probably use the bow when my enemy is a way away and swap to a 2h sword when they got closer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    If I dd longbow/2h sword I'd probably use the bow when my enemy is a way away and swap to a 2h sword when they got closer
    Yeah basically what i'll be going for, everything aimed at keeping enough distance between me and the enemy to really utilize the Longbow while keeping the 2H-Sword for emergencies and utility to close the gap myself when they get near and keep controlling the fight.

*edit* Will also definitely be trying out a heavy pet based spec at some point, off to look at which weapon sets add the most utility for that now .

Looking at the abilities i'd have to go with Sword & War Horn with Shortbow for a pet based build.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-02-29 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yogscast ranger spotlight!

video snip

I actually didn't really have much interest in the ranger, but now I'm considering it for my main. They have some cool attack animations that really appeal to me. I'll have to look into them a bit more now.
    Watching this makes me want to play a ranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Yeah basically what i'll be going for, everything aimed at keeping enough distance between me and the enemy to really utilize the Longbow while keeping the 2H-Sword for emergencies and utility to close the gap myself when they get near and keep controlling the fight.

*edit* Will also definitely be trying out a heavy pet based spec at some point, off to look at which weapon sets add the most utility for that now .

Looking at the abilities i'd have to go with Sword & War Horn with Shortbow for a pet based build.
    lol i picked those because i was going for a condition and movement heavy build, however i am totally going to be pumping points into beast mastery, just like in GW1, me and my pets will dominate the lands of tyria!

i wish i knew how to hack...then i could hack one of your accounts, take control over it and use it for myself...then i'd finally have the white raven i crave for >8^D
    but in all seriousness - i hope they add more pets really fast :P i want my fox in gw2

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the skill tool thingy could show Ranger pets, too.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell, I wish the tool was up to date enough to show all the traits. Sadly at the bottom it seems to go blank for me. Guess we need another beta so we can get more info. Can't really play around with it too much when one of the trait paths has no major traits to pick and the minor traits have no descriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized that the stand still stealth ability is gone from the utility skills, this just a mishap or was it really taken out?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Just realized that the stand still stealth ability is gone from the utility skills, this just a mishap or was it really taken out?
    With traits being completely absent in some parts of the tool, who knows? Until we get a more thorough look at the game it will be guesswork at best. They probably did remove it is my guess. Other than traps, we have nothing that really synergises with stealth. I am fine with that, I hate stealthing classes usually anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KIRDxaE#t=480s

1.5k crit at level 11 with one of the 1 hand sword attacks. O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KIRDxaE#t=480s

1.5k crit at level 11 with one of the 1 hand sword attacks. O.o
    Critter, irrelevent. Saw one of TB's vids where the warrior attacked a critter for like 100k damage. Being that they have zero armor they can't mitigate any damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like me, i see a few LB/2h sword rangers here. Here's a video of the skills at our disposal (since the video doesn't have alot of views i'll assume it wasn't posted here before... but if it has, I apologize.)

First off let me say that I will be playing Thief for my Main.

Now after saying that, I really think the Ranger looks like a very fun class to play. You guys have great range and some fun weapon mechanics. The only concern is your utility skills. After looking them over, I just get the feeling like ANet kinda gave the Ranger the shaft on their choices for Utility Skills. Do any of you get that feeling at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post

Now after saying that, I really think the Ranger looks like a very fun class to play. You guys have great range and some fun weapon mechanics. The only concern is your utility skills. After looking them over, I just get the feeling like ANet kinda gave the Ranger the shaft on their choices for Utility Skills. Do any of you get that feeling at all?
    I thought that pre beta, but now that beta is out i do not think we got the shaft in any means, i was kinda hoping we'd get an "Angry tree form" for an elite lol, but i'm fine without that too xD.

PS: Spirit utility skills = OMGWTFPWNZ awesome, and i'll likely have at least one.... just which to pick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post

I somewhat agree, too many trap skills imo and not enough marksman skills. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be using alot of these skills depending on the situation but I really would've preferred a tad bit more bow skills and even melee skills to choose from. And I really don't like how they took out the stand still stealth. Then again, this is only beta so everything is still subject to change.

I really cant decide if i want to play a ranger or not. Engineer, Ele, Necro, and Warrior are already sure things, but i really cant decide between Thief and Ranger.